List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They went to the Polo?

Delist. Delist them all.
That's a disgrace.
No one in a right frame of mind goes to the polo.

Afterparty Il let slide but deadset the boys need mentoring.

Cunners will never be traded. He wants to stay, he is contracted, on good money and the coaches love him. You can't trade players against their will anyway. I'm not a pessimist, but I'd be very surprised if any of those big name free agents nominate us. Players want premierships and we aren't publicly considered to be anywhere near that mythical "premiership window", plus we don't have the "collingwood factor" of getting to play in front of big crowds every week. In my opinion our best option is either to keep developing from within i.e. trying to draft stars, or throwing big money at someone from an expansion club ie Dylan Shiel, Josh Kelly or Jack Martin. I assume we'll try the latter but there is a good chance it doesn't come off. Still, if the likes of Dumont, Clarke, Hibberd, McKay, Garner, Wagner, Durdin, Simpkin and Williams develop into stars we should be really competitive in a few years time. I think all those guys I've named have the potential to become A-graders, but in the end it comes down to player development. Will be an interesting few years...
manuel que.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a disgrace.
No one in a right frame of mind goes to the polo.

Afterparty Il let slide but deadset the boys need mentoring.

Polo is s**t. None go there for the Polo. Someone I know well runs events and one of them is the Polo. It's pretty much the crowd that goes to races to get "frocked up and indulge" that doesn't care about horse racing.

Basically, our lads would have a great time without worrying about your average footy fan recognising them.

Best of luck to them. Hopefully they did well;)

Jake Lever is out of contract at the end of the year. That would be a huge addition to CHB, I'd happily throw huge money at him. It would sure up our defence for the next 5+ years. However I highly doubt we could get it done especially if we target a big name midfielder.

Jackson Trengove would do the same, he is an excellent defender when he doesn't have to play on the big gorilla's. Always liked his aggressive attitude and leadership too. Being a free agent he wouldn't cost too much either. Would allow Durdin to come in as a third tall to develop as well.

Throw in a Josh Kelly with the war chest and we look incredibly dangerous in 2018.

In: Trengove + Josh Kelly
Out: 2017 + 2018 first round picks.

2018 Team:

B: Williams Tarrant Atley
HB: EVW Trengove McDonald
C: Clarke Cunnington Kelly
HF: Wood McKay Higgins
F: Thomas Brown Daw
Foll: Goldy Ziebell Ahern
Bench: Hrovat McMillan, Dumont, Simpkin

Depth: Swallow, Durdin, Hansen, Waite, Anderson, Turner, Garner, Jacobs, Wright, Hibberd, Gibson, Wagner, Mountford, Junker, Mullett

Jake Lever is out of contract at the end of the year. That would be a huge addition to CHB, I'd happily throw huge money at him. It would sure up our defence for the next 5+ years. However I highly doubt we could get it done especially if we target a big name midfielder.

Jackson Trengove would do the same, he is an excellent defender when he doesn't have to play on the big gorilla's. Always liked his aggressive attitude and leadership too. Being a free agent he wouldn't cost too much either. Would allow Durdin to come in as a third tall to develop as well.

Throw in a Josh Kelly with the war chest and we look incredibly dangerous in 2018.

In: Trengove + Josh Kelly
Out: 2017 + 2018 first round picks.

2018 Team:

B: Williams Tarrant Atley
HB: EVW Trengove McDonald
C: Clarke Cunnington Kelly
HF: Wood McKay Higgins
F: Thomas Brown Daw
Foll: Goldy Ziebell Ahern
Bench: Hrovat McMillan, Dumont, Simpkin

Depth: Swallow, Durdin, Hansen, Waite, Anderson, Turner, Garner, Jacobs, Wright, Hibberd, Gibson, Wagner, Mountford, Junker, Mullett

2017-2018 1st picks would barely get Kelly, let alone both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all seriouslyness, you don't agree?

We are no guarantee to get Thomas, Scott, Blakey. The only one who looks a certainty is Crocker. Have a look how the AFL has shifted the goal posts with GWS academy, wouldn't surprise me
In the slightest for that to happen to us just as we look to benefit from it.

I do agree however that we need to be careful with picks but there are ways to accumulate points via trades. If the opportunity arises to pick up a genuine game winner like Kelly or Shiel then I'd be sending two first rounders in a heart beat. Let the list management side figure out how to get more points for Thomas and the F/S's. Worst case scenario is we go into a little bit of point deficiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back