AFL Grand Final Grand Final, 2018: West Coast v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

We knew our season was rooted four months ago. Collingwood found out with a minute to go in the GF.

Same result.:)
Having lived through both emotions through my days
There is something to be said about the former in a strange kinda way
At least that one i have been used to throughout my existence.
Twas the latter that was truly Heartbreaking!

Glad the scum that inflicted that pain on us get to feel how bitter that pill is to swallow!
Though long time Pie fans know that Wobble feeling all too well!

BTW Of course i would prefer we win and are successful!.......:)

Great game.

I thought was well umpired too, unlike a few Collingwood flogs melting over Maynard being blocked.

I thought initally the loss wasn't that bad in the bigger picture for Collingwood as they are a fairly young team and it could steel them. But the last few years have showed that the GFs are really hard to make, so you have to take your chance when you can like the dogs did. I think they will be thereabouts next year, but so will Melbourne, Richmond, GWS who will all be aiming to make the GF. I don't see them as better than that group.

Last edited:

Jack Steven was in the mcc line this morning. Wearing a suit and runners no less. The mcg Gestapo were not playing favourites with the great man either. Dress code was too hot for Jacky boy to enter the long room.

Hopefully he will get his chance on the hallowed turf soon enough.

Back from Sydney

The team that really should be feeling sad tonight is Richmond. For mine they were the team that threw away the flag. They were clearly the best team all year and I've no doubt that they would have handled the Eagles comfortably. It just shows how important the Prelims are, especially as there's no safety net for one poor performance.

Strangely, I don't rate the Eagles that highly despite them winning the GF. There's a few ordinary players in their midst but congrats to them for getting the job done and taking their chance (unlike us).

The Pies over achieved in reaching the Grand Final but will be mightily disappointed at not winning it. Considering their injuries throughout the year they have done exceptionally well. And that's coming from a Collingwood hater of many years standing. In some ways I think they played their Grand Final last week when they approached it as a last man standing affair.

Bad luck for them....good for everyone else.

The team that really should be feeling sad tonight is Richmond. For mine they were the team that threw away the flag. They were clearly the best team all year and I've no doubt that they would have handled the Eagles comfortably. It just shows how important the Prelims are, especially as there's no safety net for one poor performance.

Strangely, I don't rate the Eagles that highly despite them winning the GF. There's a few ordinary players in their midst but congrats to them for getting the job done and taking their chance (unlike us).

The Pies over achieved in reaching the Grand Final but will be mightily disappointed at not winning it. Considering their injuries throughout the year they have done exceptionally well. And that's coming from a Collingwood hater of many years standing. In some ways I think they played their Grand Final last week when they approached it as a last man standing affair.

Bad luck for them....good for everyone else.

Eagles won every game in Vic this season, I think that’s an excellent stat. They also handled that horrible finals bye better than Richmond did. ( hope they ditch it). I’m not at all convinced Tigers would have beaten them had they played.

Eagles won every game in Vic this season, I think that’s an excellent stat. They also handled that horrible finals bye better than Richmond did. ( hope they ditch it). I’m not at all convinced Tigers would have beaten them had they played.
With you completely on ditching the pre finals bye...Tis hurting the best throughout the season! Prelim final time
has them completely underdone if they win their first final by playing 1 game in 3 weeks...This is not an advantage!
And kudos to the Weagles on their finals form and in melb without Nic Nat!

But reckon the Tigers would have eaten them had they not blown it by being caught
out hopelessly in the first half last week, by a battle hardened side!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was so ‘meh’ leading up to the game, didn’t watch any of the pre game stuff, just wasn’t interested. Switched over just before first bounce.....

What a game it was.

In the end I was up off my seat most I have been since 2010 Grand Final. Was so exciting and the best team won for me.

Have to say that in the extremely unlikely event that Eddie sacks Bucks ( won’t happen) I’d take him without thinking twice.

The guy was all class today, taking the time to console the cheer squad lady before arguably the biggest game of his career, consoling his runner and the way he spoke and comforted his players.

Made a lot of friends today.

Starting line up of players who have left the saints and gone on to win a premiership at another club:

B: MALTHOUSE, WAKELIN, RICE
HB: GUERRA, PEROVIC, GREENE
C: T.BROWN, STEWART, FREEMAN
HF: RAE, HALL, HUTCHINGS
F: CRIPPS, McEVOY, MOYES
R: HARDING, BALL, McLEOD

I couldn't find another winger but knowing our luck Freeman will be picked up by someone and become a premiership player.

Some of the players are from the early days of the VFL so hard to gauge their performances but for the sake of this exercise I have included them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back