Injury 2018 Blue Healers Medical Room - HBF - fainthearted 1-2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

don't wanna get too clicky here and jimster doesn't need me talking on his behalf but it might be wise to take into account a poster's history and style before going all full metal jacket on him

don't wanna get too clicky here and jimster doesn't need me talking on his behalf but it might be wise to take into account a poster's history and style before going all full metal jacket on him
Now I'm just picturing Shiek as a drill sergeant

You could not be more wrong about my comments. I am bagging the performance management staff, not Levi, because I think things like that can be minimised if fatigue is minimised.

I'm not sure we're doing that to an adequate level and I think you'll find I'm not alone in that.
Are you saying that tired muscles are more susceptible to injury or that he wouldn’t have been in that position if he was fitter?

Are you saying that tired muscles are more susceptible to injury or that he wouldn’t have been in that position if he was fitter?
Fatigued muscles (or other leg/hip/back related issues) mean it's more difficult to maintain balance, so in this case I'm talking about 'jelly legs'. It had a limited effect on the nature of the contest, but it's potentially there.

There's definitely more dramatic examples, usually in players coming off long runs. Every little bit done to keep the players in better nick helps on game day, and I really do think a significant portion of the cumulative stress on our players compared to the rest of the competition is reasonably avoidable.

Fatigued muscles (or other leg/hip/back related issues) mean it's more difficult to maintain balance, so in this case I'm talking about 'jelly legs'. It had a limited effect on the nature of the contest, but it's potentially there.

There's definitely more dramatic examples, usually in players coming off long runs. Every little bit done to keep the players in better nick helps on game day, and I really do think a significant portion of the cumulative stress on our players compared to the rest of the competition is reasonably avoidable.
Plenty of injuries I've seen in sport occurred under severe fatigue. When you're tired you get clumsy and tend to increase all forms of injury, including impact. I completely agree with your point and think it's an issue, not saying thats what happened with Levi just wanted to add my two cents. I've definitely seen fatigue cause avoidable injuries

Watching Brad Scott interview. He makes a very good point about performance and availablity and exposing young players too early. Lots of things pertaining to us that we should take on board. Starts at 25.15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Brad Scott interview. He makes a very good point about performance and availablity and exposing young players too early. Lots of things pertaining to us that we should take on board. Starts at 25.15

Very interesting episode thanks for posting therubbernub :thumbsu:

Was interested that Brad Scott mentioned he was not in favour of stripping the list right back and going down to the bottom. I would have liked to hear what alternative path he would favour.

Was interested that Brad Scott mentioned he was not in favour of stripping the list right back and going down to the bottom. I would have liked to hear what alternative path he would favour.
I think the idea is don’t * up your list that badly in the first place :)

He favours the path of recruiting ageing players that still have their best footy ahead of them.

As at 8th May:-

Murphy - plantar fascia - Test
CCurnow - rolled ankle - Test
Marchbank - minor ankle sprain - Test

Casboult - broken rib - 4 weeks
Lebois- broken collarbone - 8 weeks
Cuningham - minor hamstring strain - 1 week
Williamson - back - 1 week
Macreadie - mild hamstring strain - 2 weeks
ASOS - Achilles - 2 weeks
McDaid - foot – 2 weeks
Byrne - quad strain - 6 weeks