Injury 2018 Blue Healers Medical Room - HBF - fainthearted 1-2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

As a general rule that I think should be implemented, if you are 'facing a fitness test' and the team is 1-15, you probably shouldn't play.

Why risk injury. Just rest guys - shut them down for the year if needed - and let them get full fitness before starting a really good pre-season.

Our players are our most important assets, and for the young guys (Weitering, Macreadie, Marchbank, etc) the most critical thing they can do IMO is have a really good pre-season. Why risk anything happening to them in the last 6 weeks?
Still have an obligation to field an AFL side

Lots of young players, low depth, forced defensive game plan, lots of players recruited with previous injury history, doing a preseason in the park and now running around on a fresh surface that's probably not ideal, lack of depth forcing low rotations, little rest periods, rushing player back, we're probably playing a lot of sore and injured players. We're going to struggle. Just need to chip away at these factors.

More mature players, perfect training surface, lots of rotations in all areas, good depth in and outside of the best 22, ability to rest players, bring in players who demonstrate a sound body. Just work on getting these right.

Injuries are a big reason for a poor season but where we are at, we probably are higher risk of having a high injury toll than many others.

Are we cursed? Or does our medical department need a complete overhaul?

Another 1st quarter injury, a second in the 2nd. How many times is this going to happen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They said it wasn't a rolled ankle for Fisher. The way he was hobbling it could just about be a hairline fracture. Out for the rest of the season if that's the case.

Am i reading that right - Cripps, Fish and Jones are the only players to play every game?

This would be hilarious in hindsight, if it wasn't so tragic.

Fisher - possible broken leg, out for season. Jones - knee injury, out for season. Cripps - punched in head... survived (I think if Cripss had gone down too that post would have been worthy of a permanent ban from this board)

This would be hilarious in hindsight, if it wasn't so tragic.

Fisher - possible broken leg, out for season. Jones - knee injury, out for season. Cripps - punched in head... survived (I think if Cripss had gone down too that post would have been worthy of a permanent ban from this board)
**** sorry. Shouldn’t have asked the question. Will cop the ban

Am i reading that right - Cripps, Fish and Jones are the only players to play every game?

Am I reading that right - BlueGum is the only poster not to be red carded this year?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back