Analysis 2018 General Offseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naismith and Reid won’t make f*** all real difference to the side next year

Naismith is not much better than sinclair in impact on game and Reid is never going to be what people think he can be unfortunately

Improvement needs to come from the under 25s and hope the old farts can keep going

Naismith will make a great deal of difference. One of our problems last year, even though Cal tried hard, was HO to advantage. There were too few of these. Naismith was third in the AFL for HO to advantage in his first full season. Although I'd like to see him bash the shite out of the ball and send it 20 to 30 metres occasionally.

Naismith will make a great deal of difference. One of our problems last year, even though Cal tried hard, was HO to advantage. There were too few of these. Naismith was third in the AFL for HO to advantage in his first full season. Although I'd like to see him bash the shite out of the ball and send it 20 to 30 metres occasionally.

Hope you are right, the sample size on Naismith impact is very small and dated though, he doesn’t offer much around the ground either

But let’s see I guess

Hope you are right, the sample size on Naismith impact is very small and dated though, he doesn’t offer much around the ground either

But let’s see I guess

If you impact forward. You are right. He always impacts the contest. He contests everything. He doesn't take enough big marks for a guy his size and he must improve that part of his game. His contesting is good though and he brings the ball to ground. He is also a very good defensive ruckman and has taken some very timely grabs and touched many balls through. He is still improving and would have been better last year had he not done his ACL.

I am thinking that one day the AFL as a concept will end, the sport will cease to exist because of nuclear war that wipes out humanity, the sun expanding and enveloping the earth or simply it losing popularity in a few hundred years. Is it weird that when this happens I want the Swans to be the team that wins the final AFL premiership?

I am thinking that one day the AFL as a concept will end, the sport will cease to exist because of nuclear war that wipes out humanity, the sun expanding and enveloping the earth or simply it losing popularity in a few hundred years. Is it weird that when this happens I want the Swans to be the team that wins the final AFL premiership?

A bit grim, but not so weird. Personally I hope that last Premiership comes via a frightful flogging the Bloods deliver to Nauruan Blues (centuries before in 2032, the perennially unsuccessful and criminal Carlton FC were relocated to Nauru as part of an attempt to internationalise the game).

If you impact forward. You are right. He always impacts the contest. He contests everything. He doesn't take enough big marks for a guy his size and he must improve that part of his game. His contesting is good though and he brings the ball to ground. He is also a very good defensive ruckman and has taken some very timely grabs and touched many balls through. He is still improving and would have been better last year had he not done his ACL.

Naismith?

It’s still only 28 games in, just not getting carried away with rankings and stats yet persnally

Naismith would have been a god in the 90s.

... and while the Bloods tape measure is a little unreliable. there are rumours that Sam's height approaches that of Cripps, the Mt Olympus of AFL.

Team photo day but what's the go with no Aliir ? Something going on that hasn't made the news yet???
Ah yes, he’s not in the footage of the main group photo. Wow, I didn’t notice that before. That’s strange (or maybe he just ducked off to the toilet or something)!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naismith?

It’s still only 28 games in, just not getting carried away with rankings and stats yet persnally
In his first season he impacted the Ruck contest. He needed and still needs to get more ball around the ground. But his HO to advantage were good. This small sample IS a good example of what he could do because it is something he also did at the lower level.

It will be better with him in the Ruck.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just counted 44 players and we have 46 on our list not including Tippett. Considering that is not the actual team photo lets not read too much into it

EDIT: I'm also not entirely sure what he looks like but is Menzel there?

I am think Menzel is in the back row (next to Maibaum).
I think Naismith is missing.

I noticed this the other day (Aliir). I have been waiting for someone else to notice!

I just counted 44 players and we have 46 on our list not including Tippett. Considering that is not the actual team photo lets not read too much into it

EDIT: I'm also not entirely sure what he looks like but is Menzel there?
Is it 46 on our list? I only count 45 on the player profiles on the website (39 on the main list plus 6 rookies)?

Last edited:
Guys settle down, it’s not like he’s been delisted or anything. They will photoshop him into the picture once his photo is taken, hence the obvious space next to Blakey.

What I’m more curious about is why they even bother taking the team photo if they don’t make it accessable to fans.

Guys settle down, it’s not like he’s been delisted or anything. They will photoshop him into the picture once his photo is taken, hence the obvious space next to Blakey.

What I’m more curious about is why they even bother taking the team photo if they don’t make it accessable to fans.
Good pick up re that gap. This screen capture probably shows it better:
F2E27599-D02D-48A8-B1B7-197D387FDF4D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back