Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 3: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M is our new club theme song

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were belting teams last year, do you think neutrals would've liked the games better than richmond's and saint's tonight or am I looking at our games through rose coloured glasses?

Also, I haven't been watching but did it stay #freekickrichmond?

Is it just me, or is Hamish Mclachlan doing a lot less media the last couple of months? Hasn't been hosting gameday for a while, and only doing half time duties on a Friday night game. Not that I mind at all, just interested if his role has been pulled back drastically.
Preparing for the upcoming cricket season?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Imagine replacing St Kilda, Carlton and the Bulldogs with a Tasmanian team.

Competition instantly improved

Bulldogs?
I know they were assisted but they won a flag 18 or so months ago.

I think the worst rule is that Dusty is permitted to fend off high but nobody else is allowed to, and the next worst is that Jack Riewoldt is allowed to put hands on shoulders to propel himself in the marking contest followed by the next worst rule that all Richmond players are allowed to tunnel the opposition while that opposition is in an aerial contest.:)

They might not be the written rules but they're actually a thing.
Richmond are a good team, and a good "big 5" team so they get the extra love.
Just cast your mind back 5 years to "tackling hodge is a free kick against" and 8 years back to "Selwood was within 5 meters of the play, he gets a free".

it's a pity for Melbourne and the Saints that they aren't well loved enough by the VFL to get the advantage.
Make no mistake, if they make a grannie against a non VFL team they will get kissed on the dick, but they won't get a year long love in like an MCG home team with a premiership drought.

The only bucking of the trend in the last 15 years was Sydney, and at the time the AFL was more up their arse than I am up my own. And that's saying something. The AFL had a vested interest in a return on their advertising (and COLA was very small % of it) - the ROI was required, and I've had weeks without daylight.

At any rate, the spectacle is what it is, and the weight of fan dollars influence the results.

I've always enjoyed the analogy of sport for the real world, and looking at this post, it's sadly more accurate than I'd have hoped.

9a9a3d26c35cfbce59da18e5650a03c7.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond are a good team, and a good "big 5" team so they get the extra love.
Just cast your mind back 5 years to "tackling hodge is a free kick against" and 8 years back to "Selwood was within 5 meters of the play, he gets a free".

it's a pity for Melbourne and the Saints that they aren't well loved enough by the VFL to get the advantage.
Make no mistake, if they make a grannie against a non VFL team they will get kissed on the dick, but they won't get a year long love in like an MCG home team with a premiership drought.

The only bucking of the trend in the last 15 years was Sydney, and at the time the AFL was more up their arse than I am up my own. And that's saying something. The AFL had a vested interest in a return on their advertising (and COLA was very small % of it) - the ROI was required, and I've had weeks without daylight.

At any rate, the spectacle is what it is, and the weight of fan dollars influence the results.

I've always enjoyed the analogy of sport for the real world, and looking at this post, it's sadly more accurate than I'd have hoped.
E2D1D267-5D31-4CD1-A653-E3ACACB8AAE7.gif

When we were belting teams last year, do you think neutrals would've liked the games better than richmond's and saint's tonight or am I looking at our games through rose coloured glasses?

Also, I haven't been watching but did it stay #freekickrichmond?

Our style was aesthetically pleasing, free flowing football. Similarly with Hawthorn and Geelong in their golden eras.

Richmond's style is **** ugly. The only goals seem to come from snap kicks out of congestion, which they are dead eyes at doing.

Our style was aesthetically pleasing, free flowing football. Similarly with Hawthorn and Geelong in their golden eras.

Richmond's style is **** ugly. The only goals seem to come from snap kicks out of congestion, which they are dead eyes at doing.
When their game falls apart and they miss those, and at some stage it will happen, I hope they’re not playing Port.:D

Posted elsewhere. Will post again.

AFL Premier League

Collingwood
Richmond
Essendon
Geelong
Hawthorn
Adelaide
Port
West Coast
Fremantle
Sydney

2nd Division
Melbourne
Carlton
Bulldogs
North
Brisbane
GWS
Hobart
NT
Another WA team
Norwood/Sturt amalgam

Play 18 round season. Top 6 finals. Bottom 4 v Top 4 from 2nd div play offs for premier league.

Bottom 6 have an early Mad Monday.

Problem solvered.
Regular season
18 games home and away

Playoffs
Top group - 8 teams
Top 8 play each other again once = 7 games
Top 4 after that play off in Prelim
GF after that

Maximum games 18 + 7 + 1 + 1 = 27
At the moment it’s 22 + 4 = 6

It could work

Someone send this to Gill

Middle group - 8 teams
Actually change it to bottom 2 from Premier League plus top 6 from 2nd Div

Same format as above

No Grand Final. “Prelim” winners play in Premier League next season.

Bottom group - 4 teams
Play off for draft picks ... maybe ... still need to think this one through

What’s the thinking on Brodie Smith and number of games in the SANFL? Obviously depends on form but what would a nominal number of games be? 3,6? Showdown is in two weeks time, it’d be great for him to play in that but I’d think it’s too soon.

What’s the thinking on Brodie Smith and number of games in the SANFL? Obviously depends on form but what would a nominal number of games be? 3,6? Showdown is in two weeks time, it’d be great for him to play in that but I’d think it’s too soon.
Showdown! Give the team the same sort of lift they got after Sloane re-signed.

Two weeks. He's flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back