Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 3: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M is our new club theme song

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So reserves football legend Steve Summerton retires from being a top up at the Port Power reserves. A great player who earned his name amongst other great top ups like Tubs from Tanunda, and that kid who kept to himself.

you forgot gun top up player, Trent from the Gold Coast

So reserves football legend Steve Summerton retires from being a top up at the Port Power reserves. A great player who earned his name amongst other great top ups like Tubs from Tanunda, and that kid who kept to himself.
Not sure what context you’re posting this in, has there been a fluff piece written about it? Over hyped?
The reason I’m saying this is that Summerton has been one of the best players in the SANFL in his time and deserves respect. If he stuck to his guns when Port Power shafted Port Magpies and walked to another club he’d probably be better respected and a Magarey Medalist, Sturt chased him. He made his bed and stayed, fair enough, as I’ve said before, footy is complicated in SA. He deserves credit for sticking it through while being in a system and a club that shafted him, while being “fair” to the comp.
I hate Port, and there’s not one bit of me that feels sorry for their 2017 GF loss, but I did feel a bit for Summerton in losing that game, he’s a quintessential team man, playing in a time where his club f***ed him over, but it was his choice.

No idea why they would want May, there problem is not being able to score and s**t kicks
I agree, but they didnt need to chase any of the players they did last year either.

I'm not sure how Atley and Polec gets them a first, not without giving something back. Atley might be a good player, but hes proven 4/5s of **** all thus far

One thing you have to give Kern credit for is not just sitting back and hope that improvement and a chance at a flag will just come. Rightly or wrongly he has been aggressive in his quest to improve the list.
Wrongly aggressive = car crash

I'm not sure how Atley and Polec gets them a first, not without giving something back. Atley might be a good player, but hes proven 4/5s of **** all thus far
Maybe this is a blink offer

If North like the idea of Atley and his brother together they may blink. Port could/might take Atley off the table and insert another spud if North say no

It’s hard for you lot to have a downfall when you are in a permanent position of mediocrity.
But hey you’ve got a song and China.

Qualifying Final berths: 2008-2017

Geelong: 8
Hawthorn: 7
Sydney: 5
Collingwood: 4
Fremantle: 3
St Kilda: 3
Western Bulldogs: 3
Adelaide: 2
GWS: 2
WCE: 2
Richmond: 1

Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Gold Coast, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide: 0
How about premierships this millennium?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what context you’re posting this in, has there been a fluff piece written about it? Over hyped?
The reason I’m saying this is that Summerton has been one of the best players in the SANFL in his time and deserves respect. If he stuck to his guns when Port Power shafted Port Magpies and walked to another club he’d probably be better respected and a Magarey Medalist, Sturt chased him. He made his bed and stayed, fair enough, as I’ve said before, footy is complicated in SA. He deserves credit for sticking it through while being in a system and a club that shafted him, while being “fair” to the comp.
I hate Port, and there’s not one bit of me that feels sorry for their 2017 GF loss, but I did feel a bit for Summerton in losing that game, he’s a quintessential team man, playing in a time where his club f***ed him over, but it was his choice.
Basically that but he chose to play in a fake team rather than a real club

Doesn’t get to respect for choosing to be a fish in the second tier of a very small pond

Basically that but he chose to play in a fake team rather than a real club

Doesn’t get to respect for choosing to be a fish in the second tier of a very small pond
Can’t disagree with this more.
He’s a born and bred Port lad, he’s come up through their junior system when they had one. So for him he’s very much part of a real club, it’s not for you to decide that, it’s your opinion.
Does Kirkwood deserve more accolades for leaving his junior club for another? Are you going to dismiss everything that Kirkwood has achieved from leaving just because he’s “a fish in a very small pond”?
You’re dismissing a lot of quality football and footballers just because it doesn’t fit your narrative or myopic view.

He’s a born and bred Port lad, he’s come up through their junior system when they had one. So for him he’s very much part of a real club, it’s not for you to decide that, it’s your opinion.
Does Kirkwood deserve more accolades for leaving his junior club for another? Are you going to dismiss everything that Kirkwood has achieved from leaving just because he’s “a fish in a very small pond”?
You’re dismissing a lot of quality football and footballers just because it doesn’t fit your narrative or myopic view.
He’s not part of a real club, he said that himself.

Not sure you are following. Kirkwood does deserve accolades because he left to go to a club that was there to achieve success, not to be the fluffers for an AFL side.

Summerton aimed low and was successful. Kudos.

Man it is confusing, I thought the Powah were the real club est. 601 BC and the Maggies were the ones est. 1997?

Now you're saying the maggies are the real club.

Troy Pannell is retiring.......
Someone will be disgusted
02142b84d3b24d65f9d271bc6bb2a93c.png

Whatever your views on the MCG, the last five grand finals have seen a Victorian side defeat a non-Victorian side. Possibly going to be six in a row after this season. In the last four grand finals, the Victorian side had finished lower.

What’re Richmond going to do if they end up playing Hawthorn? Umpires might go all #freekickhawthorn and they won’t have a home ground advantage and Clarkson won’t be giving advice to Dimma before the big game! They just might lose.

One thing you have to give Kern credit for is not just sitting back and hope that improvement and a chance at a flag will just come. Rightly or wrongly he has been aggressive in his quest to improve the list.
Right idea. Poor execution. Plus his game plan is s**t

I started out watching the 2016 Grand Final barracking for the Dogs, like most other neutrals I guess. By half time it was so evident that they were “supposed” to win it was disgusting, and I then wanted the Swans to stick it up the lot of them.

Of course, the rest is history, but part of my love for he game died that day as I realised the game has a serious integrity problem.

We’re the bulldogs other finals marred by the cheating? I thought their games were pretty good to watch but the grand final was disgusting.
This was the infamous 1-17 year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back