2018 non-freo nonsense (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The media are feeding off the self flagellation going on inside Cricket Australia unfortunately and have decided to get in and land a few kicks as well while the game is on it's knees. The self same media said nothing while it was all going down the toilet and will be there leading the cheering when and if cricket ever regains any credibility. The media are lower than a snakes belly.
Test Cricket is an antiquated and fragile game in the modern era. It has traded on an idea of integrity and history. If the players and teams trash that then the media will always come at them.

Kind of bizarre and I don't mean to stalk you Arcassius but I had a dream last night and I have no context for anything but you were coming 1st or 2nd overall in AFL fantasy in 2019.

Perhaps a premonition?

Pretty good considering I've never played it in my life. But on the basis of being in your dreams, I'll go put a long odds bet on Vengeur Masque now

Test Cricket is an antiquated and fragile game in the modern era. It has traded on an idea of integrity and history. If the players and teams trash that then the media will always come at them.

I agree with all you say there Gav, Cricket Australia and the Players Association have lost sight of the fact cricket involves the cricket loving public as well and those two organisations are so focused on their drive to expand their $ side of the game that that is not always what the public wants.
The point I was trying to make is it's a shame the media couldn't have fulfilled a role as the canary down the coal mine rather than the pet dog barking after the burglar who has just walked out of the house with the family fortune.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other news the Saints missed out on another targeted player, Jordan Murdoch to that AFL powerhouse, the Gold Coast Suns :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back