Declan Carmody (Glenelg)
Kade Chandler (Norwood)
Oscar Chapman (North Adelaide)
Tate Coleman (South Adelaide)
Jacob Collins (Norwood)
Job Colwell (South Adelaide)
Tobin Cox (Glenelg)
Darcy Fort (Central District)
Martin Frederick (Woodville-West Torrens)
Nathan Kreuger (South Adelaide)
Tom Lewis (Sturt)
Mihail Lochowiak (Sturt)
Tyler Martin (Norwood)
Aaron Nietschke (Central District)
Matthew Nunn (Norwood)
Kai Pudney (Woodville West Torrens)
Isaac Saywell (Norwood)
Jake Tarca (South Adelaide)
Casey Voss (Sturt)
Callum Wilkie (North Adelaide)
Boyd Woodcock (North Adelaide)

Surprised with the omission of McAdam from Sturt. Apparently a bit of interest in him from clubs.

SA state combine list.
Finn Betterman (Glenelg)
Connor Bristow (Norwood)
Chris Burgess (West Adelaide)
Declan Carmody (Glenelg)
Kade Chandler (Norwood)
Oscar Chapman (North Adelaide)
Tate Coleman (South Adelaide)
Jacob Collins (Norwood)
Job Colwell (South Adelaide)
Tobin Cox (Glenelg)
Darcy Fort (Central District)
Martin Frederick (Woodville-West Torrens)
Nathan Kreuger (South Adelaide)
Tom Lewis (Sturt)
Mihail Lochowiak (Sturt)
Tyler Martin (Norwood)
Aaron Nietschke (Central District)
Matthew Nunn (Norwood)
Kai Pudney (Woodville West Torrens)
Isaac Saywell (Norwood)
Jake Tarca (South Adelaide)
Casey Voss (Sturt)
Callum Wilkie (North Adelaide)
Boyd Woodcock (North Adelaide)

Surprised with the omission of McAdam from Sturt. Apparently a bit of interest in him from clubs.
It wasn't an omission. He was invited to the national combine.

Such a long list shows how deep the SA draft pool goes this year. Could maybe find a couple of unlucky players, but it would be at a stretch.

We picked nearly all of the mature aged invites - Burgess, Kreuger, Nunn and Fort. Callum Wilkie is one I forgot about, but has had a super year at North Adelaide. Some may remember him as a somewhat undersized key forward from his draft year, now 22 he has been one of the best performed defenders in the SANFL with his rebounding. Around 190cm and 85kg, he's been named in the bests in 11 of his 16 games this year.

Such a long list shows how deep the SA draft pool goes this year. Could maybe find a couple of unlucky players, but it would be at a stretch.

We picked nearly all of the mature aged invites - Burgess, Kreuger, Nunn and Fort. Callum Wilkie is one I forgot about, but has had a super year at North Adelaide. Some may remember him as a somewhat undersized key forward from his draft year, now 22 he has been one of the best performed defenders in the SANFL with his rebounding. Around 190cm and 85kg, he's been named in the bests in 11 of his 16 games this year.

How has Krueger gone this year?

Chris, could you do a write about the SA state combine nominations. Hope I'm not pushing the relationship.

How many games does he play like that?
He moves like a quicker Hunter Clark.
High half forward midfielder?
I havent seen a heap of him.
To me has a bit of Charlie Curnow about him. Powerful, fast and able to play that forward/midfield role.
He has been invited to the state combine so he is still in the recuiters eyes.
One of the guys on our board thought he didnt interview well and had some attitude questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hately 22 disposals and 2 goals

Nietschke on debut with 23 and 1 goal
Both in the bests today in losing side, McLennan in the back lines didn’t have the impact he would have liked. In reserves North v Port Oscar Chapman was in the bests kicking 3.4 with 12 marks

I haven't forgotten about write ups for the state combine invites. But for now, some stats from the seniors on the weekend...

Nathan Kreuger - 9 touches, 4 marks, 2 goals
Hayden Sampson - 7 touches, 2 inside 50s
Shane McAdam - 10 touches, 2 marks, 1 goal
Hugo Munn - 5 touches, 2 marks, 1 goal
Aaron Nietschke - 23 touches, 4 marks, 1 goal
Jackson Hately - 22 touches, 9 marks, 2 goals
Darcy Fort - 13 touches, 4 marks, 18 hitouts
Jez McLennan - 9 touches, 2 marks, 4 tackles
Matthew Nunn - 31 touches, 14 marks, 1 goal

Outside of mature aged Nunn, Nietschke and Hately were the standouts. It was a split round, so not a lot of games being played.

How many games does he play like that?
He moves like a quicker Hunter Clark.
High half forward midfielder?

Purely a forward for me. Kreuger shapes as a second or probably third tall forward, around the CHF spot. Plays a bit like Harry Himmelberg from the Giants. Very good athletically, good leap and mark, flashes potential while drifting in and out of games a bit.

Chris, what range would you put Shane McAdam on in the draft? Obviously not a first round player. What round do you see him being drafted in?

I think Willie Rioli went in the 50s somewhere? Around that third round mark is what I'd expect with McAdam. Looks the best mature aged small/medium forward on offer this year. Wouldn't be quite as early as Liam Ryan or Bayley Fritsch.

Definitely no attitude issues with Kreuger. He's an excellent kid, but very timid and shy. I am not surprised he didn't interview well from that perspective, as he's an incredibly reserved and nervous guy. Very pleased that he's had a good 2018. He could have given up like Hourigan did a couple of seasons ago, but he has persisted well and has looked excellent.

SA Draft Combine - Part 1

The mature aged invites

Chris Burgess (193cm, 85kg from West Adelaide)
One of the good stories out of the SANFL this year, Burgess has developed from a club player given a try out at West Adelaide in 2015 to a genuine draft chance this year. The now 22 year old has primarily been a defender before swinging forward this year, to be averaging a goal a game. His hands are his strength, but he's got decent speed when the ball is on the ground too. I suppose there are some similarities to the McGovern's, but he'd be a second cousin at best.

Darcy Fort (205cm, 99kg from Central District)
Arguably the best ruck from the state leagues this year, there should be a few teams looking at him with a late pick. At 25 years of age, he offers immediate help and has definitely served his time in both the SANFL and VFL now. Pretty mobile for a 205cm ruckman, he's improved his game this year by becoming more of a threat in the air and in front of goals.

Matthew Nunn (181cm, 78kg from Norwood)
Still only 21, it feels like Nunn has been around for a long time - making his SANFL league debut in 2014. He's had a super consistent year this season as part of Norwood's unstoppable midfield, constantly racking up 30+ touches. I've got no doubt he could find a role in an AFL team as many before him have. Able to play inside and out, he went to the SA state combine in 2015 and ran a 2.89 second 20m sprint. Has leadership experience with junior sides too.

Callum Wilkie (191cm, 87kg from North Adelaide)
Full forward of the 2014 SA U18 side alongside Ryan Burton and Aaron Francis, Wilkie has been one the SANFLs best this year - only 3 players have been named in the bests more than him. A utility at North Adelaide, he shapes primarily as a defender at the next level but has spent time on a wing and in the middle this year. Has had many games of 20+ touches and 10+ marks. Recent Port debutant Jarrod Lienert is a similar player who has done well after finally getting his chance.

The 19 year olds

Oscar Chapman (187cm, 72kg from North Adelaide)
Considered a smokey last year after playing primarily school football, Chapman got his chance at the Championships this year and did okay with 4 goals from 3 games. He played as the third, sometimes fourth, tall forward - which is what he'll play at the next level. Still a rangy type with development to come, he's got long arms and can take a good mark on the lead. North have a pretty settled forward line, but you'd like to see him get a league debut in the lead up to the draft.

Tobin Cox (177cm, 78kg from Glenelg)
Had some injury issues last season, but has made the most of all his chances this year having played everything from league matches to reserves and at the U18 Championships for SA. He's a hard working small forward with the speed and ability to push up the ground, and has kicked 20 goals from 11 reserves games including a haul of 6 the other week. Quite a highly regarded junior, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get rookie listed.

Nathan Kreuger (196cm, 88kg from South Adelaide)
One of BigFooty's favourites last year, went undrafted for a few different reasons. Tom Lamb was one comparison I had, and I wonder if a few clubs were thinking along the same lines. But the good news is that Kreuger has genuinely looked like a KPF this year for South Adelaide. He hasn't set the world on fire with 17 goals from 10 games, but his performances are starting to match his potential. He's bulked up this year, but is as athletic as ever. I hope he gets a chance, he could be a very good roaming CHF type in a few years.

SA Draft Combine - Part 1

The mature aged invites

Chris Burgess (193cm, 85kg from West Adelaide)
One of the good stories out of the SANFL this year, Burgess has developed from a club player given a try out at West Adelaide in 2015 to a genuine draft chance this year. The now 22 year old has primarily been a defender before swinging forward this year, to be averaging a goal a game. His hands are his strength, but he's got decent speed when the ball is on the ground too. I suppose there are some similarities to the McGovern's, but he'd be a second cousin at best.

Darcy Fort (205cm, 99kg from Central District)
Arguably the best ruck from the state leagues this year, there should be a few teams looking at him with a late pick. At 25 years of age, he offers immediate help and has definitely served his time in both the SANFL and VFL now. Pretty mobile for a 205cm ruckman, he's improved his game this year by becoming more of a threat in the air and in front of goals.

Matthew Nunn (181cm, 78kg from Norwood)
Still only 21, it feels like Nunn has been around for a long time - making his SANFL league debut in 2014. He's had a super consistent year this season as part of Norwood's unstoppable midfield, constantly racking up 30+ touches. I've got no doubt he could find a role in an AFL team as many before him have. Able to play inside and out, he went to the SA state combine in 2015 and ran a 2.89 second 20m sprint. Has leadership experience with junior sides too.

Callum Wilkie (191cm, 87kg from North Adelaide)
Full forward of the 2014 SA U18 side alongside Ryan Burton and Aaron Francis, Wilkie has been one the SANFLs best this year - only 3 players have been named in the bests more than him. A utility at North Adelaide, he shapes primarily as a defender at the next level but has spent time on a wing and in the middle this year. Has had many games of 20+ touches and 10+ marks. Recent Port debutant Jarrod Lienert is a similar player who has done well after finally getting his chance.

The 19 year olds

Oscar Chapman (187cm, 72kg from North Adelaide)
Considered a smokey last year after playing primarily school football, Chapman got his chance at the Championships this year and did okay with 4 goals from 3 games. He played as the third, sometimes fourth, tall forward - which is what he'll play at the next level. Still a rangy type with development to come, he's got long arms and can take a good mark on the lead. North have a pretty settled forward line, but you'd like to see him get a league debut in the lead up to the draft.

Tobin Cox (177cm, 78kg from Glenelg)
Had some injury issues last season, but has made the most of all his chances this year having played everything from league matches to reserves and at the U18 Championships for SA. He's a hard working small forward with the speed and ability to push up the ground, and has kicked 20 goals from 11 reserves games including a haul of 6 the other week. Quite a highly regarded junior, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get rookie listed.

Nathan Kreuger (196cm, 88kg from South Adelaide)
One of BigFooty's favourites last year, went undrafted for a few different reasons. Tom Lamb was one comparison I had, and I wonder if a few clubs were thinking along the same lines. But the good news is that Kreuger has genuinely looked like a KPF this year for South Adelaide. He hasn't set the world on fire with 17 goals from 10 games, but his performances are starting to match his potential. He's bulked up this year, but is as athletic as ever. I hope he gets a chance, he could be a very good roaming CHF type in a few years.

Darcy Fort: Given that ruckmen generally take a few years to develop, I wouldn't waste my time drafting an U18 ruckman unless he has elite agility and can play forward. Now you get a player who has spent a few years developing his craft against men in a good comp. Seems like a real chance

Callum Wilkie: Has been enormous for North this year in the back line - intercept marking machine and good user. Had some injury issues around his 18th year. Deserves this chance.

Oscar Chapman: See the highlights someone has put together- kicked 5 goals in 3 games(2 v WA, 1 v Allies and 2 against Vic Metro in the final) and grew into the championships and had an impressive last game v Vic Metro
- has got some x factor.

Oscar Chapman: See the highlights someone has put together- kicked 5 goals in 3 games(2 v WA, 1 v Allies and 2 against Vic Metro in the final) and grew into the championships and had an impressive last game v Vic Metro - has got some x factor.

The Metro game was definitely his best. Tends to do everything at full speed and does have that x factor. Still so skinny, so will be very interesting to see how he develops physically over the next couple of years. Hopefully he doesn't lose that athleticism. Hasn't quite had the season I was hoping for, I came into the year as a big fan and was thinking he could push up into maybe the second round. I tend to think Ben Jarvis has gone past him in the pecking order, I'd still draft Chapman though.

Is there anywhere I can see stats for Lukosious, interested to see how many tackles he has per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back