2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was NOT 15m. It was 20m. Maybe. And it was 5degrees off centre.

McStay kicked 22 goals in 19 games [cf Squizzy who kicked 21 in 22 games- but then he's not a "Key Forward"].
ok 5 meters difference, sorry. Your right Squizzy is not a key forward. Still laughing and still annoyed at McStay's misses this season, great potential I just don't think we have the answers for him.

ok 5 meters difference, sorry. Your right Squizzy is not a key forward. Still laughing and still annoyed at McStay's misses this season, great potential I just don't think we have the answers for him.

For someone who is a great field kick, he is shocking in front of goal. It's all between the ears.

Just wanted to say how great it is to see how reasonable you guys are in valuing Neale and not having ridiculous over/under rating of players ie Carlton/Adelaide/Collingwood.

This is unfortunately sounding worse and worse for us everyday and it seems we are going to be in the shitter for the next 3+ years. Durability is often under-rated but Neale ha been almost a lock for 30 good touches a week with the occasional goal for the last 3-4 years and has always been an amazing clubman. If he's leaving, our off-field stuff must be dire.

The only brightside from our end is that Fagan/Noble know that you get deals done ala Hawthorn when it comes to bringing in elite talent so I'm confident we'll at least be fairly remunerated (probably overs given he's contracted).

Thanks for being reasonable, just dont mention Gaff on our board, still a bit raw that wound :)
When you have been in the S*#t for 11 years then come talk to us. In reality if a season ends with 'potential' we have it. If a season end with just the number of wins then we are still down the basement. Our greatest achievement this year might just be getting players like Neale to use us in improving their own contracts or, bless our little cotton socks, having players like Neale consider us.

For someone who is a great field kick, he is shocking in front of goal. It's all between the ears.
although his Efficiency number in disposals have been propped up from his time in the backline and effecting the switch but your right, it's between his ears. He has a great skill to take a pack mark coming in from the side, like Leo Barry, worth keeping for that reason but I grasping at straws to sweeten the Neale deal with Freo, no other teams.

Daniel Mcstay is still only 23, he is progressing nicely IMO, by 2020 I see him as a very similar player to Jack Darling who used to cop similar criticism not that long ago, Darling 26 now and really starting to become an elite forward.
Wasn't Roughead just as hopeless in front of goals for Hawthorn in his early years as a KPF?

It's a tricky one. Freo supporters are saying 100% it isn't happening, that he just wants a better deal with more money at Freo. Now the supporters probably have no idea, but i wouldn't discount Neale doing it for more money as it happens.
Smart move by him if it is to get better $$$ . But it looks like freo are in a downward spiral

Would prefer Roughy on a 2 + 2 deal.

By then Ballenden, Payne, Wooller etc be more mature bodies and ready to take over.

Would prefer Roughys 15 disposals and 2 goals a game and drawing a key defender and pinch hitting in the ruck than McStays 10 disposals a game and 0.7 goals a game and useless when on a real defender.

Yea but if we’re gunna get rid of him anyways why not throw him in. He’s from Perth and if he can get his body right you just never know

You realise Paparone is leading in our list of delisties why would freo want him as steak knives for a deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a tricky one. Freo supporters are saying 100% it isn't happening, that he just wants a better deal with more money at Freo. Now the supporters probably have no idea, but i wouldn't discount Neale doing it for more money as it happens.

He has a year to run on his contract and he's a restricted FA next year ....it would make little sense to use false interest from another club to sweeten a deal that is 12 months away if he wants to stay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a year to run on his contract and he's a restricted FA next year ....it would make little sense to use false interest from another club to sweeten a deal that is 12 months away if he wants to stay?

Exactly. Next season he is off contract and will have plenty of offers drumming up his price. Simply no reason for him to do that this off season. There is obviously genuine interest in a trade.

Yea but if we’re gunna get rid of him anyways why not throw him in. He’s from Perth and if he can get his body right you just never know
The issue is why would Fremantle want him?

Yeah, riding out your free agency year puts more pressure on your current club to cough up cash than anything else.

There isn’t really any good reason for Neale to be playing this game now to secure a better deal from Freo.

Yeah, riding out your free agency year puts more pressure on your current club to cough up cash than anything else.

There isn’t really any good reason for Neale to be playing this game now to secure a better deal from Freo.

Unless he wanted to bump up his price without having to go through a year of constant speculation and the extra spotlight attached with it.

It's the same as Freo offering us Danyle Peace in a trade. Zero interest. Not reasonable. We can't be throwing up names like Pap, as he simply wouldn't generate any interest. IMO the only chance Pap has of extending his career is possibly late in the rookie draft - even that's drawing a long bow.

Every hour that passes it looks more murky for the Dockers, if it were total rubbish he would have stomped on it yesteday. IMO its 50/50.. either he comes out having signed a new 5 year extention or he catagorically demands a Charlie Cameron (packed his bags) style trade to Brisbane and we will know by Monday Tuesday.. don't see this being week of speculation in the lead up to the trade deadline.

Every hour that passes it looks more murky for the Dockers, if it were total rubbish he would have stomped on it yesteday. IMO its 50/50.. either he comes out having signed a new 5 year extention or he catagorically demands a Charlie Cameron (packed his bags) style trade to Brisbane and we will know by Monday Tuesday.. don't see this being week of speculation in the lead up to the trade deadline.
I reckon both clubs already know his decision and it just hasn't come out to the media yet

Maybe Lachie Neale supposedly wanting to come to us is a lifestyle decision, after all Bissy is the place to be.
proxy.php

A bit of extra coin may help as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back