2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really a Catch 22 situation with our mature players. We need to keep them the help the development of our youngsters and to enable the side to be competitive each week. But they are also our most expendable assets, other than our fringe players who are unlikely to attract anything of value in a trade.

Dodongo also thinks we should trade Beams.

Dodongo realises there will be a huge hole without Beams if we can't get in a mature player to replace him but if you look at the situation and him not performing and how close we have been in games he has been quiet in, then it won't be the end of the world if we can't find a replacement.

No to trading Beams unless it's a request from him to move away after his Dad's passing. Would rather have a "down in output" Beams this year who gets to work through this troubled period and become a better leader for 2019 than not have him at all. The experience and wisdom he could share with any new draftee will be priceless compared to a draft pick.

I'd reckon that both Geelong and GWS would love to have Stef this year as its a clear weakness on their lists as they are pushing into finals. But at the same time I'm not sure he has a heap of value for a trade.

Think Wines and Gaff (FA) would be great gets for us. Would be very happy to see the club go after them. Hard to see them coming here with lots of competition from Melbourne clubs but we should be making an offer

Not to give it any more oxygen then it already needs but if Darcy Moore goes north to the Swans then that's another first round pick there. If Lynch goes to Collingwood then it'll be a straight swap in regards to KPP.

Not to give it any more oxygen then it already needs but if Darcy Moore goes north to the Swans then that's another first round pick there. If Lynch goes to Collingwood then it'll be a straight swap in regards to KPP.

Could Moore be part of a swap for Beams (if he chooses to go)?

30 is not the end....even if we got 3 years, they could be 3 vital years......it all depends on who the player is imo. In this case, Eddie would be worth the risk.

...having said that, I heard him on radio this arvo saying he will not be leaving the Crows, loves them, been decent to him etc..wants to finish as a Crow.

At times I’ve watched the Crows this season and thought Eddie’s cooked, but then once or twice he has shown what a gun he still is and thought otherwise.

That being the case, I’d err on the side caution and pass even in the unlikely event he left the Crows, which I doubt he would.

Wonder what it would take to get Tom Lynch(Adelaide).3rd rounder and McStay?

Eddie Betts? Rumours he wants to leave Adelaide, we have his best mate on our list. I know I'm dreaming but let me dream... Eddie would be huge. (Yes I know he's over 30, yes I know draft picks, just let me dream).

Wow... that would be a complete turnaround....It was reported when he signed a 3 year extension last year that he grew up barracking up for the Crows. and he was happy to finish his career playing for them...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be getting rid of Daniel McStay, IMO in a few years he will be Jack Darling like.

Agree.

McStay has enormous upside and Fages must see it to persist with him as a forward.

His errant goalkicking is as frustrating as all hell at the moment but I have great confidence that it's all going to click into gear for him sometime soon.

He needs that one breakout game to get his confidence up and then we'll see a new player entirely.

Come on Dan, I've stuck my neck out for you here.....Don't let me down!

Agree.

McStay has enormous upside and Fages must see it to persist with him as a forward.

His errant goalkicking is as frustrating as all hell at the moment but I have great confidence that it's all going to click into gear for him sometime soon.

He needs that one breakout game to get his confidence up and then we'll see a new player entirely.

Come on Dan, I've stuck my neck out for you here.....Don't let me down!

It's pretty clearly just a mental thing at the moment - he didn't have this issue when playing forward in 2014/15. I've found the goal kicking really frustrating like you and I think that is because you can see the talent and you just want him to put it together and have a breakout game.

Honestly he's been better than Hippy the last 4/5 weeks (Hawthorn game excluded) and I wouldn't be giving up on him. He needs consistent gametime in one position. I'd recommend people listen to him on the Roar Deal recently where he talked about where he sees his game - was really interesting.

I wouldn't be getting rid of Daniel McStay, IMO in a few years he will be Jack Darling like.
Have to disagree Dan McStay will never play like Jack Darling.Yes he can take a mark when he gets a clear jump but doesnt have good leading patterns or work hard enough to give repeat leads.Darlings big improvment has come on top of a great workrate is his ability to stand under the ball and out position his opponent.Just dont think this comes naturally to Dan.Regardless would like to get Lynch for his work rate and up and down running to be a link man for us.So would a third rounder plus a player be enough to get him.We could offer a reasonable value contract which seems to be one of his issues at the crows.

Definitely need to get rid of dead weight this year and a mature body and some speed wouldn’t be a bad thing either kind of like a Jarryd Lyons to Gold Coast player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to disagree Dan McStay will never play like Jack Darling.Yes he can take a mark when he gets a clear jump but doesnt have good leading patterns or work hard enough to give repeat leads.Darlings big improvment has come on top of a great workrate is his ability to stand under the ball and out position his opponent.Just dont think this comes naturally to Dan.Regardless would like to get Lynch for his work rate and up and down running to be a link man for us.So would a third rounder plus a player be enough to get him.We could offer a reasonable value contract which seems to be one of his issues at the crows.
I can see that type of potential in him in glimpses that are becoming more frequent, but yer we'll have to agree to disagree as they say. McStay is a couple of years younger than Darling and if you remember back a couple of years not many rated Darling, he was a bit of a whipping boy. No doubt we'll find out over the next few years.

Definitely need to get rid of dead weight this year and a mature body and some speed wouldn’t be a bad thing either kind of like a Jarryd Lyons to Gold Coast player.

Jarryd Lyons has been playing in the Magoos....contract up at the end of this year?

So, you reckon our NEAFL side could do with some injection of imported talent. Good call. I reckon the effort in the last few weeks has been deplorable and quite a few are skating on thin ice. Their NEAFL careers are on the line come end of season.

Dodongo is going to put forward a name that hasn't been discussed. Could we entice Wylie Buzza back home? Unless he's signed a contract extension, his contract is up at the end of the year. Can play Ruck/Forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back