List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't mind it to be honest. Have a bye round for all clubs half way instead of split over 3 rounds. Then use that 2 week period in some way (not that long) to have a trade period.
I also wouldn't be against the idea of clubs leaving 1 or 2 spots free over the offseason and then being able to fill those spots in this period. Whether it be vfl mature age players or kids that missed out.
Let's be honest the majority of fans love the trade period and draft and this will just add another element to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely hate it. Completely destroys the art of list management, and adding a new bloke to the list half-way through a year is a recipe for disaster.
I agree. It'll be a complete shamozle. I could just imagine a scenario where a player in a bottoming club leaves half way through the year because sydney are a lock to win a flag. Anarchy. The AFL and the media will love it as it = move publicity and air time etc.

No.no.no.no.noo!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gillion looking for his 'legacy' move now.

Slow down champ. I'm sure a whiteboard archived supplements program or office staff sex ring is just around the corner to keep you front and centre at the next press conference.
And how can we go skiing amongst irate supporters that realise their season is gone in July. Goldstein goes for a second rounder in next year's draft. Nothing else happens. Some vfl players fail without an afl pre- season and never get another chance again. Their teams are dominating their leagues and then their teams fall apart as their best players leave?

And how can we go skiing amongst irate supporters that realise their season is gone in July. Goldstein goes for a second rounder in next year's draft. Nothing else happens. Some vfl players fail without an afl pre- season and never get another chance again. Their teams are dominating their leagues and then their teams fall apart as their best players leave?
Yep

Am I the only one who has some doubts on Tom Lynch?

He'd be super expensive and while he can definitely play as a CHF, I'm just not convinced that he & BBB would gel together.

Having said that, part of my doubts do stem from his rather ordinary season in 2017, so it does depend on just how long he was playing with that injury.

Gillion looking for his 'legacy' move now.

Slow down champ. I'm sure a whiteboard archived supplements program or office staff sex ring is just around the corner to keep you front and centre at the next press conference.

I don't mind it - say if a top team lost their ruckman this year and thought they needed one to win the flag.
Teams would pay through the nose and it gives clubs some power back

I don't mind it - say if a top team lost their ruckman this year and thought they needed one to win the flag.
Teams would pay through the nose and it gives clubs some power back
Was thinking the same. You could get a club sitting top 4 who lose a key player and are willing to pay through the nose for a replacement. A club not in flag contention (ie North Melbourne) could cash in.

Problem would be getting players to agree to move clubs mid year. Clubs would need the power to trade players without permission.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hasn't really done much to justify his pre-draft hype yet. He was going to be the next Dusty according to a lot of the draft experts on here.
Has had a foot injury according to the article I posted above.

Venables, the Eagles’ top pick at last year’s national draft, endured an injury-interrupted first season in the AFL system and failed to break into the senior side, but looms as a potential star if he has a full pre-season under his belt.

I'd like all 3. Dalhaus is very dangerous around the goals and in the midfield too.

i would give my left nut to have dalhaus, a nearly A grader who does the donkey work very well. Is fast, agile, run, chase, tackle, yes please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back