List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well tick one for job well done. Now let's nab Hall for a cool 450k. When all the dust is settled, Gaff might fall our way when he sees that we have gotten the right players and the team is restructuring to get the best out of gaff.

errr got to be careful with SA news, i just came back from there in that it seems to me one of their channel is like pro adelaide and the other is pro port. Quite funny with their news when you constantly switch between the two and you take notice that on one channel if they have nothing good to report on the club of their pro bias, they would focus on the negatives of the crosstown rival and vice versa is applied. I wonder if the same is like this in WA, Qld and Sydney?
Pretty much sweet FA Aussie Rules on the box in Qld mate.

Polec has been ours for close to 8 weeks , gotta give the SA media props for continuing to push the false narrative that we have offered 700 -750k per year to make it seem to their members that we’ve overpaid for him when it’s their clubs list managers that have failed them by overpaying for blokes like Watts , Motlop and Rockliff .

As GBS said one domino down , over to you Gubby let’s bring this thing home .

Polecs played consistent games all year and suddenly he's worthless because of 'foot injuries' according to the media.

Ridiculous, he's been on the park more than some of our own this year.
No I think the media has a point. I think a future second rounder will get this done with Polec's injuries ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this, I like this a lot.

Port trying the "negatives about a player" shtick to justify him leaving to their supporters. They have no space in the cap because they're overpaying on spuds and have lost a pretty good player because of their ineptness. Love it. #lolporf

He's signed,sealed and delivered.

They're a not my cup of tea, but there's a famous Guns 'n' Roses tale. Basically the record exec from Geffen is at a club after their gig in 1985.

They're the hot ticket in town and labels are starting to circle. Few ANR sorts are hanging around having a pint, joking about who's going to sign them.

Out of nowhere, Axl jumps into the conversation and says to this blonde record rep, "Hey, we'll sign for you guys, 5k less than the competition, if you walk down Sunset Boulevard nude after work".

She laughs it off, but the Geffen rep starts sweating buckets.

He spends the next two weeks trying to get the deal over the line, confident he's the front runner and having really productive talks with the band and their agent.

Every night for two weeks before he signs them, he looks out his window on Sunset Boulevard for a naked blonde chick, only leaving for home once the sun sets.

I am that Geffen rep. I'm aware we're close with both of them, likely done with Polec, but boy I'm jumpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back