Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 2! (cont. in Part 3 - link in OP)

What are we going to do??

• 4 picks 21 and under? Back in Hamish!

Votes: 74 67.9%
  • Trade up! We’re getting Lukosius / Rankine / Rozee!!!

Votes: 35 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2, 3 and 6 for GC. **** me.
Given the strength of the draft, GC should have trade one of pick 2 or 3 for 3-4 multiple picks in the top 20, instead of picking up de-listed players from Richmond and Geelong to fill their list and hope to win 5-6 games next year. I think we would have done pick 13, 16 and 21 for pick 3 given we already have quality depth players.

While other clubs are excited their club is completing trades, were getting excited our club decide to show up.

We joke about this, but dead set I reckon there was a few trade periods under Craig where we didn’t bother even flying to Melbourne for trade week...

Given the strength of the draft, GC should have trade one of pick 2 or 3 for 3-4 multiple picks in the top 20, instead of picking up de-listed players from Richmond and Geelong to fill their list and hope to win 5-6 games next year. I think we would have done pick 13, 16 and 21 for pick 3 given we already have quality depth players.

We may still do. This is not over by a long stretch.

If we are after picks 2 or 3, why reveal that now?

The perfect Crows ambush would be once the Blues call out pick 1 and GCS take Pick 2, we come in and screw Port and offer picks for Pick 3.

Wow

We’ve known for a year that Gold Coast were likely to have these picks, so anything we do will be well planned, we have to back in whatever decision they make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was the Saints I would hold onto 4, if the Sun's take Max King at 2 or 3 then sell 4 to the highest bidder on the night between us and Port, makes sense for them.

The perfect Crows ambush would be once the Blues call out pick 1 and GCS take Pick 2, we come in and screw Port and offer picks for Pick 3.

Because Port are dumb and would beat our hand on the night. Where we could just take 3 now.

Not sure I see any live trading in the early rounds this year.

It will cost more on draft night I think. Would prefer to do it now and you can potentially throw players in. Not likely I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back