2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie Kemp

Plays like: Kyle Langford

:$
Haha, someone is cracking jokes there, surely!

I'm not even sure what that means? From a positional point of view rather than an ability perspective? Is it the way Langford would play, in a parallel universe where he isn't rubbish? Is it a cryptic comment on the impact both players will have next year? Zero ... with Kemp due to injury, and Langford due magic not being real so he won't suddenly become un-s**t.

Not at all, take Green at 5 and they have a season to work out who goes from the NEAFL talent they have tucked away. They can trade up again into the first round.
Bidding on green at 5 with no first rounder next year.
Basically uses up all there draft picks for 2 years. Thats what i meant.
They don't have alot of points

Bidding on green at 5 with no first rounder next year.
Basically uses up all there draft picks for 2 years. Thats what i meant.
They don't have alot of points
Have you seen the latest phantom draft from champion data, green rated 2nd pick, would GC take the plunge? will GWS need to match a bid, pretty sure they will, just when is the thing.

Have you seen the latest phantom draft from champion data, green rated 2nd pick, would GC take the plunge? will GWS need to match a bid, pretty sure they will, just when is the thing.
I would love for gc to take the plunge and i think they should.
Yep gws would have to match.

We're genuine twats if we take a ruckman at 3.

Only way I see is brining a Western Australian ruckman over with pick 3, is if we actually think he is going to be a power forward.

I don’t see it happening and reckon we’ll bid on Greene then take Young after GWS match he bid.

Whoever falls to 8 that’s highest in our board will Ben next but I can’t guess who it’s going to be.

Ahhh poor Toump. He was pencilled in for #2 in the draft for ages. Had been playing SANFL seniors for two full years and looked every bit a future gun. Then his hips gave way. He 'slipped' to 4 and we rightly took him as it looked a steal. But if you look back at that draft he gets a bad rap.
He gets a bad rap because he shat his pants all the time, was slow, was traded home for peanuts and couldn't get a game, and the next three picks were McRae, Stringer and Wines. The only person who gets a bad rap for that trade is Melbourne because they completely botched it.

It'll be Jackson at 3 and then Young or Ash at 8 it seems. Young and Jackson really would be the ideal pairing but I don't think that's going to happen anymore.
Cannot see Young being there at 8, Ash probably gone as well, Serong could slide enough for pick 8 but Jackson? Are we that sure he is the next Messiah?

Yeah the Toump wasn't helped by the hip injuries but the main flaw is his game was complete lack of awareness/composure, not lack of mobility.

Can't think of a player at AFL level more terrified when in posession.
Cale Morton?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cale Morton?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
I still reckon Morton gets a bad wrap on that front. It mostly stems from that Lade incident, but I've always thought it was clear that Morton was just running off to provide an option, rather than running away from Lade ... not that he was a particularly brave ... or even good player ... but that moment in particular gets over blown.

I think we will bid on Green if he's the highest rated player on our board at 3. Fair chance he is rated there. In fact Jason Taylor more or less confirmed this on that recent podcast that this will be our approach. Nothing to do with being s**t blokes at GWS expense and more common sense than anything.

Not sold on Jackson at 3 (8 is more palatable). Hopefully it's smoke and mirrors by the club because for every Grundy who slips there's plenty of plodders taken top 5 because they were tall/strong/agile for their age. Looks a good player, but not really what we need and the jump to AFL could find him out.
Also, given the propensity of injuries around due to off-season basketball games the less interest in hoops the better.
Young/Ash/Serong all look pretty good for our needs/their quality.

for every Grundy who slips there's plenty of plodders taken top 5 because they were tall/strong/agile for their age
Do you have any examples? The only rucks taken top 5 this century are Leuenberger, Kreuzer and Naitanui.

Last edited:
I still reckon Morton gets a bad wrap on that front. It mostly stems from that Lade incident, but I've always thought it was clear that Morton was just running off to provide an option, rather than running away from Lade ... not that he was a particularly brave ... or even good player ... but that moment in particular gets over blown.
Also for a season Morton actually looked like he would be a bloody good player.

Also for a season Morton actually looked like he would be a bloody good player.
Was quite good to watch at times. Wasn't lacking in class, but a massive victim of a) our utter lack of development and b) our game plan going to s**t between 2010 and 2011.

Was quite good to watch at times. Wasn't lacking in class, but a massive victim of a) our utter lack of development and b) our game plan going to s**t between 2010 and 2011.
I reckon of all the players that came through us and had their careers ruined he might have been the most talented.

So we've got TK/NG willing to perform live genital mutilation on stream Sponsored by Durex(c)(tm) and now rhaz is on suicide watch Sponsored by Lifeline if we draft Wacko Jacko. Anybody else on the Excessive Masochism Express?

I’ll live stream myself watching Waterworld starring Kevin Kostner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back