Unofficial Preview 2019 AFL Grand Final: Carlton v Adelaide: Banter Thread: Carlton Supporters Welcome...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ladder predictor was useful for you guys this weekend was it?
The best was that Crow Till I Die bloke who consistently told us the crows had to beat us because they had a significanly better percentage than us.

There is definitely something in the water over there. Have you tasted their beer?

Honestly I feel for the poor bloke you draft. Be it 2, 3 or 5. The entire future of A F C will be riding on the kid. Think Jack Watts x 10.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Could be worse... end up at a perennial wooden spoon club.

The best was that Crow Till I Die bloke who consistently told us the crows had to beat us because they had a significanly better percentage than us.

There is definitely something in the water over there. Have you tasted their beer?

west end tastes like beer flavoured cordial which has too much water in it.

must cause rampant confirmation bias amongst their supporter base

Yep sorry but exactly this. We have talented kids across the park all rising. You will have one shiny kid expected to change the world. Crushing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have been hearing about your talented kids for over a decade now.

Congratulations for winning the under 23 premiership yet again.

Pity no one cares... ;)

It was countering the claim that you'll most likely finish 15th when realistically you'll most likely finish16th.
Its not rocket science that the a higher ranked team will most likely beat a lower ranked team especially when they are 10-12 places higher.

O'Brien hasn't develop as much in his 2nd year as you would hope, he is still lightly frame and supposedly was drafted as an elite left footer (similarly Dow was drafted as good kicks) but they can't replicate this in the AFL unlike under 18s, I think he will be delisted in a few years (and that Pick 10 from the Gibbs trade was in a weak draft anyway, which is similar to this year so hardly a surprise if he does).
Plowman will be gone as well and there is no way Philips will play if Kreuzer is fit, he will be dropped for him next week.
Come on mate. You were fighting an admirable fight (despite losing) and then going and spoiling it all by making a terrible judgement call on O'Brien who you clearly haven't watched much of. Name one second year player in your team that is going as well?

Not what I heard, most say it's not deep, top end still good like any other years with 2 stand-out in Rowell and Anderson (who would've challenge Walsh for Pick 1 last year), next 2-3 players are still quality, then big drop in quality after that and then it's even.
What did you say at the start of the year, that Melbourne would be bottom 2???

Not what you have heard? From who, Cal Twomey? Again that just reiterates that you probably watch next to no junior football. While it maybe a little late, sit down and at least what replays of full games and form your own opinion. The likes of Anderson (who I rate as a clear standout this year) and Rowell (who I don't have in my top 6 currently) would struggle to be rated in the top 10 of last year's draft. Walsh was so far ahead of this two it is laughable as a comparison and I don't rate Walsh in the top 5 long term

Even a guy like Smith had considerably more impact than Anderson and Rowell, which he has continued to show in his first season. I will say again, this draft is similar to 2016, where there are strong selections throughout the first round

No, I didn't have the Demons in the bottom 2, probably like everyone else, but it does strengthen what I posted at the start of the season. At least a 1/3 of sides don't finish close to their predicted ladder position, which strangely enough seems to be repeating this year, just like every other year. Take a look below

And this back in January this year, yet you say the first 4-5 games is too early to make a prediction. That's the number of wins you lot predicted, most have missed the mark (including some of our own)

About the ladder 4-5 games into the season? I didn't read any of those post, what did they say?

See above

can somebody please tell Kane McGoodwin if he's put me on ignore since the game ended then as predicted the burn of being wrong so consistently is too much for him to bare.

Stalked just about every post I put up for over a year and with his uninvited arrogant opinion now cant even front up to answer a simple question: who has a better list going forward, Carlton or crows?

You can but it is certainly not fantasy to say you have a bloody tough end to the season.

Never said it was an easy 4 weeks, but on current form surely you would consider as a chance in some if not all games, despite who the opposition. But over the last month you have predicted us to lose and predicted that there was a strong possibility sides around us would win more games, like the Demons beating WC in Darwin.

Perhaps stop basing your analysis/predictions on hope, rather than realism and logic

Why not? The equivalent 1st rounder might be consider better than the actual 1st rounder. Wouldn't you prefer Pick 21 in last year's 2018 strong draft than Pick 16 in the 2017 weak draft? I would.
So what you are telling us now that an equivalent to a 1st rounder that you keep telling us about is in fact not a first rounder?

Maybe we can now call an early second round pick a Crow first rounder - or a delusional first rounder?

Not what you have heard? From who, Cal Twomey? Again that just reiterates that you probably watch next to no junior football. While it maybe a little late, sit down and at least what replays of full games and form your own opinion. The likes of Anderson (who I rate as a clear standout this year) and Rowell (who I don't have in my top 6 currently) would struggle to be rated in the top 10 of last year's draft. Walsh was so far ahead of this two it is laughable as a comparison and I don't rate Walsh in the top 5 long term

Even a guy like Smith had considerably more impact than Anderson and Rowell, which he has continued to show in his first season. I will say again, this draft is similar to 2016, where there are strong selections throughout the first round

No, I didn't have the Demons in the bottom 2, probably like everyone else, but it does strengthen what I posted at the start of the season. At least a 1/3 of sides don't finish close to their predicted ladder position, which strangely enough seems to be repeating this year, just like every other year. Take a look below

And this back in January this year, yet you say the first 4-5 games is too early to make a prediction. That's the number of wins you lot predicted, most have missed the mark (including some of our own)

View attachment 717136

See above
All about opinions....like yours, mine and Montagna's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what you are telling us now that an equivalent to a 1st rounder that you keep telling us about is in fact not a first rounder?

Maybe we can now call an early second round pick a Crow first rounder - or a delusional first rounder?
Late 1st rounder is equivalent to an early 2nd rounder, I was told I should use the "equivalent" to the posters that lack football knowledge......

View attachment 717136

See above

Agree with this, when you consider that Smith is only a couple of months older than Anderson, its clear he would have been a stand out in this draft if he was born a few weeks later.

All about opinions....like yours, mine and Montagna's.

Maybe you should read the article, Montagna isn't suggesting it, he states some recruiters do. We all know they never have bust and pick the best player available at each pick, don't we? ;)

Never said it was an easy 4 weeks, but on current form surely you would consider as a chance in some if not all games, despite who the opposition. But over the last month you have predicted us to lose and predicted that there was a strong possibility sides around us would win more games, like the Demons beating WC in Darwin.

Perhaps stop basing your analysis/predictions on hope, rather than realism and logic
The demons came bloody close to winning against wce..just fell short so you can't say it was a ridiculous call. Lets see where things are in 4 rounds time as i and probably most non carlton supporters would expect carlton will have an uphill battle to get wins in their last 4 games because the quality of opposition is very good

Maybe you should read the article, Montagna isn't suggesting it, he states some recruiters do. We all know they never have bust and pick the best player available at each pick, don't we? ;)
That's my point, some recruiters has said it (and it's where I got my information from) and I think there was a separate statement by Montagna that he also agreed.

The demons came bloody close to winning against wce..just fell short so you can't say it was a ridiculous call. Lets see where things are in 4 rounds time as i and probably most non carlton supporters would expect carlton will have an uphill battle to get wins in their last 4 games because the quality of opposition is very good

Like they expected us to finish last or bottom 2? Or win 7 of our last 7?

You do realise how and why bookies frame markets, don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back