2019 Assistant Coaches Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schulz was a very talented - and tough - footballer, but by all reports not an overly bright guy and not suited to coaching.

Often the people with great natural talent and instincts don't make good teachers/coaches as they've never had to think and struggle their way to where they got. Hence why so many coaches are defenders who lacked the brilliance to play up forward or in the mids.

Ooh. Ouch. Hope Rance is reading this.

Schulz not suited to coaching and had his modeling career ruined by all the hard knocks he took. Hope he invested his player payments wisely :mask:

Ooh. Ouch. Hope Rance is reading this.

Schulz not suited to coaching and had his modeling career ruined by all the hard knocks he took. Hope he invested his player payments wisely :mask:

Schulzy is now teaching girls to kickiddy football longery and straightery.

Which you only know because of seeing his results as a coach.

You said Schulz wasn't suited to coaching. If someone has dedicated some time outside of the AFL system to teach people one on one, then they must have some sort of inclination towards coaching. It has nothing to do with his worth as a player or his ability to run a business.

I don't really have a dog in this fight as I have basically zero personal insight into what Schulz is like, but there are very different skills involved in being a line coach responsible for your component of the overall system and being an individual mentor passing on your technical expertise.

From what I understand Schulz's current coaching endeavours and previous experience are all centred around the latter.

Listening to Nathan Bassett on 5aa makes me realise why we are in the position we are in. He and Ken and their one ruck philosophy is killing our performances results and ultimately our club. Until they are both gone we will be nothing.

Ah thanks I had a listen to the latter part when I realised that was the case. A refreshing change. To think that soon KG will be in that position. o_O:thumbsdown:

Only in Adelaide. Madness.

Only in Adelaide. Madness.

It is disturbingly crazy KG is back but with a population nearing ancient with minimal population growth it doesn’t surprise he’s still in vogue!

Nathan Bassett said that he didn't know yet what his role would be in the new coaching structure. So there may have been some jumping the gun among media assigning roles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back