Preview 2019 Best and Fairest thread - Starts 7.30pm tonight 4th October

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit

Boak - 52%
Houston - 50%

These two were clear standouts - I forgot how good Houston was when he was playing in defence. To give you an idea of how good these two are travelling - Patrick Ryder won the 2017 best and fairest with 42% of the possible votes they could get. But they've still got a way to go to match Robbie Gray's 63% in 2014.

Pass

Byrne-Jones - 36%
Rockliff - 36%
Clurey - 35%
Rozee - 33%
Burton - 30%
Duursma - 30%

These are about right too.

Fail

Powell-Pepper - 29%
Lycett - 26%
Everyone else not listed who played every game - less than 26% of the possible votes.

What's really interesting is the fact that Monty obviously liked his defence - Houston, Byrne-Jones, Clurey, Burton all in the top ten.

Schofield liked Boak and Rocky's work. Lycett and Powell-Pepper showed glimpses.

Bassett didn't like his forwards at all - only Rozee is in the top ten.

When Jonas said "I can't wait to line up on you Billy" I thought in my head "In an SANFL Showdown?"

More because Jonas knows he'd take Frampton to the cleaners even at 30 years old.

Kristian de Pasquale won the A. R. McLean medal in 2004? I've honestly never heard of him.

Played 100 games for the club. Gun midfield/half back, tough as nails, good skills, good leader. Was a star in the VFL for Coburg before coming here.

A Friday night, Elizabeth Oval, an injured DePasquale in the stands...Cue one of the best lines I've ever heard come out of someone's mouth while at the footy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Billy won't be there, he'll make their AFL side. Not sure if thay says more about the Crows or Jonas....

Nah. Big Tecks will be an automatic selection no matter how bog average he is, and as much as we like to shitcan him on this board (and not without reason) Fogarty is a better player than Frampton.

You wouldn't want to be a defender if both Fog and Frampton were getting a game for them. Not because it'd be a particularly difficult matchup, just because you'd know you're probably going home with sore ribs or a sore jaw from a cheap shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Koch reckons Ken has been harshly judged and needs to be applauded and we're not seeing the bigger picture of him sacrificing his own personal performance in order to reset and build the platform for the future. I must have imagined all those games pumped into Sutcliffe, S. Gray, Ryder, Westhoff, Broadbent et. al.
A contradiction to making finals as a pass mark.

How are Rockliff and Jonas so high? Proves how s**t our season was.

Not sure about Jonas, but Rockliff was one of our best in the 1st 3rd of the year, was right with Boak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back