List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure we will be but you don’t just stop if they say no and maybe you can get both. If we only go top end we may end up with no one

I would prefer nothing rather than injured players or anything below best 5 on our list types. I just don't see what the point is in more B graders. Not saying Jones is that by the way. He's probably hovering in the edge.

I am not sure if the story of Jones is true or not? If it is true then how did media got the sniff of it?

Also, it is too early in the season for this kind of talk.

I am not sure if the story of Jones is true or not? If it is true then how did media got the sniff of it?

Also, it is too early in the season for this kind of talk.

Journo1: Saints will be looking for a midfielder for sure this coming draft.
Journo2: Zac Jones type maybe, and hes out of contract.

Headline: Saints keen to draft Zac Jones.

They know nothing.

Mid season rookie draft article on the afl site has gone early

Mid-season availabilities: Nil
What they need: An outside midfielder
Filled to March 15: Jonathon Marsh (Jack Bytel, back), Sam Rowe (Dylan Roberton's retirement)
Whats the point of this article? At this point most teams have zero availability to use the draft.

Journo1: Saints will be looking for a midfielder for sure this coming draft.
Journo2: Zac Jones type maybe, and hes out of contract.

Headline: Saints keen to draft Zac Jones.

They know nothing.
They know what Zac Jones' manager lets slip.

Brian Speaking was all over De Goey before his draft year and in his draft year. Sadly Trout got spooked by the Bulldogs paying Boyd $7 million.

We should have just taken the fat half forward flanker and let him work his magic with Beau Maister and Tommy Lee in the post Roo era :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Zac Jones is a good target for the club to investigate... now that he's actually getting midfield minutes as dad's army are transitioned out he's improving his numbers and disposal. His trade cost could be prohibitive though.

I love Luke Parker but I'd be very hesitant to take him on (he looks more banged up than Henners did last year).

I'm definitely on board with the get Hopper collective.

What is worth keeping track of is the impending negotiations between the Filth and Brodie Grundy. Crows are coming with massive coin & the Pies will need to stump up some serious dollars... there may be a few fringe players short changed as a result. I know I posted that Brayden Sier is expected to re-sign soon but if the Grundy dealings stretch out through the season then it's likely a few other players will have their deals put on hold.

Gaff: one year, an overhyped seagull. Not what we need. Next year, throw everything to get Gaff.

I wanted Gaff by the way. I thought he would be ideal, funny enough Billings is playing the role probably at a similar level. I would be seeing how quickly we can get Jack on a 5 year contract instead right now. Gone from a slightly above average high half forward to gun outside mid in 3 months. Should be getting a massive pay rise. Probably along side Gresh our most important player to lock away.

I think Zac Jones is a good target for the club to investigate... now that he's actually getting midfield minutes as dad's army are transitioned out he's improving his numbers and disposal. His trade cost could be prohibitive though.

I love Luke Parker but I'd be very hesitant to take him on (he looks more banged up than Henners did last year).

I'm definitely on board with the get Hopper collective.

What is worth keeping track of is the impending negotiations between the Filth and Brodie Grundy. Crows are coming with massive coin & the Pies will need to stump up some serious dollars... there may be a few fringe players short changed as a result. I know I posted that Brayden Sier is expected to re-sign soon but if the Grundy dealings stretch out through the season then it's likely a few other players will have their deals put on hold.

I know how good Grundy and Gawn are but I would never spend huge dollars on a ruckman. I'd rather a gun mid for the money. Marshall will do me fine.

I wanted Gaff by the way. I thought he would be ideal, funny enough Billings is playing the role probably at a similar level. I would be seeing how quickly we can get Jack on a 5 year contract instead right now. Gone from a slightly above average high half forward to gun outside mid in 3 months. Should be getting a massive pay rise. Probably along side Gresh our most important player to lock away.
Imagine if we added Jones how good we would be then...

Hopefully we only give up this years and next years first for him.

I would prefer nothing rather than injured players or anything below best 5 on our list types. I just don't see what the point is in more B graders. Not saying Jones is that by the way. He's probably hovering in the edge.
You didn’t want Whitfield because you thought he was no good. Jones is still improving. It’s not like a hanners or Kent. So you wouldn’t like someone 7th on our list. Find that weird. Agree after about 15 but top 10 really improves your list. That’s 12 better than your 22 player. Gringo it’s obvious after reading you for years you want the perfect player. I doubt our club will get that

Brian Speaking was all over De Goey before his draft year and in his draft year. Sadly Trout got spooked by the Bulldogs paying Boyd $7 million.

Third person in yourself. Amazing. You may have been all over him but to blame trout for not taking him is madness. He went about where most thought

You didn’t want Whitfield because you thought he was no good. Jones is still improving. It’s not like a hanners or Kent. So you wouldn’t like someone 7th on our list. Find that weird. Agree after about 15 but top 10 really improves your list. That’s 12 better than your 22 player. Gringo it’s obvious after reading you for years you want the perfect player. I doubt our club will get that

Not till we’re top 4 anyway.

On another note, we’re getting a lot of positive coverage on the radio today. Makes a nice change.

Mid season rookie draft article on the afl site has gone early

Mid-season availabilities: Nil
What they need: An outside midfielder
Filled to March 15: Jonathon Marsh (Jack Bytel, back), Sam Rowe (Dylan Roberton's retirement)

Very early draft not until after round 10, Monday May 27, still ……. it's unknown how Logan Austin will recover from surgery so we could have a spot open there, always a chnce of further injuries and Stuv an unknown, we could have a spot open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back