• A - really great

• B - pretty good

• C - okay

• D - could have been better

• E - could have been a lot better

• F - terrible!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Helps our SANFL side. Keays is a good pick, reinvented himself as a forward this year so might get some AFL game time if injuries arise

From looking up stuff about Crocker, sounds like he's a good VFL player but not an AFL player. Ah well, decent depth at least

Once we picked Gollant in the ND you knew our list had reached it's end. Still think it was a failure not to spend a bit more to get another decent pick after Schoenberg.

These guys are SANFL depth when we had no other youngsters we rated, when you consider it that way it's acceptable.

But in reality, for all our departures, we have selected only 4 blokes (one speculative) with any chance of a decent AFL career.

So no ruck prospects. We are going in with OBrien and Frampton, and Rookie Strachan, with Butts and Berg next tallest at 198cm.
Mid season draft I'd say.

Let these guys learn their craft rather than sit behind a mature age recruit in a forward pocket all season.

Once we picked Gollant in the ND you knew our list had reached it's end. Still think it was a failure not to spend a bit more to get another decent pick after Schoenberg.

These guys are SANFL depth when we had no other youngsters we rated, when you consider it that way it's acceptable.

But in reality, for all our departures, we have selected only 4 blokes (one speculative) with any chance of a decent AFL career.

You could see from the way clubs started picking after about #40 that this draft has no depth at all. 65 picks is about 10-15 short of most drafts, lower than average amount of new picks at the rookie draft (14) and apparently 15 guys invited to the Combine (with at least 5 clubs interested) didn't get drafted at all

You could see from the way clubs started picking after about #40 that this draft has no depth at all. 65 picks is about 10-15 short of most drafts, lower than average amount of new picks at the rookie draft (14) and apparently 15 guys invited to the Combine (with at least 5 clubs interested) didn't get drafted at all
Makes the Keath trade even more questionable.

Does it? We got a 2020 2nd for him, maybe it made sense to get out of this draft after the 20s?
We gave up a 2020 third rounder, which given the relative chances of both teams won’t be much difference.

We received a pick in the 40s this year which by all accounts is a poor pick.

We should have called their bluff and let him walk, they gave up bugger all anyway.

Feel a bit for Matthews, im sure he's the train on player we'll look at.
Keays was a good pick, he could easily play Murphys role right now.
Unsure on Crocker but we do need SANFL depth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe we already have some of the Line breakers at the club. anyway, the player they replaced were not line breakers,
I have no problem with the 2 guys we took but both have been playing as medium forwards so hopefully Keays will go back to playing more midfield than forward.

We gave up a 2020 third rounder, which given the relative chances of both teams won’t be much difference.

We received a pick in the 40s this year which by all accounts is a poor pick.

We should have called their bluff and let him walk, they gave up bugger all anyway.
That Pick swap is worth about 300 pts. which will be close to Borliase or Newchurch price.
Anyway, this year's Draft has Shown the value of having a good selection of Pick in a NGA/FA situation.
And its way to early to call Gollant is a poor pick,

That Pick swap is worth about 300 pts. which will be close to Borliase or Newchurch price.
Anyway, this year's Draft has Shown the value of having a good selection of Pick in a NGA/FA situation.
And its way to early to call Gollant is a poor pick,
I’d like to see your maths on 300 points and how that equates to those players.

I’m not calling Gollant a poor player, I said he should have been a rookie pick, but I obviously wish he makes it. My poor pick comment was the justification some have used that a pick in the 40s this year is a poor pick.

Get ready for some hilarious "plays like" comparisons for our draft picks, thanks to Champion Data

Fisher McAsey plays like Callum Mills and Matt Dea

Harry Schoenberg plays like Ed Curnow

and best of all, Josh Worrell plays like Jarman Impey, Jordan Dawson, Bailey Fritsch and Jack Crisp

They even clarify this means "style" and not "quality". Yes, I'm sure our 197cm key position player Fisher McAsey has a similar style to 189cm half back Callum Mills

I’d like to see your maths on 300 points and how that equates to those players.

I’m not calling Gollant a poor player, I said he should have been a rookie pick, but I obviously wish he makes it. My poor pick comment was the justification some have used that a pick in the 40s this year is a poor pick.
Dogs finish 6th = 2nd rd = 606 pts, Crows finish around the 8 = 3rd rd = around 300 pts leaves us with around 300pts.
Borliase and Newchurch at this time are looking like late 2nd rd picks.

As for Gollant Hamish team picked him with Pick 45, maybe he heard that GWS were keen, and they had latter picks. and he may not last to the rookie spot,
After all we are talking about a 191cm plus outside player who can play Forward and Back, take a good mark. and Has a Football mindset.

Dogs finish 6th = 2nd rd = 606 pts, Crows finish around the 8 = 3rd rd = around 300 pts leaves us with around 300pts.
Borliase and Newchurch at this time are looking like late 2nd rd picks.

As for Gollant Hamish team picked him with Pick 45, maybe he heard that GWS were keen, and they had latter picks. and he may not last to the rookie spot,
After all we are talking about a 191cm plus outside player who can play Forward and Back, take a good mark. and Has a Football mindset.
What if we finish 12th?

Hamish said last night we picked him because once he played next year his price would have increased, hence we could have rookied him

What if we finish 12th?

Hamish said last night we picked him because once he played next year his price would have increased, hence we could have rookied him
What if the Dogs finishes 8th, What if we finish higher lots of what-ifs. you do understand it all speculation
But to answer your question if we finish 12 that 3rd rd is worth 378 pts. base on the dogs finishing 6th that mean we gain an extra 228pts plus whatever discount
End of the day the difference between the picks will be more than 200 pts. with a possibility of being much higher when you add in all the what-ifs. And with 3 possible FA and NGA on the radar, we will need every point available.
As for rookie him then who would you have select for that pick. and what if he was the kid we have been watching all year along with GWS who still had 2 selections. Watch the Kid next year and Judge for self, Don't jump the gun too early.

Keays and Crocker seem more like Port Power selections
Yeah was going to say, a very un-Crows-like rookie draft, these guys are like the token DFAs Port picks up annually

Not gonna write them off though, both have time on their side at 22yo but are developed enough to make a good impact for our SANFL side

Back