List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps would be an absolute coup but would never happen but if it did i would offer the Blues something along the lines of a 2nd and 3rd rounder, hope they appreciate the s***house unders offer. hahahaha
Let Martin go,

Come 2020 offer 1.5million a year for 6 years to patty cripps

Out of contract at 2021**

Karmas a bitch

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh totally understand right now you need to hit that 95% floor. I was more referring to down the line in the next year or two when players contracts are up, they may look at what Martin's reportedly on compared to his output and they may want a bigger slice of the pie than they were originally going to ask for where you might start seeing a squeeze, however who knows, I honestly know very little about Carlton's wage structure.

It would be a good problem to have tbh - right now I'd say only Cripps Weitering and Walsh are over delivering and SOS is a tight arse - also add the fact that Simpson/Murphy/Kreuzer/Casboult and Ed Curnow will all be gone retired in 2 - 3 years...that is a few players to be found replaced or developed...and more cap to be filled...etc..

just saw that phantom draft having us picking will gould. haven't seen any highlights, but we desperately need another young key defender to develop through the ranks. fingers crossed he's a target for us, or generally some kpp/ruck prospects.

15. Gold Coast: Will Gould (SA)
Height, Weight:
191cm/98kg
Profile: Strong bodied defender with the performances on the board at SANFL League level including a premiership for Glenelg. Gould throws his weight around, plays an aggressive style of game and is a penetrating kick.

Does this just read exactly like Steven May to you?

Apparently weighed in at the combine at 106kg though.. conjecture about whether this is possible.

Will Gould @ 15 if he slides after combine results
, Will Day or Trent Rivers @ 20

Think we need to increase our talent in the back half.
Developing midfield, talented forward line, back half of battlers at present.

I think we should redraft him, not because I want him but for the stand, see it through and the message is massive.

Question with the trading of draft picks is this also true of PSD picks, if so we could trade it to another Melbourne club just for the lols
PSD picks are not tradeable as far as I know. Interesting situation you have there with Martin. Given the stance GC has made you would think your management are open to keeping him. But if you do take him in the PSD you need to give him a 2 year contract. If he seriously wants out I don't think you would want him sitting on you list for 2 years being a disruptive influence. Best case scenario I see for GC is he agrees to sign for 12 months and puts his head down and lets his performances do the talking, then leaves as a RFA getting you guys a high compensation pick.

What's his mood? If he was just unsettled you'd think he'd want to go back to WA. It seems like he is mesmerized by the big lights of Melbourne.

I’m over the whole Jack Martin situation to the point I don’t care anymore.

It seems like this thread has become a boring let’s have our two cents worth about him from opposition supporters.

Back to the real stuff, am I the only one who sees merit in drafting Luke Jackson if he is available?

It seems like this thread has become a boring let’s have our two cents worth about him from opposition supporters.

Back to the real stuff, am I the only one who sees merit in drafting Luke Jackson if he is available?

First Rd Ruckman are busts!

Unless you speak to Gorringe.

He is God’s gift to the world

I don't see the point getting another ruck when we have Witts and Smith, better off getting a young mid and then taking ruck in the rookie draft

I don't see the point getting another ruck when we have Witts and Smith, better off getting a young mid and then taking ruck in the rookie draft

Smith is 30 and there is no depth.

Crossley is likely to be out for a while and then there is just a pinch hitters Day and Wright.

There is a need and there is nothing in the rookie drafts

I just look at our list and for me the big issues are:

Key Defender depth and a Ruck.

If we can get those then the other issues we have in the midfield we can chase at further drafts as there more common

PSD picks are not tradeable as far as I know. Interesting situation you have there with Martin. Given the stance GC has made you would think your management are open to keeping him. But if you do take him in the PSD you need to give him a 2 year contract. If he seriously wants out I don't think you would want him sitting on you list for 2 years being a disruptive influence. Best case scenario I see for GC is he agrees to sign for 12 months and puts his head down and lets his performances do the talking, then leaves as a RFA getting you guys a high compensation pick.

What's his mood? If he was just unsettled you'd think he'd want to go back to WA. It seems like he is mesmerized by the big lights of Melbourne.

Beginning of the year the talk was that Jack had sat down with the coaching staff and put his hand up for more responsibility / time in the midfield which they gave him. He had apparently put the alleged request to move to Essendon behind him and put in a big preseason. He then played well the first few rounds before the going got tough. From there his attitude again seems to have deteriorated to the level where this time he has requested a trade to Carlton. Bloke is not just a lazy footballer, he’s a lazy footballer mercenary looking for an easy big pay check. I don’t think it’s the destination that is important, he just wants an easy ticket.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the end I think the Club just has to make it as hard as possible for Jack to get to Carlton
If that means driving up his deal or backroom manoeuvring not sure but I'm less inclined to keep him now
He's a child and we need less of those around the Club
We made our point and because of our list and pick situation this year it doesn't cost us anything
I guess it's up to the AFL commission to decide if it's appropriate for a guy to just walk out on a Club with virtually no appropriate compensation when the Club he's going to is presumably offering 700k+ a year

In the end I think the Club just has to make it as hard as possible for Jack to get to Carlton
If that means driving up his deal or backroom manoeuvring not sure but I'm less inclined to keep him now
He's a child and we need less of those around the Club
We made our point and because of our list and pick situation this year it doesn't cost us anything
I guess it's up to the AFL commission to decide if it's appropriate for a guy to just walk out on a Club with virtually no appropriate compensation when the Club he's going to is presumably offering 700k+ a year

Great point. VFL House May want to consider the ramifications of them allowing open draft tampering which is what Carlton are doing

Great point. VFL House May want to consider the ramifications of them allowing open draft tampering which is what Carlton are doing
I say this every year, but it's time for transfer fees especially in cases like Martin where the Clubs can't agree a trade
AFL sets up a Transfer Fee Committee based on the players offered salary, years of service, relative positions of the Clubs involved etc
Then the Club can decide if it wants cash or picks
Sometimes one is more important than the other

Yeah keep this thread to look forward to the players who are going to rip it to shreds next year for the Suns.

Talking point!

Just sitting back and thinking: Is Fiorini our best midfielder as some claim? He gets absolute bucketloads of pill no doubt, but he doesn't really do a lot with it. Avgs 25 touches, but only kicked 5 goals this year and has a DE of 61%. He is a good link player but I think he really lacks that hurt factor someone like an Ainsworth has when he has the ball in hand.

Can we start a Jack Martin thread? Im sick of all the Carlton supporters coming in here and the talk of what’s going to happen. The sooner he goes the better for the club and myself

Jack Martin

Yeah keep this thread to look forward to the players who are going to rip it to shreds next year for the Suns.

Talking point!

Just sitting back and thinking: Is Fiorini our best midfielder as some claim? He gets absolute bucketloads of pill no doubt, but he doesn't really do a lot with it. Avgs 25 touches, but only kicked 5 goals this year and has a DE of 61%. He is a good link player but I think he really lacks that hurt factor someone like an Ainsworth has when he has the ball in hand.
Fiorini will benefit from Greenwood and the expected growth of Brodie. He will play a lot better if he isn’t stuck playing inside mid when he is much more suited to a outside/link roll. His DE suffers due to playing inside usually under a lot of pressure

Talking point!

There were times he recorded 30 possessions and I didn't have him in our best 3-4 on field.
He's been hampered by the need to play an inside mid type game in a heavily contested team style, no doubt.
I think he's best as a Zach Merrett style link man.
Think he be pretty clean with his hands, hitting little 25m kicks - lowering his eyes and delivering inside 50.

Brodie in the trenches > Fiorini in traffic > Weller in the clear.
Finding the ball a big skill - he can do that.
I think he'll come into his own with a few more bigger midfielders in the team this year and hopefully a bit of a faster game-style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back