List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

So was Malceski and the end came real quick.

The only reason he would come here is if we made an obscene offer and I don't think the club is stupid enough to do it.

Once he can't get around in the guts he has no secondary position and is then useless. At least someone like Hodge could add value off half back.
Agree l'm NOT saying get him just saying Rischa was past it 2 years ago and is playing tonight. Heron wouldn't be allowed to carry his boots and is playing tonight.

So was Malceski and the end came real quick.

The only reason he would come here is if we made an obscene offer and I don't think the club is stupid enough to do it.

Once he can't get around in the guts he has no secondary position and is then useless. At least someone like Hodge could add value off half back.
If that is the case, I am after Burgoyne and convert Brisbane first Rd pick and GC future second to 2 to 3 second round pick and get Greenwood and Blakely and Richmond Rookie M chol.

If that is the case, I am after Burgoyne and convert Brisbane first Rd pick and GC future second to 2 to 3 second round pick and get Greenwood and Blakely and Richmond Rookie M chol.

Greenwood and Blakley would be worth getting.

Maybe multiple picks after the 1st Rd to be used to trade for mature players (assuming they can convince anyone to come)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to be concerned that Cameron said there won't be as much list turnover this year, as why would you retain so many players that are clearly not up to it.

Starting to be concerned that Cameron said there won't be as much list turnover this year, as why would you retain so many players that are clearly not up to it.
I think Dew ask him to rethink, Dew job on the line next year, don't think Blakely and Greenwood want to come to GCS now.

I didn’t believe it when I heard it. (Yes I listened to my first GC related podcast yesterday).

I know you’re sick of hearing it, but over the last 3 offseasons, the lions have moved 32 players out, either traded out, retired or delisted.
2016: 10
2017: 12
2018: 10

I didn’t believe it when I heard it. (Yes I listened to my first GC related podcast yesterday).

I know you’re sick of hearing it, but over the last 3 offseasons, the lions have moved 32 players out, either traded out, retired or delisted.
2016: 10
2017: 12
2018: 10

My delistings from Senior List / likely trades:

Martin (trade)
Brodie (trade)
Young
Nicholls
Nutting

Delist & Re-Rookie (as contracted for 2020):

Schoenfeld
GHS
Ellis

Delist from Rookie list:

Leslie
Rischatelli
Heron
Wigg
Fletcher
Dawson

Too much s**t chat on here, seriously s**t chat... Does anyone realise we are missing 9 of our starting 18 players.
That’s 50% of the team! Probably even more (that was a rough calculation).
Show me any AFL team with 50% of their starting lineup out of the game and I swear they will be equally as s**t.
I think our team is fine, see it for what it is, yes it sucks, but injuries happen to young bodies put under pressure.
Stick to the game plan, it will all be okay.

Too much s**t chat on here, seriously s**t chat... Does anyone realise we are missing 9 of our starting 18 players.
That’s 50% of the team! Probably even more (that was a rough calculation).
Show me any AFL team with 50% of their starting lineup out of the game and I swear they will be equally as s**t.
I think our team is fine, see it for what it is, yes it sucks, but injuries happen to young bodies put under pressure.
Stick to the game plan, it will all be okay.

Happens every year - Suns are the most injury prone club of all-time.

Talking about players coming is an interesting question, was watching th NBA jump program today and they were talking about OKC and how no one want’s to go to small market teams as there is not the ability to make big coin outside of game day like there is in big market teams. This is our situation all over IMO and it’s not ever going to change unless we make ourselves a big market team. The GC is the California of Australia and somehow we have to sell it that way to the players

Talking about players coming is an interesting question, was watching th NBA jump program today and they were talking about OKC and how no one want’s to go to small market teams as there is not the ability to make big coin outside of game day like there is in big market teams. This is our situation all over IMO and it’s not ever going to change unless we make ourselves a big market team. The GC is the California of Australia and somehow we have to sell it that way to the players
I view GC as a bit like Florida. The sun, the surf, the heat, the theme parks. But California has a better ring to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back