List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

If the reports are true, they are offering more years to him.

Can't blame him playing more years at a club that is smashing it at the moment.

Easy decision for him IMO.
It’s disappointing if we lose him Just because we didn’t want to offer him a longer contract.

Another bad look for our new list management team.

I know he also wasn’t enjoying his football at the suns in the past 2 years so that could also have something to do with his decision who knows

It’s disappointing if we lose him Just because we didn’t want to offer him a longer contract.

Another bad look for our new list management team.

I know he also wasn’t enjoying his football at the suns in the past 2 years so that could also have something to do with his decision who knows
Yeah being constantly on the physio's bench probably does that to you.

TBH I am ok not offering him a long contract, as skilled and talented as he is, he can't get on the park for us.

For his sake I hope it improves at Brisbane. Because for us, he had the structural density of tissue paper.

I am going to go against the grain here and say I don’t think Ah Chee was going to be best 22 in the next 2 years... him and Martin were great players but two flexible for there own good.
He's got potential and we saw small snippets of it a few years back. But after supporting him through some personal issues where he's missed games in 2018 and this year, he's happy to turn his back on us for a longer contract. Very disappointing. Would've hoped he'd work his backside off and then get the longer contract. No real loss.

Went to NEAFL Grand Final (3 quarters)And saw an outstanding exhibition of AFL football put on by the Brisbane LIons.
Yes the opposition was far inferior but their are at least half a dozen lions players who would walk into our side and make us more competitive.
Players I would look at in AhChee deal would be Cutler Taylor Hinge Cox , all have speed and good disposal (take two in exchange for AhChee)
The surprise for me was Matt Eagles whose first half was outstanding , let absolutely nothing pass him.
Big strong man who is very quick and loves a contest.
Would be enormous help to our younger players.
Yes 29 years of age but super fit and would come very cheap.
In my opinion worth a punt.
Reports are Cutler is heading back to Melbourne. He has a world of talent and is the prototype tall wing. But he struggled to adapt his natural game to Fagan’s game plan and our team style of play.

If you were looking for a winger and the choice was Cutler or Ellis, I’d be taking Cutler every time.

Taylor is a classic small link man. I hope we keep him as he’s genuine depth in the 23 to 30 range. He only really got two chances this year. His second stint looking much better, but he injured himself and couldn’t force his way back in.

He struggles defensively due to his small stature, not due to a lack of willingness.

Reportedly exploring his options.

Cox is very highly rated, and viewed as a long term prospect. I can’t see the club willing to let him go.

Still needs to work on his assertiveness in games. Has had a very interrupted season, but was really showing a step up in his development late in the season.

Hinge is a third year rookie. He’s most likely going to be pushed out by the recruitment of Ah Chee.

Like Corey Lyons, and possibly Ben Keays, Hinge is likely going to fall victim to a list squeeze this trade period, and be de-listed.

The club has asked the AFL for special dispensation to keep Eagles on as a fourth year Cat B rookie.

He a fan favourite and has a cult hero like status.

He is a genuinely good defender and chop out ruck, and missed his chance this year due to their being no long term injuries.

The club has asked the AFL for special dispensation to keep Eagles on as a fourth year Cat B rookie.

He a fan favourite and has a cult hero like status.

He is a genuinely good defender and chop out ruck, and missed his chance this year due to their being no long term injuries.

Special dispensation? Cry me a river

Purely from a Lions perspective.

Hanley was cooked when we traded him. His body was letting him down. We knew that.

We were also happy to see him go, as he was part of the previous poor culture and bullying of younger players with Rockliff. Though he was very much Robin to Rockliff’s Batman.

Same thing with Rockliff. We were happy for him to leave as a free agent and receive the compo pick for him.

Eh, what? Please explain.

OK I think what he's trying to say and this is just my take from way over here, is that your mob finished 2nd in the H&A, played in 2 finals, won the 2nd div (NEAFL) UNDEFEATED and yet you still want "special dispensation". What would be the thinking behind that request?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK I think what he's trying to say and this is just my take from way over here, is that your mob finished 2nd in the H&A, played in 2 finals, won the 2nd div (NEAFL) UNDEFEATED and yet you still want "special dispensation". What would be the thinking behind that request?
It would be nothing to do with the club and everything to do with the player and his circumstances of recruitment through the TV show.

Personally I think a first rounder and Powell-Pepper would be fair.

I cannot for the life of me understand why we haven’t heard anything further about us pursuing him. The bloke is a contested footy bull, is only 21, ex first round draft pick, his attack on the footy and the way he crashes the packs like his life depends on it is great. I love his hardness at the ball and believe he would provide us with some much needed grunt.

I've heard there have been a few off field issues that would possibly not make gold coast the best club for him.

Purely from a Lions perspective.

Hanley was cooked when we traded him. His body was letting him down. We knew that.

We were also happy to see him go, as he was part of the previous poor culture and bullying of younger players with Rockliff. Though he was very much Robin to Rockliff’s Batman.

Same thing with Rockliff. We were happy for him to leave as a free agent and receive the compo pick for him.

played 22 games the year before he left 2016
payed 11 games 2015
played 20-22 games every year from 2011-2014

can you shed some light on what exactly was 'cooked' did he play injured all of 2016?

Sadly for Hanley that May, Lynch, Martin, Ah chee asked to be trade, nobody knew he help the younger guys- KK, Scrimshaw, Brad sheer, Leslie, McKenzie, lonergan, Crossley, Nutting, Shaw . I think he is Top 8 players in term of salary when he signed for GCS.

Last edited:
played 22 games the year before he left 2016
payed 11 games 2015
played 20-22 games every year from 2011-2014

can you shed some light on what exactly was 'cooked' did he play injured all of 2016?
He did IIRC. He had pretty major surgery on both hips that preseason and he hasn't been the same since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back