No Oppo Supporters 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the bottom 3 youngest 22 across the competition every week, were you expecting a premiership?

Maybe your expectations are out of step...
Stop being so serious , just Sunday morning banter FFS . Just not liking we're not in finals as the 2nd half of my life I've been spoilt by a great club. Now off to local footy , have a nice day.

I found miggs post over at the Dogs. LOL. They hate the truth.

It’s a shame the umpires couldn’t carry you to a win today. They tried their hardest and couldn’t get it done. You’ll always have your fluke premiership though. Now back to irrelevance for the next 30 years where your club belongs

play well = great coach

play,poorly make stupid decisions = dumb players didnt follow instructions

longmire isnt a top 4 coach anymore

clarkson, simpson, scott, hardwick easily better at the moment
All 4 of those coaches have teams in a strong AFL market.
The Northern state teams are a different proposition & thus far Longmire is trying to reinvigorate the list.
Mistakes have been & will be made by all the coaching staff & you guys are just spruiking your own feelings about Longmire as fact without considering if we are heading in a good direction.

If you feel we are worse off by having Longmire as our coach then there's no wrong or right answer until these next few years are up. He has been extended. You say that's a mistake, I say it can't possibly be a mistake until he has coached through this regeneration of the list.

You are big on not recognising Longmire's past achievements yet you don't apply the same judgement on Scott or Clarko, having them in your top 4 coaches. Scott has now lost 10 of the last 13 finals as coach. Since threepeat against all interstate clubs, Clarko lost in straight sets in both 2016 & 2018 & failed to make finals in 2017 & 2019 yet you apply a harsher judgement on Longmire.
Scott & Clarko have not rebuilt their list at all but rather are still heavily depending on seasoned champions to get them their wins, with the addition of disgruntled players from other teams that are top 10 & maybe top 5 picks from their draft year. We have never had that benefit & though we have had some poor games both in the coaches box & from the playing group, we are far from an ageing list still dependant on past champions to get our wins.

This is the General discussion thread by the way Bedders so I am not off topic.
If you guys are sick of Longmire, that's a different argument but the general feeling in the AFL is that he is one of the top 4 coaches in the land. IMO Clarko & Scott are being given an armchair ride for their past successes but the statistics say Horse is currently ahead of them both when a one looks at team lists going forward.
The grass is greener elsewhere hey?

I found miggs post over at the Dogs. LOL. They hate the truth.

It’s a shame the umpires couldn’t carry you to a win today. They tried their hardest and couldn’t get it done. You’ll always have your fluke premiership though. Now back to irrelevance for the next 30 years where your club belongs

SM reply was absolutely brutal tho.

Well far be it from me to have an opinion. There's nothing wrong with having pride in our great country and admiring the best POTUS in over half a century and who was democratically elected.

You're in the wrong place. The Hypocracy of the Left thread is in the Politics section.

damn straight. Far be it from you to have an opinion if thats the result. This is a footy forum. We dont want to hear how much you love your country, the flag, the national anthem or the biggest criminal in the whitehouse since Nixon. This isn't the Alan Jones forum for redneck dickheads.

The problem is that Collingwood needs an away guernsey. The AFL needs to stand up against Eddie and force them to.
We don't have an away guernsey tbf. We have the home one we normally wear and the white one when we clash. Collingwood have a mostly black one and a white one when they clash. If it was up to me though I'd have Collingwood wear the mostly white one more often then when sides like the Blues, Bombers and Richmond could wear their darker kits against them

damn straight. Far be it from you to have an opinion if thats the result. This is a footy forum. We dont want to hear how much you love your country, the flag, the national anthem or the biggest criminal in the whitehouse since Nixon. This isn't the Alan Jones forum for redneck dickheads.
Hey, I didn't start the non-footy talk. Check your facts.

I thought Darcy nailed it when he said half a dozen controversial decisions went against the lions in the first half. I had the umpires owing Brisbane 18 points when the score was 12-0. They could have racked up an unassailable lead had they kicked straight and got even umpiring. Then richmond got a hold of them and it was no contest in the 2nd half.
Lot of young players in their first final - they will learn from that. I can see them beating Richmond if they get another swing. I can certainly see them beating GWS at home and the pies following that.

Of course there has been a poor coach.

Has there ever been a coach that gave instruction to kick to a 2+1?

do you know what the coaches instructions were for all afl games?

I’ll say yes and let you show me it’s wrong

All 4 of those coaches have teams in a strong AFL market.
The Northern state teams are a different proposition & thus far Longmire is trying to reinvigorate the list.
Mistakes have been & will be made by all the coaching staff & you guys are just spruiking your own feelings about Longmire as fact without considering if we are heading in a good direction.

If you feel we are worse off by having Longmire as our coach then there's no wrong or right answer until these next few years are up. He has been extended. You say that's a mistake, I say it can't possibly be a mistake until he has coached through this regeneration of the list.

You are big on not recognising Longmire's past achievements yet you don't apply the same judgement on Scott or Clarko, having them in your top 4 coaches. Scott has now lost 10 of the last 13 finals as coach. Since threepeat against all interstate clubs, Clarko lost in straight sets in both 2016 & 2018 & failed to make finals in 2017 & 2019 yet you apply a harsher judgement on Longmire.
Scott & Clarko have not rebuilt their list at all but rather are still heavily depending on seasoned champions to get them their wins, with the addition of disgruntled players from other teams that are top 10 & maybe top 5 picks from their draft year. We have never had that benefit & though we have had some poor games both in the coaches box & from the playing group, we are far from an ageing list still dependant on past champions to get our wins.

This is the General discussion thread by the way Bedders so I am not off topic.
If you guys are sick of Longmire, that's a different argument but the general feeling in the AFL is that he is one of the top 4 coaches in the land. IMO Clarko & Scott are being given an armchair ride for their past successes but the statistics say Horse is currently ahead of them both when a one looks at team lists going forward.
The grass is greener elsewhere hey?

Who said anything bad about Longmire I just said he is not one of the top 4 coaches in the league

Clarkson is clearly the best
Scott and Simpson have better records
Hardwick same flags and built the list from scratch

No shame being behind them

Longmire has had a larger cap most of his tenure , didn’t have to compete for his job and had a list in place that was good when he took the role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole 'best coach' argument is one that no one can win until the final siren on grand final day.

Hinkley was a great coach in 2014. Average ever since.

Clarkson has three more flags than anyone else in the comp, but should've made finals with the team he had this year and failed.

Scott has a better record than Horse but his team performs worse in finals than ours.

Richmond were crap under Hardwick for many years before they became good. If the grand final is fair, Don Pyke is a premiership coach and Hardwick is flagless.

Beveridge is a premiership coach but hadn't seen finals til yesterday's embarrassment.

Etc. etc. etc.

Can find arguments for and against every coach who ever did it

Good point! Eddie would be happy his message is getting thru

its been a great list

hes had just about every champion of the club play for him,

fair percentage of our top 20 players for games played, have been coached by horse

hes a fine coach, he has had a great list though

Who said anything bad about Longmire I just said he is not one of the top 4 coaches in the league

Longmire has had a larger cap most of his tenure , didn’t have to compete for his job and had a list in place that was good when he took the role
Sorry!
I disagree strongly with all points you are trying to make.
Longmire is ahead of Scott & Clarko right now with where our list is at.
We won 8 games & dropped about 4 or 5 that were purely due to a lack of senior players or games experience.

Wasnt cola abolished the moment we signed buddy in 2013, which happened to be longmires 3rd year in charge, not sure that equates to most of his tenure.

You mustn't rate Paul Roos much then cause he had a larger cap for 100% of his career.

have a look at hawks eagles and cats lists when clarko simpson and scott took over their teams before you start using that as a comparison.

Your top 4 coaches also get the luxurious advantage of the go home factor something we haven't had since Nick Davis

Wasnt cola abolished the moment we signed buddy in 2013, which happened to be longmires 3rd year in charge, not sure that equates to most of his tenure.

You mustn't rate Paul Roos much then cause he had a larger cap for 100% of his career.

have a look at hawks eagles and cats lists when clarko simpson and scott took over their teams before you start using that as a comparison.

Your top 4 coaches also get the luxurious advantage of the go home factor something we haven't had since Nick Davis

cola was out in 2017

Roos built the list, longmire inherited it

who was on tne hawks list when clarko took over, ill give you crawford, give me the rest of the good players

im just suggestion there are currently 4 coaches better than him right now

he did finish lower than all of them so not sure why its unreasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back