2019 Memberships Released

Remove this Banner Ad

Took a daily average, to estimate a total for the end of December. Biggest monthly increase in 4 years 7750(14.51%), surpassing the old mark of 6661 between Jan-Feb 2016

View attachment 603561

That had to be done, as it's somewhat easier (and more fruitful) working hard at the beginning of the membership campaign than setting out to reel people in, once the season has commenced....and especially so if we aren't faring too well.

The numbers are good and that graph shows up good signs in regards to the trajectory. Don't think we'll make 64K, but anything above 60K would represent a huge leap forward for the CFC and a feather in the cap for Liddle.

Agree with you Harker if CFC is able to surpass 60K it would represent a very positive step forward and justify considerable optimism as we enter our decade of claimimg our rightful position as a league heavyweight , pushing upwards and onwards hopefully never to endure the dismal depths of the last decade.

That had to be done, as it's somewhat easier (and more fruitful) working hard at the beginning of the membership campaign than setting out to reel people in, once the season has commenced....and especially so if we aren't faring too well.

The numbers are good and that graph shows up good signs in regards to the trajectory. Don't think we'll make 64K, but anything above 60K would represent a huge leap forward for the CFC and a feather in the cap for Liddle.

I agree, I believe it will be somewhere between 61-63K, which would be a great result

Attracting members to the CFC is a bit of a slow grind.
Winning is the most important thing, giving an instant fillip to membership numbers, but I also feel that we've lost the 'cool' we had years ago.

I'm not sure about how much of that has to do with apparel, but you (I, at least) just don't see the CFC merchandise worn outside of game day.
I see plenty of Hawthorn, Richmond, Essendon and Collingwood items worn, but nowhere near as much Carlton.
I don't know when Brown & Gold became the new Black but isn't it Navy's turn? (winning Premierships doesn't hurt though :))

60K in real numbers would be a terrific result, but we'd need to clock up about 53/54K at around round 1 for that to come about.
50K in round 1 and then the selling of 'specials' later on, just won't realise the money we need.

Attracting members to the CFC is a bit of a slow grind.
Winning is the most important thing, giving an instant fillip to membership numbers, but I also feel that we've lost the 'cool' we had years ago.

I'm not sure about how much of that has to do with apparel, but you (I, at least) just don't see the CFC merchandise worn outside of game day.
I see plenty of Hawthorn, Richmond, Essendon and Collingwood items worn, but nowhere near as much Carlton.
I don't know when Brown & Gold became the new Black but isn't it Navy's turn? (winning Premierships doesn't hurt though :))

60K in real numbers would be a terrific result, but we'd need to clock up about 53/54K at around round 1 for that to come about.
50K in round 1 and then the selling of 'specials' later on, just won't realise the money we need.
Carlton will get to 50,000 by round 1 easily this year , I would be thinking closer to 60,000
thats just 2000 a week from now to round 1

AFLW Round 2 I assume, first home game at princes park against Adelaide, or round 6 against Brisbane as both those games are 4pm starts, while the game against collingwood in round 5 is a 7pm start.

AFLW Round 2 I assume, first home game at princes park against Adelaide, or round 6 against Brisbane as both those games are 4pm starts, while the game against collingwood in round 5 is a 7pm start.
Feb 10, that’s only 3 weeks away. You’d think they would be promoting it on the website by now.

I wonder what the club is doing differently to get members this year, as being a 20 year consecutive member on direct debit the club really doesn't reach out to me as I'm pretty much a sure thing. To those of you non 2018 members what have they done to generate such an overwhelming increase after such a poor year (besides the membership upgrade).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Carlton are doing differently is clearly going in harder, earlier.
They have to be, as it's just too hard trying to pick up members when the wins aren't forthcoming.
That's also why I think that we may not be able to stretch numbers out too far after the first game of the year, unless we're just mounting on win after win.

This time last year we had about 37.5K, therefore we're up ~5.5K on last year.
The CFC had about 47K members at the start of the season in late March and tacked on another 9K to get to the 56K mark.

Given we went hard at the beginning, the end may not be too much more fruitful, hence a 53K start should get us to the desire 60K mark.
Anything beyond that will be an absolute bonus for the CFC and given the memberships were mostly full-memberships, extra dollars in the coffers.

There are alot of Carlton supporters out there that i have met and they do go to games but dont buy memberships for some reason
The CFC need to find a way to tap into these people and get them to 'Buy' into the club and membership culture

You guys now have a good man at the helm that has seen it happen and knows how to get it done, Might take a few years but it will happen

There are alot of Carlton supporters out there that i have met and they do go to games but dont buy memberships for some reason
The CFC need to find a way to tap into these people and get them to 'Buy' into the club and membership culture

You guys now have a good man at the helm that has seen it happen and knows how to get it done, Might take a few years but it will happen

I had a chat with a lifelong Carlton supporter and her son a couple of weeks ago. Full membership is too expensive for them and a 3 game is not seen as good value since they go to 5-7 games per year.

I had a chat with a lifelong Carlton supporter and her son a couple of weeks ago. Full membership is too expensive for them and a 3 game is not seen as good value since they go to 5-7 games per year.

These are the supporters we need to convert to members.

They are paying to go watch the Blues already. Why can't we convert them to members?

Personally I think we have enough membership levels to suit everyone.

3 game
10game
Flexi (good option for your friend. Could use it five times, taking two in each time)

We need to sell the value of the membership.

Yes it might be slightly cheaper to just pay to go to the games you want, but we need our supporters to want to pay slightly more to be PART of the club.

Is our merchandise not good enough?
Do we not have enough add on vale ie player access?
Are we simply not selling/marketing the value well enough? (Not communicating our value proposition correctly or through the right channels?)

I refuse to believe our supporters are just too stingey. People will spend extra money if they see value. After all price is what you pay - value is what you get.

Buy the 3 game memberships and choose the x2 GA tickets as the member option (instead of a scarf or hat)

Bam, it is now a 5 game membership, decent length and good value.

These are the supporters we need to convert to members.

They are paying to go watch the Blues already. Why can't we convert them to members?

Personally I think we have enough membership levels to suit everyone.

3 game
10game
Flexi (good option for your friend. Could use it five times, taking two in each time)

We need to sell the value of the membership.

Yes it might be slightly cheaper to just pay to go to the games you want, but we need our supporters to want to pay slightly more to be PART of the club.

Is our merchandise not good enough?
Do we not have enough add on vale ie player access?
Are we simply not selling/marketing the value well enough? (Not communicating our value proposition correctly or through the right channels?)

I refuse to believe our supporters are just too stingey. People will spend extra money if they see value. After all price is what you pay - value is what you get.
I think we have always had a lot of supporters and relatively few members. I suspect our supporter to member conversion rate is pretty low.

Not sure Carlton is seen as a members club in that the perception (and probably the reality) is there is a number of very very wealthy members at the club and a membership bought has little bearing on the club's finances and not really required.

The big jump will come when we return to finals football. There was little resourcing to membership in our last finals sojourn and then a pretty poor product in the 5 seasons since.

Got mine and three family members today.

Going Legends Lounge this year, it has been a long time since the club offered a membership like this. Looking forward to watching Carlton again with nice cold glass in hand behind glass with fellow connoisseurs.

Just like the old days in the top bar in the social club.

Got mine and three family members today.

Going Legends Lounge this year, it has been a long time since the club offered a membership like this. Looking forward to watching Carlton again with nice cold glass in hand behind glass with fellow connoisseurs.

Just like the old days in the top bar in the social club.
Wins were celebrated with crown lager shouts in the top bar of the Social Club. Maybe you can revive the tradition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back