2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just the bathwater flavor kool aid they drink.

We have seen a little bit of Fogarty and even less of Jones. We have no idea what the team will look like next year and if it’s similar to this year, we are up s**t creek.

They have had a good look at quite a few kids. We have not.

ROB only got a crack because of Sauces injury
Fogarty finally got a crack because they had no other choice - word was he was walking if they didn’t start playing him

Gold pass system and injuries left the others out

Imagine how Lycett must be feeling. Would have been leading the Eagles ruck into another finals campaign and instead is floating around metro Adelaide ovals.
I think it's maybe a see what Ryder has left and don't let Ladhams walk....

ROB only got a crack because of Sauces injury
Fogarty finally got a crack because they had no other choice - word was he was walking if they didn’t start playing him

Gold pass system and injuries left the others out
Fogarty is contracted and we weren't letting him go anywhere.

Nah, I would still try to do that trade, you need to dangle a carrot to those 2 teams that need a mature forward.
From what I've read, pick 1 and 2 in this year's draft are stand-out, 3-4 are still quality like any other year top 4 and then 5 and onward the quality is less compared to any other year (especially from pick 7). Last year's super draft had pick 1-4 as potential pick 1, then 5-10 were better than other years and closely group together talent wise and then it ran deep from 15-30.
Jenkins plus first does not get you anything....

First plus a very decent kid gets you at the table.

Wingard should have been 2. Fact is he wasn't, and probably wasn't top 10.

Polec at his best is in the 5, but likewise he's unreliable.

Clurey, Lycett, Houston, Burton, DBJ all overtaken their output going fwd and are far less flaky imo. Ignoring any rookie...

2018 John Cahill Medal top 10
1. Justin Westhoff 179 votes
2. Tom Jonas and Ollie Wines 162
4. Robbie Gray 152
5. Jared Polec 151
6. Chad Wingard 143
7. Darcy Byrne-Jones 139
8. Dan Houston 131
9. Travis Boak 126
10. Tom Clurey 110

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The highlight of the weekend for me - according to 5AA - the Port players in the rooms before their match being pretty happy with themselves when Crows got belted.

Nek minit...

Lets just hope the Crows do the right thing next week and end Port's season.

It would be classic Adelaide to win next week and NEED Port to win so we can start the firesale.

I think both SA teams will miss the finals... & both need change.

Port at least have been playing younger players.

The highlight of the weekend for me - according to 5AA - the Port players in the rooms before their match being pretty happy with themselves when Crows got belted.

Nek minit...
Either SA team or supporters taking delight in the others poor season is missing the main point...

The only good thing is that it looks like port will have to barrack for us against the dogs next week if they are to have any chance!... bahahahahaha..
Port supporters seemed to be barracking for us today though.

Port supporters seemed to be barracking for us today though.
Maybe they don't want to make finals either. You'll go close to kicking 22 straight next week.

Maybe they don't want to make finals either. You'll go close to kicking 22 straight next week.
I know morale isn't exactly high on this board right now, but the result next week is hardly set in stone. We've lost to the Gold Coast, Carlton and St. Kilda this year. We all thought the lid was off after beating Geelong, only to lose to St Kilda a couple weeks later in a putrid performance.

We were supposed to beat your mob last year when you had half your team out, but could only muster 2 goals for the whole game. On top of all this, our record at Ballarat isn't exactly amazing; we got thumped by Port there same time last year.

I know morale isn't exactly high on this board right now, but the result next week is hardly set in stone. We've lost to the Gold Coast, Carlton and St. Kilda this year. We all thought the lid was off after beating Geelong, only to lose to St Kilda a couple weeks later in a putrid performance.

We were supposed to beat your mob last year when you had half your team out, but could only muster 2 goals for the whole game. On top of all this, our record at Ballarat isn't exactly amazing; we got thumped by Port there same time last year.
Mate we are a rabble devoid of any confidence. You guys are flying and will pump us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back