2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah its going to come down to the side we can put out. If we have Sandi, Lobb, Hogan, maybe Stephen Hill available we could pinch 2-3 games for the rest of the year but its just as possible we will go 0-8 if we don't have those guys. Hawks starting to fire, they will murder us but we're probably a chance against Saints & Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/perth/programs/breakfast/wayne-ludbey/11281450

Twenty-six years ago Nicky Winmar, playing for St Kilda against Collingwood at Victoria Park, raised his jumper and pointed to his dark skin in response to the vulgar racial abuse he had encountered that day, and for most of his playing career.

The image of Winmar standing, a proud Noongar man, defiant in the face of racism, is one that is burned into the minds of Australia's football community.

Wayne Ludbey is the man who captured that moment on camera and he came into studio to chat to Nadia and Russell about it, and the impact it had on him and Nicky Winmar.

More for the oldies, but this is a great little piece on the man that my dad to this day still calls the greatest player to ever play the game.

I was just a kid but gee whizzy I loved Stephen Michael. Just pips Pav and Mr Magic (SF days) as my favourite players ever. Michael could do the unbelievable. Hard, tough, no-nonsense, mercurial and as skilled as they come. What a legend. 😍🔴⚪🔴 #SouthFremantleForeverMore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back