2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know what I like about Brisbane ? Lyons and Robinson. They’re the one crashing and getting their hands dirty, protecting the youth. The midfield plays as an unit because of that. Neale plays freer, Zorko as well.
Really missing those types at Freo. Every successful team always has those types of uncompromising, defensive midfield.

Brisbane playing a good style of footy too. They’re getting the rub of the green from the umpires though.

Brissie and the Bulldogs are two teams currently good to watch.

Saw a stat the other day that said Bris has scored over 100points more than any other team this season. So Fagan is at least trying to win back the supporters by entertaining them. It turns out you can win a few games that way too.

Last edited:
Know what I like about Brisbane ? Lyons and Robinson. They’re the one crashing and getting their hands dirty, protecting the youth. The midfield plays as an unit because of that. Neale plays freer, Zorko as well.
Really missing those types at Freo. Every successful team always has those types of uncompromising, defensive midfield.

The Clancee Pearces, Michael Barlows, Matt DeBoers & Tendai Mzungus. These types of guys we are missing to be the stop-gap between our A-graders and the rest of the kids trying to get to their level - or as high as they can. And they aren't going to get far without a few of these types

Yes, we have Conca, but who else? Blakely?

Anyone watch the ODI Women's Ashes last night, where we smashed the poms, then danced on their carcasses? Ellyse Perry is an out-and-out superstar (7/22 from 10 overs), as is Alissa Healy and Meg Lanning. The standard of cricket from the Aussies was top-notch. It was a joy to watch.

I then turned over to watch the second half of the Women's Soccer World Cup Final where the Purple Haired Lesbian Goddess (an actual headline) led her team to victory. Now I don't usually barrack for the US in anything, but I was going hard last night. I, too, am a purple haired lesbian (true) goddess (questionable), who would happily denounce Trump (and Scott Morrison) and refuse a visit to the White House (or Kirribilli or Parliament House), and eagerly say 'go the gays' in press conferences, and campaign for equal pay - especially for a sport like soccer in the US where the women are powerhouse No.1 in the world, but the men are minnows - but sadly I am nowhere near a 32-year-old sporting superstar with the platform to do so.

So I content myself with the fact that we are both purple haired lesbian goddesses and enthusiastically say, "Go Megan Rapinoe you star".

The Clancee Pearces, Michael Barlows, Matt DeBoers & Tendai Mzungus. These types of guys we are missing to be the stop-gap between our A-graders and the rest of the kids trying to get to their level - or as high as they can. And they aren't going to get far without a few of these types

Yes, we have Conca, but who else? Blakely?
Banfield, Schultz and Bewley are supposed to contribute more than they are at the moment. Bewley and Banfield showed some promise but it's not looking good..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banfield, Schultz and Bewley are supposed to contribute more than they are at the moment. Bewley and Banfield showed some promise but it's not looking good..

Baileys been treated a bit harsher than some others who kick it to the other guys regularly , there is a couple on our list who could make a quick Jack Silvagni like turnaround under a new coach

Not one single Australian in the Juniors at Wimbledon. Sad really, when you think Ash Barty won it 5 years ago, took a break from tennis and is now #1 in the world. Thank god for her and Alex De Minaur. Kyrgios and Tomic can piss off. All our other decent women's players have defected from other countries - Gavrilova and Tomljanović for example.

Nick is great value, leave him alone :D
Certainly entertaining when he starts to lose his s**t! But not really a great ambassador for Australian tennis.>.< But usually quite well-spoken and fairly humble in his pressers. I find the contrast weird. It's more than just white-line fever, it's something pathological, I swear. Tomic, however, is just an out-and-out di*kweed. Pains me to say it as we're both Croatian, but what a selfish, pathetic, spoilt moron he is.

I read some positive media on nick. He does a lot of charity work, he is a mummy's boy.
Loves playing doubles or Davis cup. Loves team sport. Hates letting team mates down.
Has a real sensitivity to loud noise which some crowds use to provoke him. Yes it's a thing.
Media will poke him all the time to get a reaction. Like all the time. Most of the time he plays them really well.
He is under no illusion that he will get any further in his sport for his lack of professionalism, coaching e.t.c.
But has a brilliant tennis brain. Would actually be a great coach.
Also knows his time is limited as he does not look after himself properly.
Yet he has taken it up to the big 4 since he burst onto the scene. He would have beaten Nadal if he hadnt done his utmost to piss the Spaniard off since Mexico. Nadal had to play out of his skin at Wimbledon.
The guy is hilarious. Just dont expect him to win any titles.
Tennis is lame. Nick has character.
Check out his last press after nadal on YouTube

Tomic seems to have mental issues.

I read some positive media on nick. He does a lot of charity work, he is a mummy's boy.
Loves playing doubles or Davis cup. Loves team sport. Hates letting team mates down.
Has a real sensitivity to loud noise which some crowds use to provoke him. Yes it's a thing.
Media will poke him all the time to get a reaction. Like all the time. Most of the time he plays them really well.
He is under no illusion that he will get any further in his sport for his lack of professionalism, coaching e.t.c.
But has a brilliant tennis brain. Would actually be a great coach.
Also knows his time is limited as he does not look after himself properly.
Yet he has taken it up to the big 4 since he burst onto the scene. He would have beaten Nadal if he hadnt done his utmost to piss the Spaniard off since Mexico. Nadal had to play out of his skin at Wimbledon.
The guy is hilarious. Just dont expect him to win any titles.
Tennis is lame. Nick has character.
Check out his last press after nadal on YouTube

Tomic seems to have mental issues.

This. They should sell tickets to his pressers. Lol

I thought he was too honest in that presser after the Nadal match, he basically told the world how Nadal beat him and list all his weaknesses.

He has no coach, no scouts to do opposition research for him. He literally just rocks up on game day and wings it.

What’s amazing is that he would occasionally beat these top 10 players who eat and breathe tennis (guys who have coaches/fitness team sitting in their box). All the top players in the world he has beaten them. Top players fear him because he’s so unpredictable like playing Russian roulette with a mad man.

He knows he’s lazy, he knows he doesn’t like giving effort. Tennis is a job to him. It’s ok to not like your job, it’s human. He’s happy to earn MIlLIONS doing things his way, good on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back