2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, just goes to show you don't win games of footy by just aimlessly bombing it long inside 50 and giving the defenders the advantage. So many chances wasted for Brisbane, so much hard work to get the ball and then see it intercepted by Giants defenders.

That 4th quarter - looked eerily familiar didn't it :(

They had the least injuries of every team this year - a fully fit Freo would have flogged them
So much this.
They had Robinson out ffs. That’s it. A spud.
If Cameron gets injured or Neale for a few weeks. They’re stuffed.
Add on Hodge retiring. They really need the experienced legs to stick around

De Boer > Bonts
De Boer > Neale.
Back to back. Guy is a gun. Always fit, doesn’t get sucked into the niggle.

Love also to see Zorko out. Good player but an absolute trash of a person. Looking forward to another off season of naked, cheating shenanigans. Great captain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 746189

true facts, except it was 17 touches by neale
Nah.. he got 52. Didn't he? Huh? Oh sorry, wrong game. This was only a semi, to help his team from going out in straight sets on his home ground. Oh - I've already mentioned that? Oh yeah, have too. And their supporters cheered them. Twice. *shakes head*

That was a great game between Bris and GWS.

Look like it was going to be a high scoring game in the first and 2nd quarters but the scoring got harder in the 2nd half.

Toby Greene BOG for me. That last minute he got in around the stoppages and got a couple of little 10m kicks out of the pack that prevented Brisbane from getting a break. Think he also might have given Neale a sneaky one on the ground, but will likely get away with it.

That was a great game between Bris and GWS.

Look like it was going to be a high scoring game in the first and 2nd quarters but the scoring got harder in the 2nd half.

Toby Greene BOG for me. That last minute he got in around the stoppages and got a couple of little 10m kicks out of the pack that prevented Brisbane from getting a break. Think he also might have given Neale a sneaky one on the ground, but will likely get away with it.
Apart from the crap thuginess, Greene is elite. He’s brilliant in finals

They had the least injuries of every team this year - a fully fit Freo would have flogged them

Because of Brisbane Lions lack of injuries, their rebuild has progressed quickly in 2019 ... meanwhile the opposite has happened to Freo.
But Brisbane Lions still had just 12 x 50+ club game players tonight ... hence they were ejected from the 2019 finals with 2 losses from 2 home games.
(NB: Freo had between 5 to 10 in our 22 games for 2019).

And a timely reminder that no club has won a premiership in the last 20 years with less than 13 x 50 club game players.
I was curious to see how Brisbane Lions were going to go in the finals in 2019 given them and Western Bulldogs were the only two teams fielding less than 13 ... they have both been ejected from the finals in straight sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back