Took the granddaughter for a scooter ride(I was running beside her, she was setting a cracking pace) late this afternoon, went past Yeronga and the boys were there, we stayed for what would have been the last hour or so. I spoke to a couple of other guys that were there.
1) It was a fitness based session, doing drills under fatigue, lots of laps interspersed with the drills.
2) I was and the other guys there were highly impressed with Lincoln McCarthy, looks primed, clean at ground level, great snap, and fit, fingers crossed for the upcoming season.
3) The Scottish/English?? kicking coach who was working with Dan McStay was there working on set shots with the boys, Ballenden and Fullarton looked good.
4) Cedric Cox doing laps, looks extremely fit.
5) Cam Rayner doing laps as well, looked to be still struggling a little, might be rose colored glasses but he did look better than pre Christmas to my untrained eye.
6) Lachie Neale, Harris Andrews and Dayne Zorko were taking repeat sprints (3 different groups), on the side of the ground I was on, no coaches around, players taking ownership, fantastic to see.
7) Ben Keays was up and about, lot of encouragement and enthusiasm, Charlie Cameron smooth as silk as usual, Allen Christensen was doing a lot of ground ball drills, very clean.
For those interested I have it on good authority there is another session at Yeronga Friday morning.
Watching his basketball video, I love the little sharp steps he drops in to slice through traffic. Not that he avoids contact. But defenders that think they have him blocked struggle when he suddenly accelerates and carves out of their target sweet spot - without losing any pace.
His basketball looks like a 200cm Cutler. I can see defenders thinking they have him and spinning off like loose hub caps.
I met the infamous leemas at training one time, he rode me all the way home. He took a big dump on TBD’s lawn then proceeded to murder a rock and sing amazing grace while simultaneously eating a taco and smoke a cigarette.