Draft Review 2019 - Revisit the 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It has nothing to do with their CV’s, but simply their playing styles.

Serong isn’t, and never will be, a Dustin Martin type footballer.
I don’t think I’ve ever stated serong going to be a mid forward did I ?
I even stated they play different positions.
I said his durable like dusty ✔️
And will hopefully peak when the team peaks✔️
And feel he is a big game player
Winning a derby medal at 20
Best on ground with 20 coaches votes in his first final and dockers player of the finals at 21.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ve ever stated serong going to be a mid forward did I ?
I even stated they play different positions.
I said his durable like dusty ✔️
And will hopefully peak when the team peaks✔️
And feel he is a big game player
Winning a derby medal at 20
Best on ground with 20 coaches votes in his first final and dockers player of the finals at 21.

So then why compare him to Dustin?

You may as well compare him to Jeremy McGovern or Lance Franklin.....

That was never said.
I’ve given an opinion on serongs projections based on his career to date and his character attitude that he displays at the dockers.
Based on rebuttals from supporters that don’t watch freo yet tell me how to suck eggs that’s the impression that I get.
All Im doing is being positive about my player not s**t canning others opinions.
If you want to pump up whoever you drafted I won’t cross examine your opinion because I don’t watch Roos.
Serong is the second coming of diesel Williams.
Serong won’t win 3 norms and be as good as dusty.
But just like every other draft thread I compare career starts to others.

3 out of 17 seasons where he didn’t miss a game.
No player of the finals awards for his team that I can see.
No norms
But you’re right I’m wrong I forgot we are on bigfooty no opinion allowed.
Also not allowed to be positive about our own players.
No one said you can’t have an opinion… but when you voice one on a public forum people will reply with a opinions they also have.

Buddy has had plenty of good finals, won multiple flags so it is a weird one to have that he isn’t a big finals player.

Suggesting Serong will be very good is fine, suggesting he may be one of the best mids in the game is fine. Using Dusty as a comparison when they are not at all similar is just odd

No one said you can’t have an opinion… but when you voice one on a public forum people will reply with a opinions they also have.

Buddy has had plenty of good finals, won multiple flags so it is a weird one to have that he isn’t a big finals player.

Suggesting Serong will be very good is fine, suggesting he may be one of the best mids in the game is fine. Using Dusty as a comparison when they are not at all similar is just odd
But it’s not for the public to compare Rayner and the like to dusty before they’re drafted??
Serong ave 30+ and a goal the last 3 games of 2022.
What would be more odd is comparing serong to McGovern or buddy

3 out of 17 seasons where he didn’t miss a game.
No player of the finals awards for his team that I can see.
No norms
Which teams award a player of the finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo selling the force of nature that is Tom Green well short

Not make or break as they would defs get a gig elsewhere but this could be the breakout season for Liam Henry
new wing role seemed to suit him.
with Schultz, Switkowski, Sturt, Walters - you guys seem to have small forwards covered. Plus your midfield scores too. So nice little luxury to have to slide him out there.

People are allowed to call you out on bad opinions

Some quality in this draft. It's actually hard to pick a top 10 and order them. Throw a blanket over Rowell, Anderson, Jackson, Serong, Green, Pickett, Day, Weightman, De Koning, Warner. Plenty of other blokes that are showing a bit as well so it's looking like a deep draft as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back