Draft Review 2019 - Revisit the 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Best young player​

Awarded annually since 2003. Unlike some other "best young player" awards, there is no age or game limit. Awarded to the best player inside the first two seasons of their AFL careers based on the weekly AFLCA Player of the Year votes.

2021 winner Caleb Serong
2021 winner Noah Anderson.

All these Fremantle supporters in here debating why Serong is better than Warner but missing that Anderson has outperformed both of them so far this year.

Will Day coming up the rankings hard too

Tom Green looks like Clayton Oliver 2.0

Rowell first uninjured season and getting back to his best.

Then you’ve also got the less hyped guys like SDK, Rivers, Pickett, Coleman, Rosas etc. who are all making big impacts at their clubs.

This may genuinely end up being a midfield super draft.

All these Fremantle supporters in here debating why Serong is better than Warner but missing that Anderson has outperformed both of them so far this year.

Will Day coming up the rankings hard too

Tom Green looks like Clayton Oliver 2.0

Rowell first uninjured season and getting back to his best.

Then you’ve also got the less hyped guys like SDK, Rivers, Pickett, Coleman, Rosas etc. who are all making big impacts at their clubs.

This may genuinely end up being a midfield super draft.
It was actually other team supporters championing Warner .
Freo fans were just providing a rebuttal.
I think you’ll find freo fans have acknowledged Noah, sharing an award with Sebba and having an amazing 2023 aswell.
Just because a supporter base is championing a player it doesn’t mean they don’t rate other players.

It was actually other team supporters championing Warner .
Freo fans were just providing a rebuttal.
I think you’ll find freo fans have acknowledged Noah, sharing an award with Sebba and having an amazing 2023 aswell.
Just because a supporter base is championing a player it doesn’t mean they don’t rate other players.
it all started with a Freo fan saying if you dont think it is Serong at 1, you dont know football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s championing a player not saying this players s**t because they lack impact, can’t kick.
Throw up some positive stats and highlights to change my mind instead of whinging like my children
this is peculiar response.

If you (or whoever, I cant remember who said it) say that any differing opinion means you know nothing, it is that person whinging. If you start with an agressive comment, you'll get aggressive comments back.

Many have put forward the strengths of others, highlighted the weaknesses of Serong (who like all players have) and have made very valid cases for Warner, Anderson and I'd throw in Tom Green also.

My personal view is that it is shaping like an excellent draft with no clear stand out best of the class yet. I'd argue, very few years would have a consensus best of draft.

I’d be choosing Warner or Green out of this bunch. They have the explosiveness that the others just don’t possess and are damaging inside and out.

Oliver won the b&f in the premiership team in 21 and finished top 3 in all awards last year when he won his second AFLCA award.

Deserved both of them

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
People so easily forget how good a player was in any given year if they don't win the Brownlow. Criminal that Wines won it in 2021 when Bont and Oliver were leagues above any other player that year

Anderson and serong have both those features lol
Serong really doesn’t have the burst power of Warner / Green.

Hes more a Rowell type mid. Good on the inside without the hurt factor away from stoppages of the other 2.

You can throw a blanket over Anderson, Green, Serong, or Warner for #1. All are out and out guns and AA chances from this year for the next decade. You’d be happy with any of them. I don’t think there is a right answer yet outside of personal preference or team bias.

Even Rowell is coming back hard, especially with Touk out, and Day looks a champ as well.

Just an incredible group of midfielders from 1 draft.

Green
Anderson
Warner
Serong
Jackson
Pickett
De Koning
Day
Rowell
Young
Coleman
Weightman
Georgiades
Ash
Cumberland
Close
Rivers
Bergman
Jones
Stephens

My top 20 if I were to pick a team from scratch.

I do however expect Serong to have the most decorated career. If that makes sense.

Green
Anderson
Warner
Serong
Jackson
Pickett
De Koning
Day
Rowell
Young
Coleman
Weightman
Georgiades
Ash
Cumberland
Close
Rivers
Bergman
Jones
Stephens

My top 20 if I were to pick a team from scratch.

I do however expect Serong to have the most decorated career. If that makes sense.
Where’s Freddy @?
Top 30?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back