List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

If Scharenberg came cheaply I would snap him up quickly.
I would say 90% of people on here thought pittard being thrown in as steak knives was a waste of a spot. Many were against Williams for the same reason and both have best 22 locks since arriving.
Sharenberg played some good footy this year when given the opportunity and like Ahern I don’t think his ACL’s have had a huge impact on his agility, athleticism, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree, pending a physical I’m happy having a go

The funniest thing in this article was the quote...........................

"Bomber fans would love to imagine Dylan Shiel and Zach Merrett hitting him up in Daniher’s absence".

I really think it would be fun to toss in my career, become a football journalist, and see how long it takes for the last bit of my credibility to be shed

Some days I think 4-5 years would see me done

Today - influenced by this tripe - likely 90 minutes

I guess those little people did have their day, once, on the yellow brick road

Ben Brown for picks 5 and 9?

I'd take it if Ben was happy to make the move.

If he was against it, then no point unsetlling the club culture etc.

But if Ben was up for it (longer / better contract) then 5 and 9 would be delicious.

What good is a gun full forward in a team which is struggling to make the eight?
True we could do anything with those picks, we might even get the next Ben Brown

True we could do anything with those picks, we might even get the next Ben Brown

............and yet there's still people that would do it.

Amazing, isn't it?

Wowee what the hell are you guys on.

What have we spoken about today.

As trade ins Aish , Christensen, sharenburg and trading brown out for a couple of lottery tickets

Says a lot of the depth of this trade period that a guy with 3 knee ops is the most appealing of those mentioned

We could get the next Caydn Beetham and Xavier Clarke with picks 5 and 9

In that light I vote we do it and I will drive the tremendous big vegan to the Industrial Estate Cum Surf Park Cum Airport Outbuilding myself

Genuinely who would consider trading a forward who's kicked 180 goals in three *en years for two *en unknown commodities

You all need your heads read

In that light I vote we do it and I will drive the tremendous big vegan to the Industrial Estate Cum Surf Park Cum Airport Outbuilding myself

Genuinely who would consider trading a forward who's kicked 180 goals in three fu**en years for two fu**en unknown commodities

Yeah but not many goal assists, though...

Genuinely who would consider trading a forward who's kicked 180 goals in three fu**en years for two fu**en unknown commodities

Picture the squealing two years down the track when Larkey, Jy, LDU, TT, Bailey, WW and Crocker are all firing and we're under the pump to keep them all because we gave Howard, Christensen & Aish 4 year contracts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure if it is the drugs talking or not, but if Brown was happy to move then I would consider it. If we are happy to put Wood on the table for a second round pick then Shirley Brown would be expendable for pick 5 and 9. I think if we opened up the forward 50 and kicked it to Wood as often as we kick it to Brown currently, I am not sure we would be that far off. If you can kick 21 goals from * all supply, how many more would he kick if we actually bombed it to him all the time. Brown gets a lot of his goals from free kicks, it is not like he is Wayne Carey.

I think the talent pool we have between 19-21 is the strongest concentration of talent we have and that group hasn't been ****ed over by a decade of s**t coaching. I think our squad is good enough to play finals. Is it good enough to win a flag? We haven't played with the consistency required, don't know if Shaw can fix our problems in the short-term but we have lost Thompson and Wright, we have a fairly narrow window with Higgins, Goldy and Tarrant. Is the arse of our team going to fall out of our pants in 2 years time? How much longevity is in our 28ish year old players? If Ziebell and Cunnington don't have much gas left past 30.

I mean, it seems like a stupid scenario on face value, Brown has been kicking a good chunk of goals, he has value to us obviously. However, if we can't address what have been a decade long problem with inconsistency, poor development and lack of opportunity for younger players then let the train of disappointment just chug off towards the next stop.

Nobody saw Larkey or Zurhaar being the players they are today and they got to where they have via mediocre development across the club. What can we do with McKay or Xerri with some good development? We have players like Walker, Taylor and Scott who should be seen as exciting forward prospects.

I think LDU and Thomas will make our midfield very exciting, imagine adding picks 5, 8 and 9 with elite mids and then having all these kids just a handful of years between them, would give us potentially a long period of time to have more than just a one or two year spurt before the team falls apart with retirement.

I am not sure if it is the drugs talking or not, but if Brown was happy to move then I would consider it. If we are happy to put Wood on the table for a second round pick then Shirley Brown would be expendable for pick 5 and 9. I think if we opened up the forward 50 and kicked it to Wood as often as we kick it to Brown currently, I am not sure we would be that far off. If you can kick 21 goals from fu** all supply, how many more would he kick if we actually bombed it to him all the time. Brown gets a lot of his goals from free kicks, it is not like he is Wayne Carey.

I think the talent pool we have between 19-21 is the strongest concentration of talent we have and that group hasn't been f’ed over by a decade of s**t coaching. I think our squad is good enough to play finals. Is it good enough to win a flag? We haven't played with the consistency required, don't know if Shaw can fix our problems in the short-term but we have lost Thompson and Wright, we have a fairly narrow window with Higgins, Goldy and Tarrant. Is the arse of our team going to fall out of our pants in 2 years time? How much longevity is in our 28ish year old players? If Ziebell and Cunnington don't have much gas left past 30.

I mean, it seems like a stupid scenario on face value, Brown has been kicking a good chunk of goals, he has value to us obviously. However, if we can't address what have been a decade long problem with inconsistency, poor development and lack of opportunity for younger players then let the train of disappointment just chug off towards the next stop.

Nobody saw Larkey or Zurhaar being the players they are today and they got to where they have via mediocre development across the club. What can we do with McKay or Xerri with some good development? We have players like Walker, Taylor and Scott who should be seen as exciting forward prospects.

I think LDU and Thomas will make our midfield very exciting, imagine adding picks 5, 8 and 9 with elite mids and then having all these kids just a handful of years between them, would give us potentially a long period of time to have more than just a one or two year spurt before the team falls apart with retirement.

It’s definitely the drugs

I am not sure if it is the drugs talking or not, but if Brown was happy to move then I would consider it. If we are happy to put Wood on the table for a second round pick then Shirley Brown would be expendable for pick 5 and 9. I think if we opened up the forward 50 and kicked it to Wood as often as we kick it to Brown currently, I am not sure we would be that far off. If you can kick 21 goals from fu** all supply, how many more would he kick if we actually bombed it to him all the time. Brown gets a lot of his goals from free kicks, it is not like he is Wayne Carey.

I think the talent pool we have between 19-21 is the strongest concentration of talent we have and that group hasn't been f’ed over by a decade of s**t coaching. I think our squad is good enough to play finals. Is it good enough to win a flag? We haven't played with the consistency required, don't know if Shaw can fix our problems in the short-term but we have lost Thompson and Wright, we have a fairly narrow window with Higgins, Goldy and Tarrant. Is the arse of our team going to fall out of our pants in 2 years time? How much longevity is in our 28ish year old players? If Ziebell and Cunnington don't have much gas left past 30.

Would be bold, three top ten picks could be the makings of a premiership team, but with our current development I expect those three top ten picks would be wasted.

Imagine 3 of Young, Stephens, Ash, Jackson and Kemp on the list with TT, WW, LDU, Scott, Larkey, Zurhaar etc.

We aren’t going to win a flag in the next 3 years (feel free to give it to me if I’m wrong, as I’ll take it with a smile). The trade sets us up for 3-5 years away

BBB at 27 for 2 firsts is fair. It won’t happen. But it’s fair

Imagine 3 of Young, Stephens, Ash, Jackson and Kemp on the list with TT, WW, LDU, Scott, Larkey, Zurhaar etc.

We aren’t going to win a flag in the next 3 years (feel free to give it to me if I’m wrong, as I’ll take it with a smile). The trade sets us up for 3-5 years away

BBB at 27 for 2 firsts is fair. It won’t happen. But it’s fair

We don’t even have a list manager in place to make any calls. Forget about it.

100% agree.

It would be bold and provide a real boost to our long term prospects.

McKay could have a whole year in the forward line to see how he goes, or Maj potentially. Plus Larkey and Wood and it wouldn’t be all doom and gloom.

But it will never happen so it’s a pointless arguement.

You're over-thinking it.

He's the most consistent Full Forward in the league and in the prime of his career. You don't let those go.

Now, if he was 32 and we were miles off flag contention I'd think about it. But not now. No matter how many picks we'd get in return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back