List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind this deal, if you are backing any club to have a s**t season then the dees are the best bet.

Still a fair amount to play out with the trade deadline today and live trading but the club have a plan and are trying something different.

Carlton still searching for solution to Tom Papley, Jack Martin deals as trade deadline approaches

Sam Edmund, Herald Sun
October 15, 2019 6:05pm

Carlton will go into the final day of the trade period still searching for ways to unlock the Tom Papley and Jack Martin deals.

Talks involving the Blues, Gold Coast and Sydney started more than a week ago with the Blues proposing pick nine for Papley in a trade that would see them get the Swans’ pick 25, which would then be on-traded to the Suns.

But that scenario hasn’t progressed.
similars

Carlton has also offered a future second round pick for Martin, but that has so far been rejected by Gold Coast.

Gold Coast wants a first-round pick in the Jack Martin deal. The Suns have been consistent in their demands of having Carlton’s first-round pick involved in the exchange.

“Carlton are tied up in a few other things, but I’m hoping to see a bit of movement on Jack … it’s a little more complex that one,” Gold Coast list manager Craig Cameron told SEN.

“We’d like a little bit more than the future second-round pick, we’d like something that involves a first-round pick.”

Sources close to the deal said an early second-round pick would most likely be enough to sway the Suns, but the Blues’ next pick after 9 doesn’t come until No. 43.

Carlton has been trying to source a pick in the 20s for Martin amid a variety of options and scenarios being explored.

Splitting pick 9 for two picks in the teens has also been an option for the Blues.

Martin’s move to the Blues can still happen if the Swans don’t relent on the contracted Papley, but the pair are tied in a sense given Carlton is trying to secure both at the same time.

Anyone else enjoying North sitting back and and playing the shrewd, quiet bloke at the poker table?

Looking forward to more bargains today.

Very happy with the Melb pick swap deal. Gives us currency to maneuver next year be that players or picks.

26/27 looks a good spot to pick from this years pool and id be tempted to try and get Port's #29 as well. I expect them to trade it as it seems to sit in a poor position and likely will be forced into points for a Mead bid match if they keep it.

They have a nice array of points picks beyond that so Port trading 29 for a 2020 2R would make sense and considering we have 2 firsts next year we can spare a 2nd.

Melb 2020 1st rounder will prob drop from pick 8 to pick 12
Pick 12 to pick 18
Pick 18 to pick 27
With academy picks/ father son
Only hope is clubs with academy picks hold back in picking another clubs player to avoid revenge

Would have been happier to offer Melb pick 8 pick 27 and next years second round for pick 3
Who knows? Who cares? It's over.
You have zero power to fix anything.
Just enjoy what you have or stay away.
All we need is just beating Demons next year. Sooooo excited to see they cry.

Very happy with the Melb pick swap deal. Gives us currency to maneuver next year be that players or picks.

26/27 looks a good spot to pick from this years pool and id be tempted to try and get Port's #29 as well. I expect them to trade it as it seems to sit in a poor position and likely will be forced into points for a Mead bid match if they keep it.

They have a nice array of points picks beyond that so Port trading 29 for a 2020 2R would make sense and considering we have 2 firsts next year we can spare a 2nd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would do well at the Cattery being spoon fed out the back, but will go missing like half their team does at the MCG.

I can't see how Skilled Stadium is going to do him any favors.

No suitors for Scharenberg at the moment.

Collingwood could be giving away players WITH draft picks by the end of the day.
That’s the way I have interpreted the pies. Playing the waiting game for better picks hasn’t worked. Freo worked them out via Aish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back