List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Bonar isn’t replacing any best 22 player at the moment.

The hope is that we can develop him over the next couple of years so that he can.
If he's fit he'll be playing round 1.

Midfield rotation.

I wouldn’t have thought he’s be in for round one but if he hits top form at the right time then I wouldn’t rule it out.

We need 30 players pushing for best 22 so the words ‘if fit’ are critical next year after years of poor injury lists.

I’m hoping him being around pushes LDU next lvl and in turn creates a real competitiveness in that group so they all push really hard with a few unlucky early!!

Bonar could alternatively push Turner out I guess and get some ‘small’ forward minutes and rotate in the middle while he builds the tank.

A healthy list is all I ask

Anderson vs Bonar for the final rotation

Preseason form to dictate

You serious?

Jed has shown more at the top level than Bonar has shown at NEAFL level and it isn’t even close, I actually think he may cover Jacobs as I think unfortunately it will be highly unlikely we will see him on the park again. Not based on anything other than I can’t see this issue magically fixing and even if it does there is a significant risk to his long term health

I even think his skill set might translate into a Judas Gibson type in the backline

You serious?

Jed has shown more at the top level than Bonar has shown at NEAFL level and it isn’t even close, I actually think he may cover Jacobs as I think unfortunately it will be highly unlikely we will see him on the park again. Not based on anything other than I can’t see this issue magically fixing and even if it does there is a significant risk to his long term health

I even think his skill set might translate into a Judas Gibson type in the backline
100% serious
Bonar provides something different. Have no preference and form will no doubt dictate

Could see him trialled on a wing also

100% serious
Bonar provides something different. Have no preference and form will no doubt dictate

Could see him trialled on a wing also
Bonar on a wing is silly when the knock on him is fitness.
Wood gets a shot there first, as does BScott.

I don't see Bonar in the 22 for round 1 if everyone is fit, which is fine, hopefully he can tear it up in the VFL and give the squad some impetus to push themselves lest they end up on the outer. (Also I'd like to see Higgins move forward eventually so LDU can shine)

You serious?

Unfortunately, I think he is.

It appears he's recovered from his trade week breakdown and is back supercoaching with zeal again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Keays has been delisted by Brisbane, worth a look? Was a great junior and dominated the NEAFL.

He’s a goer. Lacks the polish of some of Brissie’s more recent acquisitions but runs all day and can do a job. Doubt we’ll pick him up but (as he’s one of my close mate’s son) I do hope he gets another crack at it. GC could do worse than grabbing him.

You know it helps to back up a claim with as to WHY that's true.

Otherwise you're just throwing out stuff hoping to hook a fish for replies.

Oh not any inner scrote info or anything. But based on the fact that:

1) He wasn't best 22 at the giants (or even close really)
2) Modest NEAFL numbers
3) Only 20

It's a pretty safe bet.

NOT to say that he wasn't a good speculative trade however.

Oh not any inner scrote info or anything. But based on the fact that:

1) He wasn't best 22 at the giants (or even close really)
2) Modest NEAFL numbers
3) Only 20

It's a pretty safe bet.

NOT to say that he wasn't a good speculative trade however.

He'll get a game or two, depends where the season is at.

He’s a goer. Lacks the polish of some of Brissie’s more recent acquisitions but runs all day and can do a job. Doubt we’ll pick him up but (as he’s one of my close mate’s son) I do hope he gets another crack at it. GC could do worse than grabbing him.
How's his tackling? I was a big fan in his draft year, but obviously size is the big knock on him. Could he be plugged in as a pressure small forward?

Probably not even worth sharing as this is a friend of a friends information however my friend told a group of us that his info on Daniher, which could be fully public as far as I know, was;

Daniher was on his second strike and struggling with a cocain problem and related personal issues, not just his body. The story being that his close family had been the ones shopping him to Sydney to get away from the people he is around - not other * players.

They/ he looking for a fresh start and out of the Melbourne media bubble.

Apparently it’s well know in some circles and at his club.

I have no reason to believe this and his uncle came out against the move which doesn’t add up but that’s a story that was told to my group.

If that was true - you’d hope the club would be taking care of him.

Probably total gossip crap....

I’ve not heard any of this but his dealer is a friendly chap 🤣

I’m sure a lot will depend on his pre season / JLT form
I’m interested to see what plans Rhyce has for him
I wouldn’t be writing him off for 2019 by any stretch

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd like this approach taken with the entire team.

Everything depends on preseason.

All positions open.

We hit round 1 with the best performed 22 over the preseason.

I want to see some pretty hard lines drawn next season.

I haven't seen enough of Bonar in recent times to make any conclusions as to where he will play in round 1, or how many senior games he will play next year, but as with every other player on our list, I certainly hope he's going well enough to play every AFL game next year.

Probably not even worth sharing as this is a friend of a friends information however my friend told a group of us that his info on Daniher, which could be fully public as far as I know, was;

Daniher was on his second strike and struggling with a cocain problem and related personal issues, not just his body. The story being that his close family had been the ones shopping him to Sydney to get away from the people he is around - not other * players.

They/ he looking for a fresh start and out of the Melbourne media bubble.

Apparently it’s well know in some circles and at his club.

I have no reason to believe this and his uncle came out against the move which doesn’t add up but that’s a story that was told to my group.

If that was true - you’d hope the club would be taking care of him.

Probably total gossip crap....

Nah, heard as much - albeit not the second strike detail - from someone who has been out with Joe and seen it first hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back