List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely we are not contemplating delisted free agents? We currently have 3 spots on the list with 2 second round picks plus 2 third round picks that can be potentially live traded up to a single higher pick from a club who needs to fill a few list spots and/or have blown a few later pick points on an academy/father-son selections.

Hopefully Tom McKenzie gets another contract as others with insights to his ability as a junior are bullish about him and he's been injured most of the year. Plus it sounds like last year's draft was better than this year's one in terms of quality. He doesn't sound like a Max Warren or Will Fordham.

We need more Cam Zurhaars and Nick Larkeys and not resort to dredging up Lance Picioanes and Kasey Greens.
Sure there's been a lot of misses in selecting delisted free agents, but....

Jarryd Lyons was by Brisbane as a DFA last year, and he finished fourth in the B & F of side that finished second on the ladder.

Ricky Henderson was picked by hawthorn as a DFA and has averaged 20 games a year.

Joel Hamling was a DFA after three years at Geelong for zero games, then played in a premiership.

Mitch Robinson has been great for Brisbane as a DFA after being dumped by Carlton for being Mitch Robinson.

I say you take a look at who is available, regardless of their status, and if you think they'll add to your side, go for it. In fact, they're probably more of a safe bet than a draftee, given you know what you are getting.

All good points, but it doesn't hurt to discuss the merit of some unlucky DFA's on the minuscule chance we pick one up.
Sure there's been a lot of misses in selecting delisted free agents, but....

Jarryd Lyons was by Brisbane as a DFA last year, and he finished fourth in the B & F of side that finished second on the ladder.

Ricky Henderson was picked by hawthorn as a DFA and has averaged 20 games a year.

Joel Hamling was a DFA after three years at Geelong for zero games, then played in a premiership.

Mitch Robinson has been great for Brisbane as a DFA after being dumped by Carlton for being Mitch Robinson.

I say you take a look at who is available, regardless of their status, and if you think they'll add to your side, go for it. In fact, they're probably more of a safe bet than a draftee, given you know what you are getting.

That's fine. I just think if we had half a dozen list spots with a couple of fifth and sixth round picks and we are in a premiership window or bolstering a young list then the DFA way would be fine. Card carrying member of the R. Nahas fan club here but the number of list spots and our reasonable draft pick spots means we should just pick 3 kids rather than get a DFA.

Before anyone says we should look at Kennedy Harris............

The kid has ability but was smashed by injury.

I'd certainly offer him a VFL spot to see how he goes under our regime.

^when there is a easy cheap way to fill a need with an experienced player you have to consider it

Both those lads can play, 1 a premiership KPD only 3 years ago
McMillan is cheap

Couple of KPD we could rookie like Walker or Fletcher Roberts
We have 4 list spots open
Zurhaar needs upgrading so that leaves 3.
Afl rules state we have to take 3 draftees each year.
Which leaves the main list full.
not sure how many rookie spots we have free.
But i think its unlikely we would take trash like those 2.
my 2c

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, heard as much - albeit not the second strike detail - from someone who has been out with Joe and seen it first hand.
Even when bent over, snorting off the toilet seat you can still see the gangly giraffe above the toilet cubicle doors.

Macmillan fills a role if you want a defender that can’t defend or tackle

Maybe in th edfl

Averages more tackles than James Sicily, Easton Wood, Shannon Hurn, Nick Haynes, Ben Stratton, Michael Hibberd, Connor McKenna, Jeremy McGovern, Jarrard Harbrow, Alex Keath, Jasper Pittard, Marley Williams, Tom Stewart, Luke Hodge, Adam Kennedy, Daniel Rich and Rory Laird.

If making you look stupid was an Olympic sport, then I would be world champion.

Averages more tackles than James Sicily, Easton Wood, Shannon Hurn, Nick Haynes, Ben Stratton, Michael Hibberd, Connor McKenna, Jeremy McGovern, Jarrard Harbrow, Alex Keath, Jasper Pittard, Marley Williams, Tom Stewart, Luke Hodge, Adam Kennedy, Daniel Rich and Rory Laird.

If you genuinely think Macmillan can tackle then the only thing you are world champion in is being the most delusional alive

If making him look stupid was an Olympic sport, there would be so many champions that there's not enough gold in the world to mint all the medals.

If you genuinely think Macmillan can tackle then the only thing you are world champion in is being the most delusional alive

You analyse football like an 8 year old child.

Lol you can’t even understand the basics teffy

You're the one claiming that the entire football world is hallucinating yet I don't understand "basics"?

You have repetitively waffled on with so much over the top bullshit that your opinions are automatically dismissed as ridiculous.

If you were to show a shred of balance and state that MacMillan is not a "good" tackler, then you would find agreement, but to carry on like an arsehat making claims that he "can't" tackle or that someone is clueless to believe he "can" tackle, are the musings of a complete moron.

Of course, he can tackle, he executed 40 of the things last year.

You are so invested in your cooked supercoach echo chamber that you cannot see the forest for the trees.

Stop posting like an 8 year old kid and people might start giving your opinions more credence.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back