List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We should just move on from this - port are pricks to trade with.
They’ll want our first and tarryn for him
Tarryn to South Australia is such a weird move, but I've seen it brought up a few times by Crow's posters.

I must say, I have no idea about Howard, what position he plays or how good he is. Absolutely none, so I will leave it to the others. Other than to say, any time a contracted player chooses North (if in fact he does), it's not a bad sign.

I must say, I have no idea about Howard, what position he plays or how good he is. Absolutely none, so I will leave it to the others. Other than to say, any time a contracted player chooses North (if in fact he does), it's not a bad sign.
Depends who you ask tbh.

Port fans rank him nearly as highly as Harris Andrews (including trade value), with his stats as a defender being up around that mark for a decent part of 2019. Was thrown forward out of necessity and really struggled, was dropped and wasn't brought back in to the main squad, even after the 90 point drubbing.

Is young at 23, quick, good leadership, reportedly good character, contracted and has shown strong glimpses over the last 2 years from the brief times I've watched him.

Trade value is difficult to determine, I suggested on the trades board that Dumont and a second is overs, which was met with strong resistance from Port posters. A mid to late first rounder is my guess.

Depends who you ask tbh.

Port fans rank him nearly as highly as Harris Andrews (including trade value), with his stats as a defender being up around that mark for a decent part of 2019. Was thrown forward out of necessity and really struggled, was dropped and wasn't brought back in to the main squad, even after the 90 point drubbing.

Is young at 23, quick, good leadership, reportedly good character, contracted and has shown strong glimpses over the last 2 years from the brief times I've watched him.

Trade value is difficult to determine, I suggested on the trades board that Dumont and a second is overs, which was met with strong resistance from Port posters. A mid to late first rounder is my guess.
Sounds like Dumont in a straight swap, with some late picks swaps

We should just move on from this - port are pricks to trade with.
They’ll want our first and tarryn for him

We literally bent them over less than a year ago.

hmmm, we rate Froggy highly, IMO it's one of the reason we're happy to move Wood on, other preferred options fwd and our wings are set.
Interesting, so what does that mean for our defensive targets and Papley news?

Depends who you ask tbh.

I think we all value our own players more at trade time if it is a chance they will leave. I would not be taking to much notice of what Port fans think he is worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no, i have a more devastatingly offense ploy that i learned from the south african cricket fans (picture of sonny bill wiliams to p**s off warner as his wife once did a p.diddy in the toilet of a nightclub

Am confused I gather a " p.diddy " is cockney rhyming slang for a skiddy, well let's be honest am sure most of us are guilty of that at some stage.

We literally bent them over less than a year ago.

In hindsight we did but they wanted jasper gone so it was a free hit for us.

hmmm, we rate Froggy highly, IMO it's one of the reason we're happy to move Wood on, other preferred options fwd and our wings are set.

I think he could be a Matt crouch / Merrett type mid has great vision and good decision maker

Interesting, so what does that mean for our defensive targets and Papley news?

Papley is what we lack, so of course we'd have an interest, but again, like it or not we haven't smelt of roses for a while. So we could dip out. Other preferred fwd options are already at NMFC; Zurhaar, Garner, Walker and my man Hosie. Maybe not Hosie but yeah he's another.
The likes of Zurhaar, Larkey have ended Wood's time with us I reckon.

And again I don't get a lot of news on trades, more the other side of the business, which is similar to what I do ( multi million dollar contracts/people management, i have offered my services when dealing with Pickering, *en would love it ). I've a real interest in it. I will add we've tightened up and not much is slipping through and that's a good thing.

Papley is what we lack, so of course we'd have an interest, but again, like it or not we haven't smelt of roses for a while. So we could dip out. Other preferred fwd options are already at NMFC; Zurhaar, Garner, Walker and my man Hosie. Maybe not Hosie but yeah he's another.
The likes of Zurhaar, Larkey have ended Wood's time with us I reckon.

And again I don't get a lot of news on trades, more the other side of the business, which is similar to what I do ( multi million dollar contracts/people management, i have offered my services when dealing with Pickering, fu**en would love it ). I've a real interest in it. I will add we've tightened up and not much is slipping through and that's a good thing.
Good to hear mate.

Sounds like you're doing well for yourself and enjoying your job, congrats.

Good to hear mate.

Sounds like you're doing well for yourself and enjoying your job, congrats.

yeah I'm lucky and no one is more ******* surprised than me that I'm professionally employed. With my negotiated year 10 pass and all. HR have expanded tenfold since I ******* arrived. Not sure why:p

Little hypothetical question here.

If North acquired Toby Greene for a reasonable trade, how would you feel?

Personally, I think he is a superstar player, with a real hot head, hence the interesting tribunal history. Would North be able to clean up his attitude, and get him to focus on his game? One player who springs to mind is Jarrad Waite, who previously had a terrible suspension history, however for the most part, we got the best out of him. I know people are gonna mock this concept, but I figured it would be a fun hypothetical scenario.

If Greene was a North man I'd go to bat for him any day of the week he's that good.

Sam Gibson had rubbish disposal. Polec not so much, Polly racks up his turnovers by trying longer more difficult targets, doesnt miss the bread and butter ones whilst gibbo would miss 20m short passes. Polec is a massive upgrade on Gibson, no doubt whatsoever. Literally chalk and cheese

Disagree but anyway.

Just noticed - what Tas said is pretty spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back