2020 AFLW R1 vs WC (Sun 9 Feb 1.10pm @ VICTORIA PARK) - 'pies open 2020 with a win! Coll 5.8 38 WC 1.5 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Game day. :D

Fourth AFLW season. Please let us start this one with a win.

Also our first ever round 1 at Vic Park, so what's not to like? Gotta be better than playing Carlton 'at home' at Princes Park, as we did in round 1 2017.

Let's go girls. Build on our VFLW success.

Ins and outs from our win against BL at VicPark in R7 last season.

Of the outs only Guttridge isn't on our 2020 list, which makes a welcome change even if we've also lost to other sides Ross (signed by Rich), Whitford (drafted by Rich) and Kuys (StKilda delisted free agent) who weren't selected in that win. We re-drafted Membrey after delisting her, so who knows if the same was being considered for Whitford.

In: 2. Molloy, 3. Davey, 9. Porter, 14. Sheridan, 15. Fowler, 24. Alexander, 21. Membrey, 24. Alexander
Out: 5. Grant (inj.), 11. Hynes, 16. Lynch, 18. Schleicher (inj.), 32. Gourlay, 34. Guttridge (StKilda AFLW), 41. Stratton

Last edited:
Nice day for footy. A few in the ground already, I got mistaken for an official as I walked past. Not sure what role they thought I had?

I've decided to go today and support the team. If we're serious then this should be a comfortable win that gives us a nice percentage to start the year. But I am nervous about how well we'll convert chances into goals.
I was in two minds, but a new year hopefully brings improved performances. I’d take a win and a clear game plan today.

Just got here. Wow! This is the most effort I’ve seen yet from the club, for an AFLW game. Food trucks, music pumping, lots of club officials, bouncing something (castle), merch stall, and the crowd is building. Well done to the club.

West Coast girls are warming up in front of me. Geez, they’ve got some big girls. The word ‘intimidating’ comes to mind. I hope that’s not the case.

Davey, Lambert, Bonnici and Layton in our engine room. Plenty of go right there at the coal face where it matters. We've always done the physical stuff well. I hope we can get some skill to mix in with Brazill, Molloy, D'Arcy and Allen so we can create scoring opportunities too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies room back under the Ryder Stand, they (& our VFL side) and recently used the Sherrin Stand.

We got federal funding to update the women’s facilities. $2m I think - and NOT part of the recent Sports Rort Program! Must have used it on the old senior team change rooms under the Ryder.

Still lacking forward structure, hopefully just a symptom of putting numbers behind to restrict scoring with WC having a 3 goal breeze. I like that we’re running the footy more.

West Coast girls are warming up in front of me. Geez, they’ve got some big girls. The word ‘intimidating’ comes to mind. I hope that’s not the case.
Good call, WC making their tackles stick and hurt including dumping players late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back