Injury 2020 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So both injuries to happen to be "1-2 weeks" hey?

Anchormanidontbeleiveyou.gif
I reckon both will be rushed back.

Would be interesting to see what we would do if both Lycett and Dixon were out.

Could see us playing Ladhams in the ruck after a few weeks of not playing any footy, and then having Hoff up forward and backing up in the ruck.

I reckon both will be rushed back.

Would be interesting to see what we would do if both Lycett and Dixon were out.

Could see us playing Ladhams in the ruck after a few weeks of not playing any footy, and then having Hoff up forward and backing up in the ruck.
There is no replacement for Dixon, is there? That's the issue. I can easily see Hinkley picking Ladhams for Lycett, no problem, but who would play as the main target in Dixon's place? Having Westhoff exclusively in the forward line doesn't allow us to take advantage of his best qualities.

I have the impression that the best solution would be playing two ruckmen. Todd, Mitch, and Hayes (or Ladhams, if Lycett is fit) would be the three forward talls - Kenny's "triple threat." However, I don't see us doing this in anyway whatsoever.

Last edited:
With just over a week to round 1, Dixon and Ladhams being named as 1-2 weeks is somewhat concerning.

Could we play both Hayes and Ladhams if both Dixon and Lycett don’t come up.
Isn't this why we got buzza? If Dixon is out wouldn't the big buzweiser come in?
I wouldn't play either if there is any doubt so early in the season.

The only thing Buzza should be doing this year is coming up with elaborate schemes to catch the Roadrunner.

With just over a week to round 1, Dixon and Ladhams being named as 1-2 weeks is somewhat concerning.

Could we play both Hayes and Ladhams if both Dixon and Lycett don’t come up.
Rucci said this morning on Radio that the injury list on the AFL website is not a report from the club but more just what the AFL journos “believe” to be the case. Rucci said he made some calls to the club and they are confident Dixon will play but Lycetts availability is a little more uncertain.

Rucci said this morning on Radio that the injury list on the AFL website is not a report from the club but more just what the AFL journos “believe” to be the case. Rucci said he made some calls to the club and they are confident Dixon will play but Lycetts availability is a little more uncertain.

Lycett is more replaceable. I'd be more comfortable slotting Ladhams into Lycett's place than trying to rejig the forward line without Dixon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COVID-19 is evolving so quickly that by this time next week, there's a good chance the AFL season will be cancelled.
Just imagine those poor buggers for which this was to be their last season and pretty shitty timing for our club with Dixon having had a full and excellent pre season plus all of our 150 th celebrations etc.

There is no replacement for Dixon, is there? That's the issue. I can easily see Hinkley picking Ladhams for Lycett, no problem, but who would play as the main target in Dixon's place? Having Westhoff exclusively in the forward line doesn't allow us to take advantage of his best qualities.

I have the impression that the best solution would be playing two ruckmen. Todd, Mitch, and Hayes (or Ladhams, if Lycett is fit) would be the three forward talls - Kenny's "triple threat." However, I don't see us doing this in anyway whatsoever.

We're flimsy. We could be a great side if everything was perfect but that doesn't happen. West coast won there premiership recently without gaff and nic nat and as much as I hate that team you have to say it was truly theirs.

I can see the best in this team but we already gave no Wines and no Watts. I just dont believe Hinkley can deal with no Charlie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back