List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Cerra isn't the type you push out for draft picks. Quality inside mids with skills and size aren't common. If McDonald had two years with exposed AFL form then it would be a different conversation.
What if Cerra refuses to sign for another two years.

Having a player out of contract is a nightmare.

We would end up with draft picks anyway.

If nothing other than Hogan occurs we could offer him a four year extension to free agency with an immediate $650,000 bonus in the first year. That will get the signature.

You could split the Hogan money between Brayshaw and Cerra, sign them both for four years to free agency and give each $300,000 extra in 2021.

Both would then be signed for five seasons.

...and people would still expect Cerra to leave.

If nothing other than Hogan occurs we could offer him a four year extension to free agency with an immediate $650,000 bonus in the first year. That will get the signature.

You could split the Hogan money between Brayshaw and Cerra, sign them both for four years to free agency and give each $300,000 extra in 2021.

Both would then be signed for five seasons.

...and people would still expect Cerra to leave.
I agree.

Put a four contract on a great money for both.

My point is Cerra wants to go, you need to cash in while he is in contract.

The club should expect Cerra and Brayshaw to commit to at least another 2 years.

If they don't, I rather get on the front foot and get something value back.

I agree.

Put a four contract on a great money for both.

My point is Cerra wants to go, you need to cash in while he is in contract.

The club should expect Cerra and Brayshaw to commit to at least another 2 years.

If they don't, I rather get on the front foot and get something value back.

If Freo does that then we don't get value back by suggesting Cerra's manager go look for a deal with someone else.

Look... I’m sure the club knows his intentions and if he is in trade discussions it is because he future intention is to get back to Melbourne- same goes for Brayshaw.
They are both out of contract at the end of next year - as is Tucker.
You gotta give up something to get something- and we clearly need a developing KPF.
Could f..k us in the arse but could also be bringing forward to inevitable and give us real value.
I would only do something like this if we could get a kid from WA back like a Clark - who I reckon is projecting as good as Cerra in a position of greater need.
Cue the abuse......

Look... I’m sure the club knows his intentions and if he is in trade discussions it is because he future intention is to get back to Melbourne- same goes for Brayshaw.
You gotta give up something to get something- and we clearly need a developing KPF.
Could f..k us in the arse but could also be bringing forward to inevitable and give us real value.
I would only do something like this if we could get a kid from WA back like a Clark - who I reckon is projecting as good as Cerra in a position of greater need.
Cue the abuse......
While our KOF depth chart is shallow, I dont think we need to make a drastic trade to immediately bring in a new KPF.

I would be happy for us to go to the draft with our picks. Sure we could make a sensible trade if a decent player is actually intetested. But I dont think we should force anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was North Melbourne I would want more.
Likewise.

Something like #12, #31, 2021st 1st and Schultz for #2 and #70

Our draft hand would become #2, (whatever we can get for Hogan), #103
Their hand would be #11, #12, #27, #31, #62

And I expect they would on trade our 2021 1st for Essendon's pick #6, #7 or #8

Cue the abuse......
He is not in trade discussions. Was an idea from a nuffie caller to get pick two.
Nothing more, move on.

Likewise.

Something like #12, #31, 2021st 1st and Schultz for #2 and #70

Our draft hand would become #2, (whatever we can get for Hogan), #103
Their hand would be #11, #12, #27, #31, #62

And I expect they would on trade our 2021 1st for Essendon's pick #6, #7 or #8
We would want to be getting in a gun free agent in 2021 for this to make sense to us though.

Why isn't Mihocek 100% locked in yet. It's only the media reporting it so far I think?

Help us Mihocek your our only help!
The pies want to be careful they don’t drag their feet on this one too long.
second next year be enough you’d think so they have points in the bank.
Would be relatively cheap, and a good stop-gap while a draftee develops

Which one of you just rang up and suggested we swap Cerra for pick 2?
Yuk!
If only we had another mid to give, perhaps one with a link to North Melbourne :moustache: :'(:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back