List Mgmt. 2020 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dow, Cunningham and (to a lesser extent Martin) are the only 3 on our list who have shown a capability of breaking away from the centre at top pace and opening up an opportunity for goal. I can’t recall Martin actually doing this yet, but I can see that the capability is there.

If (and it’s a huge if) Dow had nailed at least half of his shots on goal, his highlight package would be unbelievable.

We desperately need one of these types in our midfield mix. Once one of them steps up and nails the kicking aspect... we look incredibly dangerous.

I’d ask you to switch on the first qtr of Rd 1 2019. Dow looked incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah at the moment Dow is a bit of a Happy Gilmore. He has an absolute weapon to his game which few other players have: his explosive ability to break away from contests. It's just if he's not in that situation then he's pretty much a liability at everything else.

To bring him back in the team he needs to at the very least build his tank up so he can press and tackle and chase. At the moment he doesn't do the basics well enough. I think the VFL is the right place to develop that though. No rush. it took Cuningham 5 years to become an AFL level midfielder.

If it isn't late this year then it must be for round 1 next year that Jack or Stoker take over Ed Curnows spot in the team.

As good as hes been we're not developing with him there.

By using Jack or Liam in that role who are both very smart and accountable it opens a spot in the 22 for someone like a Stoker himself, Dow, Honey, LOB, Kemp Philp more regularly

If it isn't late this year then it must be for round 1 next year that Jack or Stoker take over Ed Curnows spot in the team.

By using Jack or Liam in that role who are both very smart and accountable it opens a spot in the 22 for someone like a Stoker himself, Dow, Honey, LOB, Kemp Philp more regularly
100% agree Ed doesn't bring anything to the team unless he does a 100% lockdown role and if he is in our starting 18 we are along way off it tbh
I have the same view with plowmen I'm just don't rate him

View attachment 907983
Kelly, Vlaustin, Laird and Merrett would all be getting a ring id hope
Zorko, Hewitt, Grey, Merritt, Laird, Smith, M. Crouch, Billings, Parker, Sheed, Bont, Kelly.

Outside of that, not interested.

Zorko, Billings, Bont, Kelly would be ******* huge gets. Merrit, Crouch, Smith, would be next tier. Parker, Sheed, Laird more around what's believable.

It's disappointing that Jack hasn't been tried more in that role since his job on Fyfe in the Freo game. He seems a perfect fit.

Marchbank and McKay for
Papley and Parker
Would you do it
Would Syd do
Is it doable
I'd happily throw in this yrs and next yrs first
Am I dreaming 😴🤤

So let me get this straight. You're proposing McKay, Marchbank and 2 first round picks for Papley and Parker?

Come on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why! Marchbank is not worth much and McKay would only be on potential
Papley and Parker and consistent stars

I wasn't even factoring in Marchbank who would hold next to no value at the moment.

Harry is a key part of our side going forward, we're not trading him AND two first round picks for a 28 year old and a player we'll hopefully be able to get via other means.

It'd be up there with the most absurd trades you'll ever see if we pulled the trigger.

Why! Marchbank is not worth much and McKay would only be on potential
Papley and Parker and consistent stars

Why would we trade KPF when half of our KPF are injured?

We spent 4 years with McKay and seen how good he could be, why would we throw that away?

Marchbank and McKay for
Papley and Parker
Would you do it
Would Syd do
Is it doable
I'd happily throw in this yrs and next yrs first
Am I dreaming 😴🤤
interesting scenario but i doubt they would want to lose two class players although they have a need for a mckay type. for us both would be great fits but how old is parker though?

Last edited:
interesting scenario but i doubt they would want to lose two class players although they have a need for a mckay type. for us both would be great fits but how old is parker though?

Parker is 27, turning 28 before the end of this year.
While I’m not saying the trade as described is one I’d pursue, Parker is just the type of player we need. Courageous, uncompromising, tough.
Probably at or past his peak re output on the field, but the elusive “cultural” boost would more than offset that - in my opinion at least.
Doubt Sydney would let him go as he is a co-captain.

Parker is 27, turning 28 before the end of this year.
While I’m not saying the trade as described is one I’d pursue, Parker is just the type of player we need. Courageous, uncompromising, tough.
Probably at or past his peak re output on the field, but the elusive “cultural” boost would more than offset that - in my opinion at least.
Doubt Sydney would let him go as he is a co-captain.
They would be great for us but that trade would leave us without a genuine FF. They aren’t easy to find so can’t see us trading McKay even though I’m unsure how good he will become as I find his attitude a bit questionable.

Reckon Geelong will be after CCurnow.

Plenty of players there, that are on the way out and plenty of gaps will appear. Come the start of next year -
Hawkins-32, Ablett-36, Henderson-31, Jenkins-32, Selwood-33, Taylor-34, Tuohy-31, Steven-31, Dangerfield-31, Blicas-30, Stanley-30

Some of these players will go this year and some the next and it's not as though they have ready made replacements for several of these guys.
They're going to have to come in from outside.

Cut a long story short - Geelong will be after talent and quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back