2020 Memberships Released

Remove this Banner Ad

NavyBlueBundleBanner.jpg
this looks pretty sweet - top initiative.........

you cool with that, 78?

I will be cooler when I catch up with membership department in person and they further raise their standards.
Last time I tried was attending VFL game on a Saturday early last year and finding out the bloody club is shut on such days.
Hope to find a way to be there on a week day next month and get them to fix their mistakes they been doing for years.
If they fix without me even needing to tell them then I know they really are cool now.

Any chance of a game being played at the Oakland Coliseum this season if I get a reserved seat ticket?

Tempted to go with the cap or beanie this year. Have too many scarves. The cap and beanie look pretty good too.

Also, my son is turning 1 in Feb. Should I go for the 0-1 pack or 2-5yo pack?
Got my son the baby blue pack last year, bit this year's comes with better stuff...a baby scarf,.some socks. Last year we only got a onesie

you're welcome

Processed my interstate memberships today over phone and told that only option for the interstate members next year for the choice item is the hat (so no choice) - no option to choose $20 shop voucher, and need to pay extra $15 for a scarf.

Can anyone else confirm they've been told the same thing? Certainly contrary the their website and seems pretty poor.

Processed my interstate memberships today over phone and told that only option for the interstate members next year for the choice item is the hat (so no choice) - no option to choose $20 shop voucher, and need to pay extra $15 for a scarf.

Can anyone else confirm they've been told the same thing? Certainly contrary the their website and seems pretty poor.

Only cap or scarf available for Interstate Members.

Call back and tell them it's on their website.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page ...

Only cap or scarf available for Interstate Members.

Call back and tell them it's on their website.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page ...

Thanks for pointing out the clarification. I note it's not actually a 'choice' but it does imply both cap and scarf are possibilities (no restrictions). I clarified with the club - what you get is dependent on your State, and WA will only be sent the cap (or need to pay extra $15 for a scarf).

In addition to Interstate memberships I also get a True Blue for my partner, which provides member choice of all options. Again though, it says that for interstate members an item will be sent out, and club confirmed this also can't be changed (again cap for WA).

It's not a huge deal, but would be nice to have variety when purchasing several - we never get to Melbourne, so we're purchasing just to show support. Poor choice to limit one of the only 'perks' for us.

That's not an every day jump
I wonder what's behind this 4K jump?

Like myself who didn’t want the forced “free” upgrade and adding an additional 4 people to our groups membership, we had to wait until the cutoff to keep seats from this year to confirm seats for next year. Looks like there were a few who did that, just finalised probably ten or so days ago.

Must say the membership dept did exactly as they said they would and called me back on the day they promised, well done to them. Great customer experience!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't know who works at Reception but I went in to the club to buy a couple of memberships last Friday with some family members and I was told to "get out" by a woman at the front desk as I was carrying a puppy who was not welcome on the premises. Pup was wearing a Blues jumper we had just purchased at the shop btw. Needless to say the club will be -2 memberships for the final tally as those family members no longer want a 2020 membership due to the embarrassment of the way we had been spoken to. I'm already renewed but unfortunately can't talk the other two around for next year. Is quite sad we copped that treatment from a staff member given the club offers doggie memberships, which we were also planning to purchase :(

20191124_183314.jpg

I don't know who works at Reception but I went in to the club to buy a couple of memberships last Friday with some family members and I was told to "get out" by a woman at the front desk as I was carrying a puppy who was not welcome on the premises. Pup was wearing a Blues jumper we had just purchased at the shop btw. Needless to say the club will be -2 memberships for the final tally as those family members no longer want a 2020 membership due to the embarrassment of the way we had been spoken to. I'm already renewed but unfortunately can't talk the other two around for next year. Is quite sad we copped that treatment from a staff member given the club offers doggie memberships, which we were also planning to purchase :(

View attachment 789101
"family members" don't sound too staunch - it's ordinary treatment though - complain to the club - tell them they lost 2 potential members - see what they say - did the person really use that sort of abrupt language? people can sign up their pet mongooses doesn't mean you want them wandering around the place.....

View attachment 789101
Disappointing, but don't let some person working at a front desk spoil your fun. If there is a 'no dog' policy, at least they should have the PR skills to explain it to the customer....it's not that hard.

Honestly, put it to the test....if your family is that aggrieved, try calling the club, and demand to be put through to Cain Liddle direct to discuss the situation, and how you've been treated by one of their employees.

Would he take the call, or potentially miss out on two full memberships and a woofer member.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"family members" don't sound too staunch - it's ordinary treatment though - complain to the club - tell them they lost 2 potential members - see what they say - did the person really use that sort of abrupt language? people can sign up their pet mongooses doesn't mean you want them wandering around the place.....

I certainly respect the "wandering around" issue which is why I was carrying him. My first question was to be "is he ok to be here while I buy him his membership?" Fully prepared to take him out again if not ok, however, it didn't get that far. Still just in the automatic door area and a finger pointed over my shoulder, back out the direction I came, and an abrupt instruction to leave immediately 😳

Disappointing, but don't let some person working at a front desk spoil your fun. If there is a 'no dog' policy, at least they should have the PR skills to explain it to the customer....it's not that hard.

Honestly, put it to the test....if your family is that aggrieved, try calling the club, and demand to be put through to Cain Liddle direct to discuss the situation, and how you've been treated by one of their employees.

Would he take the call, or potentially miss out on two full memberships and a woofer member.

All good points, cheers. Don't want to complain but is worth mentioning to them I think, so they work on the first point of contact a little better.

would someone run me through the mindset of a potential member who decides against committing because we changed list managers? how does that go?

I'll hypothesise for you.

Their membership may have been based on the unity the club projected, the change in culture that saw everyone pulling in the same direction, everybody with a role, everybody left to perform that role. They may have been inspired by the romance of a favourite son returning to undertake the toughest of rebuilds in club history. Their faith may have been based on knowing that person had the passion to put the club's future first and drew confidence from the assured way in which they spoke. They may have seen disunity rip the place apart in the past and are concerned that that same disunity surfacing at a time when we are poised to rise after a lot of painful years.

They may see their membership money as supporting the board or administration, and not just supporting the players on the field.

I don't want to cancel my membership but it crossed my mind for a little bit. I do not want the club to think that I support the way they handled this fiasco. I'm pretty annoyed about it to be honest, and it's not based on a messiah complex. It is based on where I thought we were at, and a sense of justice. The CEO just should not be going behind the list manager's back.

I've seen online comments about SOS mistakes, Deluca included. We are hearing that wasn't even his decision. SOS should be judged on his performance, but he may be getting judged on other people's performance as well and that is just wrong.

Memebership arrived this morning, very happy with the fold out cardboard gone, as that stuff was so hard to keep track of everything, nice little zipbag now... badges are gone which is a bit meh as I was collecting them since I signed up but cool to have the consecutive years listed on the front of the card.

Now for the most important part, the fridge magnet, lacking a bit in quality but a lower quality fridge magnet is better than no fridge magnet. Everyone loves a fridge magnet.

View attachment 789101

That’s awful. Hopefully just an idiot having a bad day.

Beautiful dog by the way. Was going to buy one of those jumpers tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back