Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be picking him for fantasy football.

But I expect to see him running before round one.

Certainly not fantasy. But a draft game based on points for other things such as AA, BnF, games played, player ratings etc I think he would be value if fit and playing by round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll be ready.
Good to hear.

Sounds like the bone/fracture healing won’t be an issue after surgery. All has gone well reportedly.

However match conditioning will determine whether he is ready for round 1 but seems he won’t be far off - and good for the earlier rounds.

As expected it was bloody hot at training today. Though in my opinion the skills on display were improved on what I saw a few weeks ago. Some same drills to what I saw a few weeks ago and some different.

Rehab group = Walters, Sturt, Taberner, McCarthy, Valente, Dixon, Henry plus others. Matera and Mundy were running laps. Switta not training.

Best trainers for me: Hill, he's just on another level, I expect him to have a career best year if he stays injury free; Bewley, did one amazing flat kick into the corridor which stood out. No doubt he'll be in round 1; Tucker, I've always rated him. He's so composed and hardly ever makes a mistake at training. I'll be verty keen to see how he does this year; Crowden, almost never misses a target and is always noticeable in the drills. Plus he looks in really good physical condition.

Some other players that I think look decent are: Logue, even though his kicking can be hit and miss his intensity is good and he's a bit of a beast; Schulz, I actually think he does everything at a decent level, and he shows real goal nous; Conca, I would be angry if Acres took his spot in the team. He definitely adds composure and training quite well; Lobb, he's just real good;

There was one drill that is almost identical to one of Ross's favourites, however, the intent couldn't be more different. They set up cones making a a fairly narrow and short corridor going across the wings. There are a large amount of players congested in this space. The ball is kicked long from the centre down one wing and the ball is brought to ground and they have to move it from end to end. In this drill in particular Stephen Hill dominated, but most of the group was moving it quickly from end to end with a few short chips here and there.

Of the new recruits they all trained for a good portion of the session. As you'd expect Young and Serong have adapted the quickest to the tempo. Young should've been top 3 in the draft for sure. Pina has adapted well also. He shows good evasion and rebound from defense. Frederick's pressure is good and he got praise from Longmuir on one occasion for a tackle.

Hey Docker Crew , just wondering if you think Andy Brayshaw is ready for full breakout mode in 2020 or is he another 12 months away .
Gut feeling is he takes massive strides and announces himself in a big way . Looks fit as f..k and ready to roll .
Appreciate any feedback . Cheers

Hey Docker Crew , just wondering if you think Andy Brayshaw is ready for full breakout mode in 2020 or is he another 12 months away .
Gut feeling is he takes massive strides and announces himself in a big way . Looks fit as f..k and ready to roll .
Appreciate any feedback . Cheers
Will add 10 to 20 points to his average.

There is more midfield time available.

Just another small note on who is TTHD... Lobb singled out Switta in his video on Freo's website - seems excited about the pair of them working i50 together.

Acres also got a shout out by Fyfe in another interview he did as did all of Bewley, Brayshaw and McCarthy again.

As expected it was bloody hot at training today. Though in my opinion the skills on display were improved on what I saw a few weeks ago. Some same drills to what I saw a few weeks ago and some different.

Rehab group = Walters, Sturt, Taberner, McCarthy, Valente, Dixon, Henry plus others. Matera and Mundy were running laps. Switta not training.

Best trainers for me: Hill, he's just on another level, I expect him to have a career best year if he stays injury free; Bewley, did one amazing flat kick into the corridor which stood out. No doubt he'll be in round 1; Tucker, I've always rated him. He's so composed and hardly ever makes a mistake at training. I'll be verty keen to see how he does this year; Crowden, almost never misses a target and is always noticeable in the drills. Plus he looks in really good physical condition.

Some other players that I think look decent are: Logue, even though his kicking can be hit and miss his intensity is good and he's a bit of a beast; Schulz, I actually think he does everything at a decent level, and he shows real goal nous; Conca, I would be angry if Acres took his spot in the team. He definitely adds composure and training quite well; Lobb, he's just real good;

There was one drill that is almost identical to one of Ross's favourites, however, the intent couldn't be more different. They set up cones making a a fairly narrow and short corridor going across the wings. There are a large amount of players congested in this space. The ball is kicked long from the centre down one wing and the ball is brought to ground and they have to move it from end to end. In this drill in particular Stephen Hill dominated, but most of the group was moving it quickly from end to end with a few short chips here and there.

Of the new recruits they all trained for a good portion of the session. As you'd expect Young and Serong have adapted the quickest to the tempo. Young should've been top 3 in the draft for sure. Pina has adapted well also. He shows good evasion and rebound from defense. Frederick's pressure is good and he got praise from Longmuir on one occasion for a tackle.
As Stephen Hill's new 2019 buddy I wholeheartedly endorse these comments :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back