List Mgmt. 2020 Tiges Big Improvers

Which player will be the big improvers this year?

• Liam Baker

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 16 12.3%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Jack Ross

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Patrick Naish

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Riley Collier-Dawkins

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Fraser Turner

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Noah Balta

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In no order:
Miller
English
Cumberland
Dow
Ralphsmith
Biggy
Martyn
Aarts

All yet to prove themselves consistantly at AFL or VFL level. Markov being luckiest senior player to still have a contract.
Markov is unlucky to have had the injury interruptions. It's a shame, that he hasn't kept fit. I like him as a medium defender. Miller was KPD in training drills. See how he goes this year. If Balta and Garth get AFL games, Miller might develop. Aarts is ready to go depth small fwd. He may end up with another club next year. A la Butler.

Last edited:
RCD has size, speed, skills and building tank. Will play in next Premiership.
Who comes out of the team for him? I see 2020 as development years for RCD, Ross,CJ and Naish, and Balta. My best 22 has Graham, Stack and Ross in. And Ellis, Bolton, Baker out. Short, I think is replaceable too.

Love to see Ross take another as a regular mid
Ross showed already that he can mix it at the level and with another summer under his belt I expect him to have more of an impact and establish himself as part of the next wave of midfielders.
I voted Jack Ross
If man-bun Fyfe had not trodden on his foot I seriously reckon Ross will have had a highly regarded first season and would have been a premiership player already.
I reckon he is going to be a gun.

Last edited:
Don’t know if he will break into the 22 for the whole year but I’m pretty bullish about Collier-Dawkins
Would love to see 10ish games and just consolidate on his end of last year

Marlion Pickett is the player I am most excited about. He is now getting his first full preseason plus is spending a lot of time with Dusty at training. I reckon he could become one of the league's top mids.
That is exciting re Dusty and MP...I'm not sure what Marlion's footy ceiling is going to be post 2019...but jeez I'm looking forward to Marlion making a big splash....👍😘👍

Wow. I hadn't noticed all the very good football from RCD. In a GF, vs a team with older players. I hope he gets games in the AFL. Looks at home in the middle doesn't he. Is he ahead of Jack Graham? Just looks like the transition between Cotch, Bachar, Sheds may not be perfect. Do you throw Sheds to back pocket, Cotch to half back? Is Caddy safe?

To those mentioning Stack going to another level...go back and watch his 2019 highlights. I am not sure there is another level after that.

Surprised Fraser Turner is not getting a few mentions, was young in his draft year, looks a real lively type who knows how to find the ball. Has loads of upside and he looks to be on a straight line to the top, Turner. The Soldering Iron is no longer in a state of flux and is only going one way on the improvement ladder, up. I think we all expect bigger things from him, though competition for his spot will really heat up this year. :cool:

As a person who loves plays on words I am especially hoping CCJ and Thomson Dow take big strides forward so we can rename this thread the Dow-Coleman-Jones Index. :moustache:

Interesting to see if Noah’s improvement arc accelerates. Noah Balta that is. :oops:

J Riewoldt if injury free I expect might really put his wares on display this year.

J Aarts should improve to a decent degree. Everyone knows Arts degrees are no good for anything. o_O

I’ll get me coat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. I hadn't noticed all the very good football from RCD. In a GF, vs a team with older players. I hope he gets games in the AFL. Looks at home in the middle doesn't he. Is he ahead of Jack Graham? Just looks like the transition between Cotch, Bachar, Sheds may not be perfect. Do you throw Sheds to back pocket, Cotch to half back? Is Caddy safe?
Still behind JG AS Jack is pretty well established at the level. I think he needs to be integrated in whilst we rest guys like Cotch , Sheds or if injuries hit us like early last year. Caddy is still safe.

Soldo, Ross, Bolton I'm tipping establish themselves as good AFL players.

Naish is pretty set to get games on the wing with no Ellis or Grigg, so he should show something.

Pickett/Stack/Baker will probably play at their current level or improve. Either way is good for us.

The others I'm not sure/not hopeful for.

In no order:
Miller
English
Cumberland
Dow
Ralphsmith
Biggy
Martyn
Aarts

All yet to prove themselves consistantly at AFL or VFL level. Markov being luckiest senior player to still have a contract.

bottom6 means worst six players in the best 22 or current 22

of the senior team

I wonder if they’d entertain the idea of him as a back man, seems he’s a fair bit down the chain in terms of ruck/forwards.

I think Chol speed and size could be good as the loose man next to Vlastuin, Grimes, Astbury, Houli etc.

you might lose Bakers / Short skill and kicking but get a lot of size speed and xfactor

im pretty sure the HQ would of been factoring in keeping Broad and adding Rance (4 tall defenders - Grimes, Astbury, Broad Rance...) , so itll be interesting how it unfolds

Chol did a lot of good things in his last game at VFl level. If Chol is playing and two ruckman he would get a few mins at least as the third ruck. His jumping ability is pretty insane - hopefully his footy iq improves with more games under the belt

Nyuon allegedly not being afl-ready may help

9 mostly decent games at AFL level - premiership season @ 22 years old. not a bad return for 2phones

It's really about what position allows an opportunity - probably through injury.
Last year 2 tall forwards, 2 tall backs & 2 tall rucks seemed the go. Except for injury, most likely change is for a more versatile 2nd ruck - CCJ, Chol, Balta to push ahead of Nank or Soldo?
Small forwards fairly set, but form and confidence are everything. Stack & Higgins waiting...
Small backs set, despite many wanting Baker or Broad out of their best 22. Egg, Naish, K-Mac next in line?
Ellis's wing seems to be the most genuine spot available but really, it probably goes to Pickett as Graham or Stack walk back into the team. Otherwise K-Mac.

So much depth

I think Chol speed and size could be good as the loose man next to Vlastuin, Grimes, Astbury, Houli etc.

you might lose Bakers / Short skill and kicking but get a lot of size speed and xfactor

im pretty sure the HQ would of been factoring in keeping Broad and adding Rance (4 tall defenders - Grimes, Astbury, Broad Rance...) , so itll be interesting how it unfolds

Chol did a lot of good things in his last game at VFl level. If Chol is playing and two ruckman he would get a few mins at least as the third ruck. His jumping ability is pretty insane - hopefully his footy iq improves with more games under the belt

Nyuon allegedly not being afl-ready may help

9 mostly decent games at AFL level - premiership season @ 22 years old. not a bad return for 2phones
We have Balta as potential for KPD depth too. But I was blown away how good Chol was when he played.

What about the 360º turn at 1:32, hits the tackler with his body and he goes down. That's a strong 18 year old.
One of the things about his game I love is that he isn’t afraid to draw the contact and still manage to dish it off to a player on the outside

Ross also does it very well going to be amazing in a few years when we have these two young brutes winning those hard balls and dishing it off to Bolton and Stack

Back