The Lone Latic

Glutton for Punishment
Oct 8, 2011
Watching the Latics fail repeatedly
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wigan Athletic
MELBOURNE is set to execute a pick swap with Adelaide which could help unlock a deal to land North Melbourne's Ben Brown.

AFL.com.au understands the Crows will send a second-round pick (currently No.33) and a third-round pick (currently No.50) to the Demons in exchange for their future second-round and future fourth-round selections.

It will leave the Demons with picks 26, 33, 43, 50, 68 and 69 in this year's NAB AFL Draft.

I'm hoping we get 26, 33 and 43 but I don't see that happening. Guessing 2 out of those 3 picks and if that's the case, hopefully the higher 2

El Triggso

Foremost authority and leading expert
Sep 26, 2013
Club cafe
AFL Club
North Melbourne
MELBOURNE is set to execute a pick swap with Adelaide which could help unlock a deal to land North Melbourne's Ben Brown.

AFL.com.au understands the Crows will send a second-round pick (currently No.33) and a third-round pick (currently No.50) to the Demons in exchange for their future second-round and future fourth-round selections.

It will leave the Demons with picks 26, 33, 43, 50, 68 and 69 in this year's NAB AFL Draft.

Hmmm... aside from the Brown trade, this makes it much less likely that Adelaide can satisfy the Dogs for pick 14

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
Yeh, Ablett, Taylor, Menzel and Bruns.

Nah mate obviously Geelong are going above and beyond, doing whatever they can to compassionately get Jeremy Cameron to regional Victoria (in the greater Geelong area OF COURSE), the only place in the world that you can go fishing. This includes offering up exciting Geelong youth and guaranteed future superstars like Stefan Okunbor, Nathan Kreuger, Oscar Brownless and Jake Tarca!* GWS are just being unreasonable.

*the article actually talks about Lachie Fogarty, Charlie Constable, Nakia Cockatoo & Rhys ******* Stanley lol. Imagine thinking any of them have any value.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
This is the issue with trading Pick 2 though.

Rather then our second (potentially first) choice of the five (non NGA), we could end up with our fifth choice. Brady/Luff will be weighing up how big that gap is between best and worst case. Personally, I'm not trading the potential of Hollands/McDonald for Thrilthorpe.

I guess we're all assuming that Finnegan has them in that sort of order. He may absolutely love someone like Tanner Bruhn, to pluck a name out, might think he has as much potential as anyone, or enough to justify trading down.

The Adelaide Crows trade Round 2 (33) and Round 3 (50) to Melbourne for its Future R2 & Future R4 Selection.
Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can't write comedy this funny. Logged onto Trade Radio to see if there is anything happening. Their first caller is some bloke from Colac who appeared to be ignoring his screaming infant son to speak to Julian de Stoop and Brendon Goddard. When questioned about the absolutely beside-himself child in the background, the bloke said "yeah it's me son, he's cracked the shits" and kept asking about Geelong and Jeremy Cameron

Colac, say no more.

This is a place that had a Covid cluster of over 100 in their abattoir, got it under control only for it to have a 2nd wave because of a swingers party.

Last edited:

teethmeetsflesh

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So, are we expecting that we will get Melbourne's 26 and 33 in exchange for BBB? I think that's fair if the case. Then use that to get WB's 14 or would we be more likely to use both 26 and 33 in the draft? I really wish that this trading period was shorter :/

Melbourne have traded Mitchell Hannan to the Western Bulldogs for its Future R3 Selection.
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I'd be hoping for 26 and 33

What's that underlying value?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ARGGGGGH.

The value is the 26th and 33rd best players before bids.

You can't mash them together and get the 12th best player no matter what centrifuge you use.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Why do I have a feeling they are just going to offer 33...…

Wasn't the original chatter they were reluctant to hand over 26 on it's own?

Back