List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't write comedy this funny. Logged onto Trade Radio to see if there is anything happening. Their first caller is some bloke from Colac who appeared to be ignoring his screaming infant son to speak to Julian de Stoop and Brendon Goddard. When questioned about the absolutely beside-himself child in the background, the bloke said "yeah it's me son, he's cracked the shits" and kept asking about Geelong and Jeremy Cameron

He then abruptly ended the call saying "gotta get back to mi' mayoral duties now".

Brendon Goddard has about as much presence and charisma as a dead cat

Disagree. Dead cat ftw.

img_7275.jpg

They got a steal. Surprised we didn’t enquire if that was the going rate for him.

Plenty of potential upside there with Wright.
Tend to agree, however he's 203cm and his weaknesses are contested marking, urgency and physicality. Given we don't see Browny as part of our future because of question marks around these very attributes, its probably not surprising we're not looking to bring in a significantly worse version.

They got a steal. Surprised we didn’t enquire if that was the going rate for him.

Plenty of potential upside there with Wright.
He would only be a depth player at best for us. If he is *'s main target inside forward 50 next season then they are really struggling. He's essentially a 203cm statue who can't take a contested mark.

Thilthorpe. He's the one of that I'm least interested in for us TBH, but I think he would be pretty enticing for all of Gold Coast, Sydney and Hawthorn.

This is the issue with trading Pick 2 though.

Rather then our second (potentially first) choice of the five (non NGA), we could end up with our fifth choice. Brady/Luff will be weighing up how big that gap is between best and worst case. Personally, I'm not trading the potential of Hollands/McDonald for Thrilthorpe.

Rather then our second (potentially first) choice of the five (non NGA), we could end up with our fifth choice. Brady/Luff will be weighing up how big that gap is between best and worst case. Personally, I'm not trading the potential of Hollands/McDonald for Thrilthorpe.

We got cute with our first pick last year. Not again.

Geelong then resumed their zoom call with North Melbourne, raising the same players.

Brady Rawlings had to awkwardly to explain to Stephen Wells that "you'd kept our mic on during your GWS call mate".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have Geelong lost all leverage with those four players now? Or because they’re Geelong can they still demand a first rounder for each?

I direct his honour back to the previously referenced case of Steven vs St Kilda.

2019: Saints player Jack is unwell and must get home. Any hard negotiation would be unethical
2020: Geelong player Jack is a shitsack and must be delisted asap, shame on him for wasting not only Geelong's but Patrick Dangerfield's time

MELBOURNE is set to execute a pick swap with Adelaide which could help unlock a deal to land North Melbourne's Ben Brown.

AFL.com.au understands the Crows will send a second-round pick (currently No.33) and a third-round pick (currently No.50) to the Demons in exchange for their future second-round and future fourth-round selections.

It will leave the Demons with picks 26, 33, 43, 50, 68 and 69 in this year's NAB AFL Draft.

Tend to agree, however he's 203cm and his weaknesses are contested marking, urgency and physicality. Given we don't see Browny as part of our future because of question marks around these very attributes, its probably not surprising we're not looking to bring in a significantly worse version.

What are his strengths? Apart from being 203cm. that is?

Absolutely, you have to acknowledge the risk there. But you also have to look at the potential reward i.e. an extra top 10 pick (IMO) next year in a supposedly strong draft. I'm not really saying we should do the trade, but can now see the potential benefits. As you say, depends on how the club rates the difference between those top picks. Happy to back in the club, whichever way they go with this.

I actually reckon the one that would be good for us in this deal is Hawthorn. Don't go back quite as far this year and Hawthorn don't seem to have accepted where they are at yet, so could well give us another top 4 pick next year. Although haven't seen anything about them wanting to trade up and we have been burnt by trading with them in the past!

Last edited:

Constable, Fogarty, Cockatoo and Stanley....surprised that they didn't throw Narkle & Zac Guthrie in there too given how extraordinarily "generous" they are....

I imagine Geelong were suitably taken aback when none of these little nuggets of gold garnered any interest....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back