List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Thndr

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
Mick Martin school of bad looks.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Aaaaand wait for it .........

" Another champion player leaves the sinking North Melbourne ship" ........ Caroline Wilson

giphy (27).gif

All the best Higgo, loved watching you play.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Totally unsurprising deal to the realists who post here.

I'd have kept him for that return. Understand he liked the bait of an extra year but he was contracted more value to us a high quality player, trainer and leader than pick 30 imo.

Ie - pick 30 wouldn't have been enough to make me deal.

It is what it is though. Thanks for the memories Shaun.

Pick 30 will slide out to more than that not come forward.
It’s a sh*t pick unless we have agreed to part with it for Stephenson, so turn Higgo into Stevo.
If we don’t get someone with that pick it’s a bust, the likelihood of getting another Higgo with 30 is extremely remote, actually I probably have more chance of winning lotto.
Just go and look at a few drafts at between 30-40 and see how many are doing as well as Higgo or even half of what he offers.

We weren't likely to have offered him another contract after next year, the deal is fair.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not a fan of pick 30, but I get it. We don't expect him to be around when we're contending next and think losing him won't damage the culture much, if at all, but the player we get for pick 30 is every chance of being around.

We've been playing him out of position anyway, so if he stayed on would we still be doing that?

Tarka_Dal

Senior List
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pick 30 will slide out to more than that not come forward.
It’s a sh*t pick unless we have agreed to part with it for Stephenson, so turn Higgo into Stevo.
If we don’t get someone with that pick it’s a bust, the likelihood of getting another Higgo with 30 is extremely remote, actually I probably have more chance of winning lotto.
Just go and look at a few drafts at between 30-40 and see how many are doing as well as Higgo or even half of what he offers.
Perez, Taylor, Scott all in our best 22. Comben highly rated on this board. Mahony pretty handy as well. All drafted at 30 or above from last 2 drafts.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair outcome for both parties.

It's quite funny that people on here are laughing at the hypothetical trades Collingwood supporters are coming up with regarding Stephenson yet thought we would get a 1st rounder in return for Higgins.

Pick 30 is about right - happy with that.

No one was unrealistic expecting a first rder probably more lower in the twenties im guessing

But it's done now let's trade it back out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

North Melbourne trade Shaun Higgins to the Geelong Cats for its R2 (30) selection.
Thank You Higgo!
The reality is next year we wanted to go with Cunnington, LDU and Simpkin in the middle, Higgins isn't a wingman and our flank positions are already getting overwhelmed.

I'd have kept him for that return. Understand he liked the bait of an extra year but he was contracted more value to us a high quality player, trainer and leader than pick 30 imo.

Ie - pick 30 wouldn't have been enough to make me deal.

It is what it is though. Thanks for the memories Shaun.

Yeah, it would have been nice to get a bit more but Geelong didn't have 29 or 28 or something incrementally better.

Surely this is a predictable outcome (within a range) in the circumstances of allowing Higgo to look for a better offer with our blessing. It's also an acknowledgement of the fact that he will be 33 when next season starts.

If we wanted to keep him and were willing to give him a better deal to head off suitors, we wouldn't take 30, but that's not the facts.

Back