2020 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Winter is no fool.
Probably isn't a fool, but he and Brad did end up looking a little foolish during last year's trade period, when there were no takers for their ridiculous asking price. I'm no player manager though, so WTF do I know. o_O

Probably isn't a fool, but he and Brad did end up looking a little foolish during last year's trade period, when there were no takers for their ridiculous asking price. I'm no player manager though, so WTF do I know. o_O
If you believe the media storyline...

CORNES’ STRONG WARNING FOR BRAD CROUCH

Port Adelaide Hall of Fame member Kane Cornes believes out of contract Adelaide star Brad Crouch should think about success first and money second.

Sounds more like go to a team that pays you unders so that the Crows dont get Pick 2. :drunk:

Crouch really needs to go to a team that will pay him the most. This is an awful time in the world for many people, Brouch securing a massive 3 year deal will set up his future.

He should be thinking of long term gain, rather than short term pleasure.

Port Adelaide Hall of Fame member Kane Cornes believes out of contract Adelaide star Brad Crouch should think about success first and money second.

Sounds more like go to a team that pays you unders so that the Crows dont get Pick 2. :drunk:

Crouch really needs to go to a team that will pay him the most. This is an awful time in the world for many people, Brouch securing a massive 3 year deal will set up his future.

Or maybe Port can’t match the new offers or afford to get into a bidding war ....

Lolza first Whately, now Cornes. A fine selection of bottom feeding muppets lining up trying to devalue him. Waiting for Tom Browne to chime in

Gerard Whately saying today no one should give Crouch more than $500,000 and not over 3 years. They're all pushing hard to creative a narrative that we don't get a 1st round pick for him.

Listening to Brad just then I'm now 90-10 that he'll stay. And I'm ok with that.

Really opened up. Loves it here. His partner is scared. Lost her dad recently. He doesn't want to live in Melbourne. Will only move if it's to a genuine contender and even then he doesn't want to.

Should have a listen later if you didn't hear it.

well listening to B Crouch on AA just now I get the feeling he really does not want to go but he has been pushed
Can’t be giving him 4 year contract. We stuffed up so far on all our long term deals to players and including Sloane. Listening to that interview he is going to Geelong , he said he is not interested in living in Melbourne and he also wants to go to a contender if he can’t stay in Adelaide . Don’t know how he will get the big dollars at Geelong cause they pick up free agent every year plus they don’t pay their players over the top but do brown paper bag deals .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t be giving him 4 year contract. We stuffed up so far on all our long term deals to players and including Sloane. Listening to that interview he is going to Geelong , he said he is not interested in living in Melbourne and he also wants to go to a contender if he can’t stay in Adelaide . Don’t know how he will get the big dollars at Geelong cause they pick up free agent every year plus they don’t pay their players over the top but do brown paper bag deals .
Port?

Gerard Whately saying today no one should give Crouch more than $500,000 and not over 3 years. They're all pushing hard to creative a narrative that we don't get a 1st round pick for him.

I'd have agreed with that if it wasn't for the bizzarely generous contract Atkins got (though I'm still skeptical of the Atkins offer tbh, I don't think the terms are quite as generous as have been reported)

Listening to Brad just then I'm now 90-10 that he'll stay. And I'm ok with that.

Really opened up. Loves it here. His partner is scared. Lost her dad recently. He doesn't want to live in Melbourne. Will only move if it's to a genuine contender and even then he doesn't want to.

Case closed?
He's shown his worth over the last 3 weeks (if not before), media wants him to get lowballed, so we don't get adequate return for him.
Seems like a win-win all round to just keep him.

well listening to B Crouch on AA just now I get the feeling he really does not want to go but he has been pushed
I don't think he's being pushed, and I don't think he thinks that. He knows the obvious - that as a FA he might get a big offer, one that the club will not be willing to match, and the club will be happy to take the compo. It'll be up to him.

The only way he'd be "pushed" would be if the club seriously lowballed him to the point that he'd be insulted / mad to not take the other offer, and I don't think that'll happen.

Our offer will almost certainly be less than another club will be prepared to pay, that (big offers) is what happens with FA. But as long as our offer is fair market value (leaving aside the FA distortion) there's no reason for him to feel "pushed" and I think he would see that.

Gee whizz not a ruse to get him to port on a lower salary ? Stay in SA and play finals with them....

For all we know, he may never have had any intention of leaving. The club never had any intention of making him. And it's entirely a media created situation that internally didn't actually exist.

Pretty obvious answer - we match it and he stays here.
I agree - but how will we feel when we're all trying to get game time for our young mids?

For a team starved of top end talent that actually wants to stay here, it’s crazy that people are so happy to take a draft pick for him.

Honestly, look at the stats around success rate with draft picks. It’s a lottery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back