List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont mind him. He has had a shitload of injuries though.
Payne actually was out for the his first year in 2018 after playing a couple of trials due to I think stress fractures in a leg. From memory flared up again in preseason training and Lions took a cautious approach but he played every game in the NEAFL for 2019, except the first two rounds. I know he is playing in the ressie matches against other AFL squads this year, but we are getting no feedback from the club on how those fringe players are going. Would appear he is over his leg injury. Still contracted with Lions until 2021 not sure they would let him go, but then again if they are after a big key forward from Port, and Payne might not want to wait behind Andrews so who knows.

Thoughts on going after Sam Durdin? Out of favour at North Melbourne. He's 24 200cm and would be a great tall addition to our backline.
Don't really rate him, if it's for depth i guess that's fine as long as he's free or late draft pick. I assume the theory that he matches up on the Hawkins type. ( As he ever done it ?

Jake Pasini isn't a bad size at 193cm and suits Monty's defensive structures. Zones off, intercept marks and is a good distributor of the ball.

And we don't have to trade for him ;)

Jake Pasini isn't a bad size at 193cm and suits Monty's defensive structures. Zones off, intercept marks and is a good distributor of the ball.

And we don't have to trade for him ;)
Do you reckon the coach even knows he exists?

A general question as I am obviously far removed from the daily goings on in SA. If the Crows' poor culture is the reason for their worthlessness, why would we be so keen to bring in some of their players? Is there a well understood view of who/what is responsible for the poor culture in the first place (apart from the obvious answers like their management and THAT camp)?

I ask because it seems one of the things we do have this year is a genuine sense of team. Wouldn't want to lose that.

Look, I'm still ambivalent vis-a-vis his position but I love that Ken is being more forthright these days. Starting to call it as he sees it and not hiding behind platitudes and motherhood. Hopefully he's not going to be making such a definitive statement if it's not true. Love that too. Very happy to keep Charlie.

A general question as I am obviously far removed from the daily goings on in SA. If the Crows' poor culture is the reason for their worthlessness, why would we be so keen to bring in some of their players? Is there a well understood view of who/what is responsible for the poor culture in the first place (apart from the obvious answers like their management and THAT camp)?

I ask because it seems one of the things we do have this year is a genuine sense of team. Wouldn't want to lose that.

The poor culture at the “club” doesn’t start with the players. The players become victims of it. Guys are leaving because they want to be part of a real club and a real team. At clubs with real culture the players hang tough as they did with us. The Crows players wanting out are good players looking for culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong’s Nakia Cockatoo shapes as one of the most fascinating trade prospects at season’s end.
The linebreaking midfielder has endured a torrid battle with various soft tissue and knee injuries and hasn’t played since consecutive games in Rounds 2 and 3 in 2018.

He was expected to break through this year but is yet to make a senior appearance in 2020.

While the club is hopeful the 23-year-old has finally got on top of his injury issues, he is out of contract and could explore opportunities at rival clubs.

I would take a chance on Nakia if he is basically free. Was it him who was a big port supporter growing up?

Yep.

414729152afd3d3f2b2ed9136454c901

I would take a chance on Nakia if he is basically free. Was it him who was a big port supporter growing up?

Yes

Cockatoo has made clear his awareness of a “lottery nature” of the draft that could see him heading anywhere in the nation.

He has already declared hopes that he might launch his AFL days at Port Adelaide, where he idolised Gavin Wanganeen.

“Port is the team I’d love to go to, but just getting to a club would be fantastic,” he said.

And....

Leading up to the national draft, Cockatoo appreciated somehandy advice from his uncle Che Cockatoo-Collins, who played 85 AFL games forEssendon and 75 games for Port Adelaide during 1994 to 2003.

and just for giggles....

“It is a big honour for me and I am so humbled to go to a good team like Geelong, and also to be playing with Steven Motlop....

Only way i'd take Cockatoo is if he is delisted and we pick him up as a DFA
I'd take him in a pie and chips trade see if our fitness staff can get him on the park but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.. I lose sleep over high profile dud dealings like Motlop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back