List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched Ben Brown a few times at Werribee and couldn't believe he actually ended up on an AFL team. He was one of the worst players you would see on the ground.

Still watching him to this day I think it will do nothing for them. There isn't a more one trick pony player in the comp.

If the defender has any closing speed they can stop him from marking on a lead and then you saw what happened in 2020 when he stopped getting a ridiculous amount of free kicks for flopping and flailing around everywhere.

He will be a good pick up for them if somehow the umpires start giving him 2-3 charity free kicks in the forward 50 per game again but if he is umpired fairly he goes back to being a very ordinary player who can only impact games with a mark on the lead and his opponent player 15 metres behind him.

Can't crumb, can't take contested marks and if he being 1 on 1 and isn't getting free kicks he will be a complete bust, like he was this year.

There was a stat somewhere that I think 31 of his 64 goals in 2019 came from free kicks which was 9 more than the next player.
I'm no Ben Brown fan. But that's undeniably cheap for a guy who has kicked 60 plus goals 3x and is 27.

I'm not sure how Brown and Weideman are going to work together. Both strike me as 80's style close to goal full forwards. Couple that with the fact that Melbourne try to rest a ruck up there in Jackson and it's not a great mix.
Agreed. Brown is a 1 trick pony (granted - its a bloody good trick). He's a lead up FF and that is it. He's terrible once the ball hits the ground and can't apply any pressure. The fact he has kicked so many goals in the modern game is testament to his lead up ability. Genuine 100 goal early 90s full forward...

He would be an absolute non-factor in a Basset forward line.

Ben Brown trade was about right for a vegan.

I watched Ben Brown a few times at Werribee and couldn't believe he actually ended up on an AFL team. He was one of the worst players you would see on the ground.

Still watching him to this day I think it will do nothing for them. There isn't a more one trick pony player in the comp.

If the defender has any closing speed they can stop him from marking on a lead and then you saw what happened in 2020 when he stopped getting a ridiculous amount of free kicks for flopping and flailing around everywhere.

He will be a good pick up for them if somehow the umpires start giving him 2-3 charity free kicks in the forward 50 per game again but if he is umpired fairly he goes back to being a very ordinary player who can only impact games with a mark on the lead and his opponent player 15 metres behind him.

Can't crumb, can't take contested marks and if he being 1 on 1 and isn't getting free kicks he will be a complete bust, like he was this year.

There was a stat somewhere that I think 31 of his 64 goals in 2019 came from free kicks which was 9 more than the next player.
So what is he against Port, a 10 trick pony?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how Brown and Weideman are going to work together. Both strike me as 80's style close to goal full forwards. Couple that with the fact that Melbourne try to rest a ruck up there in Jackson and it's not a great mix.
Plus they have Goodwin as their senior coach 🤣🤣🤣

It's gonna get ugly for North next year...that team stinks.

They now have a fresh uni graduate as their footy boss, ******* lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back